求提高成绩的建议。目前165

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-1-16 06:08:14 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
12月的考试考了165,已经了解到自己t14今年无望了。
想要从头开始再考一次。但是bible已经看了好几遍了,觉不出看得出啥新鲜来了。但是又不甘心自己就是165的水平。
想要再提高5到8分,请问大家有没有什么好的建议?
自己做题速度还是好慢:(阅读也是好慢。。。有没有什么好的建议可以有效的提高阅读速度的?
谢谢了。
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2012-1-16 06:59:43 | 只看该作者
Read English article EVERYDAY, not for contents, but for structure.
Know the main point and supporting evidence of the article.
Know where to find detailed information if asked.
Know the logic of the argument or flow presented in the article.

Keep reading for an hour everyday.
Then time yourself for one reading passage of LSAT.

As to LR, know all the questions types and know how to identify the question types quickly.
Train your eyes to recognize the premise and conclusion, opposing opinion and concession of a passage immediately.

What about your games?
What was the distribution of you mistakes among the 4 sections?
Were you having a bad day duing the test?
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-1 05:54:19 | 只看该作者
game 错了一个,rc 非常惨烈,12个错了 (最后一篇生物的跟自己专业背景接近但是没有了时间读题目,很遗憾)lr我发挥的还好,错两三个吧,其实是没有时间。做的都对,剩下两三个没有时间瞎猜就都是错的。我觉得所有的section 时间都特别紧:(谢谢楼上的建议哈。我没事也看看nytimes 或者wsj, 但是不觉得有进步,快速读就是要牺牲理解。这个structure, 我总是不是很敏感。
希望通过练习可以有提高吧。
地板
发表于 2012-2-1 06:43:48 | 只看该作者
The RC in Dec 11 was one of the toughest. It is a rare blend of logic reasoning and reading comprehension (I assume you are in the U.S.) Since your LR sections were Ok, you need to focus on the SPEED and ACCURACY in RC. No short cut. Just use brutal force. Read, read, read, and read. Eventually your eyes and brain will be habitually oriented to squeeze out the gist of the article and remember where to look for detailed information if asked.

Remember, in LSAT, RC is similar to an LR question, only on a much bigger scale. The author tries to convince the reader that he is right in saying something. All the paragraphs will gear toward: introduction of the background, argument, counter argument, evidences, intermediate conclusion, main conclusion, inference, and so on. That's what I meant by "structure."

The R.C. of Dec. 11 went to the extreme and asked the test taker to apply the conclusions made in the passage to different, new scenarios. It's very similar to the Principle or Parallel Reasoning type of questions in LR. If this is the new trend for RC, you need to pay attention and adjust your strategies accordingly.

Other journals you might want to read are Economics and Scientific American.
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-3 05:05:47 | 只看该作者
Cool~ RC is essentially a LR question.....It is really inspiring..
my english reading is more on daily news and not the argumentation kinda article. I guess the RC training for LSAT should be more focused on the kinda articles that authors are trying to make a point.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
Could you also share some suggestions on how to improve written English? I wish I could express myself as well you do in English...hope I didn't ask too much.  really appreciate the suggestions you already provided to me on the LSAT.
6#
发表于 2012-2-3 10:49:57 | 只看该作者
In fact, I already wrote a piece on this topic for another group of readers:

http://forum.chasedream.com/TOEFL_iBT/thread-499539-1-1.html

Again, no shortcut. Practice makes perfect. As I said, I wrote English replies almost everyday in this forum. Once I even got into trouble because I always wrote in English here. LOL.
7#
发表于 2013-11-24 05:51:58 | 只看该作者
谢谢楼主开了这个好帖,learned a lot from the posts!
弱问一句你现在哪所law school啊?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 法学院申请

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 13:56
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部