返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3911|回复: 10
打印 上一主题 下一主题

我来做个贡献2014Fordham Pmcb program 我和小米的对话

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-12-18 09:01:19 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Thanks for your email. Maybe this email will be a little longer, I hope you can read them patiently.
     I was just graduated from ......in 2013 summer and my major is International business and trade which has four courses related to accounting. I am now with toefl ....and Gmat ...As you know I have applied for the 2014 spring MSA program. Waiting for ECE report, the MSA program haven’t review my documents yet. I want to get a conditional offer for MSA and with a conditional offer, I do not need to reapply for the MSA program. However, the test scores are not competitive enough, I am not sure I can get one. Also, I know the PMCB program can be applied alone, in this program I can study English skills and some accounting courses I need to prepare for the MSA program since I am not major in accounting,right?
    My questions are as follows,
    1. Is that mean I need to prepare for TOEFL and GMAT test while I am taking the PMCB program? After finishing the program in spring and summer term, I can apply for the fall MSA study with the new scores , right? What is the possibility to be admitted into the MSA program. What is the average score student need to have in order to be admitted again? I just want to know how big the risky and challenge is for me.
    2. The PMCB program has class alone or the same with the MSA student when studing the accounting courses?
   3. Do you need I send you my transcript to see which courses I need to have about the accounting major? I know it is related to the tuition. By the way what is the tuition about this whole program on average?
   4. Since the life expense is high in New York, I wanna have a part time job in school in order to offset some of my expense in daily life. Can the student like me work in the school?
   5. Are you a student graduate from PMCB? How do you feel the program?   

Thanks for your kindness and concentration. I am looing forward to hear from you. Have a nice day.

Best wishes
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-18 09:02:20 | 只看该作者
Thank you for your email. I hope my following answers can help you know more about PMCB.

1. Based on the students that we admitted to the PMCB program with a conditional admit, the average GMAT score was 680 and the TOEFL was 95.  You can definitely retake the GMAT and TOEFL during your PMCB program at Fordham. And with respect to the admission office, you may contact them with more detailed and accurate information.

2. PMCB students must take the prescribed PMCB courses which you can find the syllabus on this website.http://www.bnet.fordham.edu/academics/PMCB/.

3. The tuition fee for each credit now is $1,259. The PMCB Program requires three 3-credit language courses and three 3-credit business related courses to be taken within a two (2) consecutive trimester period, for a total of 18 credits.

And for the MSA program, the credits will vary based on the background of the students http://www.bnet.fordham.edu/academics/ms_programs/ms_accounting/index.asp .
My undergraduate major was Finance and the total credits for me is 45 credits (9 more credits than international students with Accounting background). I have to take AC7184 Individual and Business Entity Taxation, AC7155 Managerial Accounting Analysis, AC7105 Financial Accounting Theory, AC7171 Auditing of Accounting Systems I during the first two trimesters.

Please notice that the credits may vary on different individuals and I am only providing my credits and syllabus for reference.

Besides tuition, there will be international service fee, university general fees, etc. Please check them here.http://www.bnet.fordham.edu/admissions/tuition/index.asp

4. You can potentially work on campus. You can consult the Admission Office or the Office of Career Management when you are on campus.

5. I am not a student from PMCB but I know some students who completed the program(now in MSIS, MSGF,etc)  and who are now studying in the PMCB. They all told me that PMCB helped them to get fully prepared for the further study in US. The program offered students with language courses and business-related courses. I have a friend who was in the PMCB program. She told me that she couldn't even talk in a complete sentence when she first came here. But now she's good in English and she talks to people in English with confidence. And she's now in the MSGF program.

Actually, I am also taking two language communication courses now, Corporate Communications, and Presentations and Public Speaking. These two classes helped me to improve my language and presentation skills which I think are both important for everyone especially for international students. We will get lots of chances to practice and speak English in classes.

For more information related to the admission, you may email Pamela Baum, the admission consultant of Fordham GBA: pbaum2@fordham.edu. I think it would be helpful to let her now you would strongly consider the PMCB program if not admitted to the MSA.

I hope my email can help you know more about PMCB. Let me know your thoughts and feel free to email me.

Have a nice weekend.

Warm Regards,
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-18 09:08:20 | 只看该作者
我写的比较口语化,大家见笑了。不过现在春季申请结束了,为了兑现自己之前说过的话,就当回馈论坛了吧。院长给我推荐了一个TA的邮箱,我和她联系的,然后这是其中一次我和她对话的邮件。里面有一些信息还是挺有用的,希望对以后的申请者有些帮助吧。
地板
发表于 2013-12-19 14:42:40 | 只看该作者
我也跟这个人联系了,不过PMCB的要求好高,我的GT都没有达到,不知道有没有机会去上,楼主你申请这个项目了么
5#
发表于 2013-12-27 18:11:49 | 只看该作者
请问lz,pmcb是什么?
6#
发表于 2014-2-9 10:44:59 | 只看该作者
楼主决定去Fordham?  我是2014fall的   求联系方式   fordham有没有群啊?
7#
发表于 2014-3-29 22:34:10 | 只看该作者
楼主  我也刚收到这个项目的admission,求联系求指教私信你了!感谢!
8#
发表于 2014-6-19 08:42:49 | 只看该作者
额~~~~这个不是说就是一封拒信吗
9#
发表于 2016-5-19 19:34:15 | 只看该作者

你好,我也收到了pmcb的offer,请问你决定去了吗
10#
发表于 2016-6-28 13:33:57 | 只看该作者
狐狸你好吗 发表于 2016-5-19 19:34
你好,我也收到了pmcb的offer,请问你决定去了吗

你是16fall的pmcb项目么?我也接到offer还没决定去不去
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-11 11:13
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部