if引导的条件状语从句的分类及虚拟条件句的判断

[精华] [复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-5-10 15:06:13 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
1、可以把条件句分为两类:1).真实条件句(Sentences of Real Condition):凡是假设的情况发生性可能很大,就是真实条件句。
例如:、If I have time , I will help you with this work.如果我有时间会帮助你做此工作的。
、As long as I say anything wrong, you must point it out.只要我说了什么错话,你一定要指出来。
、If time permits, we'll go fishing together.(如果有时间的话,我们就一起去钓鱼。)
2).虚拟条件句(Sentences of Unreal Condition):当假设是不大可能实现时,就是虚拟条件句。
例如:、If I were you , I would have attended the meeting. 如果我是你的话,就去参加会议了。
、If he had come here yesterday, he would have seen his old friend.假如他昨天来这儿的话,就会看见他的老朋友。
、If it had rained yesterday, we would have stayed at home.(如果昨天下雨的话,我们就会留在家里。)
2、.if条件状语从句中虚拟语气的判断判断是真实条件句还是非真实条件句。只有在非真实条件句中才使用虚拟语气。通过句子意思,看假设的条件是否能够实现,能够实现是真实条件句,不能使用虚拟语气;假设的条件不能实现则是非真实条件句,要用虚拟语气。
判断这个假设是与哪个事实相反。通常有三种情况:与过去事实相反。与现在事实相反。与将来事实可能相反。
3、“后退一步法”后退一步法是指在准确地判断了该句与哪一事实相反后,按虚拟语气的后退一步法处理从句谓语动词的时态。即:在非真实条件状语从句中,谓语动词按正常情况“后退一步”。也就是:与过去事实相反,在从句中用过去完成时形式表示。与现在事实相反,在从句中用过去一般时形式表示。与将来事实可能相反,在从句中用过去将来时形式表示。 主句中则用情态动词would, should, could 等加一个与从句一致的动词形式。
例:、If I had come her yesterday, I would have seen him.
、If I were a teacher, I would be strict with my students
.、If it should snow tomorrow, they couldn't go out.
收藏收藏22 收藏收藏22
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2010-5-10 15:09:18 | 只看该作者

在什么情况下使用虚拟语气

1. 表示有可能实现的意愿的虚拟结构中,动词常用现在虚拟式:
(1)It is + adj + that +Sb + do/be + Sth
该结构中的主语从句表示说话人的意愿或主观态度,结构中的形容词用来表现说者的意愿趋向, 从句中的动词应用现在虚拟式。可用于该结构中的形容词包括 advisable, appropriate,crucial, desirable, essential, fitting, imperative(必要的),important, impossible, natural, necessary, obligatory(必须), preferable(更好的), proper, sad, strange,surprising, vital(至关重要的)等。如:
It is necessary that the car be checked thoroughly.
It was important that she have confidence in herself.
(2) S1 + v + that S2 + do Sth
在带有宾语从句的英语句子中,如主句中的谓语动词表示以下有可能实现的意愿时,从句中的动词应用现在虚拟式:
<1> 要求: ask, beg, demand, insist, request,require,
<2> 建议: advise, advocate, propose, recommend,suggest
<3> 命令: command, direct(命令), decree(裁决)instruct, move, order, urge,stipulate。
<4> 愿望: desire, expect, prefer(宁愿)。
<5> 决定:decide, 例如:
He insisted that you be on time.
It is desired that we get everything ready by tonight.
The commanding officer decided that no one be admitted without a special pass.
(3) N+(…) that +sb +do sth
表示要求、建议、命令、愿望、决定等意义的名词后如有其同位语从句或表语从句时,这类从句中的动词应用现在虚拟式。适用于该句型的名词有advice, conviction, decision, decree, demand, idea, motion,necessity, order, plan, preference, proposal, recommendation, requirement, resolution(决议), suggestion, wish, 如:
My idea is that we go ../right now.
The resolution that women be allowed to vote was carried.
(4) Fear/be afraid/worried lest Sb do Sth 表示害怕(担心)某种可能出现的情况,从句中的动词应用现在虚拟式。如:
I fear lest he arrive too late.
We were afraid lest it be stolen.
He was at once worried lest she leave him.

2.在用来表示不太可能实现的意愿或假设的虚拟结构中,动词常用过去虚拟式:
(1)Would that sb did sth/ had done sth
该结构表示与现实相反的愿望(would充当及物动词),that从句中的动词应用过去虚拟式,

Would that I werea student again.
Would that you didn’t refuse my proposal of marriage
(求婚).
Would that I had told him the change last Friday.

(2)If only
If only
有两种主要用法:
表示目前较难实现的愿望或与过去事实相反的愿望。表示目前较难实现的愿望时使用If only Sb+did/were Sth 或 if only Sb could/would do/be Sth的结构;表示与过去事实相反的愿望时使用if only Sb had done/been Sth 或 if only Sbcould have done Sth的结构, 如:
Oh, if he could only come
If only you would listen to reason.
If only I could have gone to the movies.
If only you hadn’t told Linda what I said.
if only 还可带一个条件状语从句,该条件句表示一种较难兑现的条件。如:
If only you would help me type my paper this afternoon, I would not have toburn the midnight oil.
If only they were here now, we would be able to discuss the issue together.
(3)But for和Except for(若非)
but for 和except for均需置于句首,其后均可接名词短语,表示与事实相反的假设或条件,其后句子中的谓语要用should/would/could (not)do/be…来表示对现在的虚拟;而用should/would(not) have done/been… 来表示对过去的虚拟,如:
But/Except for air and water, nothing could live in the earth.
But/Except for the storm, I could have swam across the Channel.
But/Except for Martin’s arms, I would have collapsed.
(4) but that(若非)
But that
后接真实情况的条件从句,该从句不用虚拟式,可置于句首或句中,而主句则需用 虚拟式Sb would (not) have done Sth(对过去),如:
But that he was prevented, he would have shot the other gay.
He would have said no but that he was afraid.
(5)If引导的非真实条件句
在If 引导的非真实条件句中,if Sb did/were sth表示对现在或将来的虚拟,这时主句用would dosth/would be doing sth来表示现在或将来难以实现的愿望或假设;if Sb haddone/been sth表示对过去的虚拟,这时主句用could/might/should/wouldhave done/been sth来表示过去未能实现的愿望或假设。如果省去条件句中的if,则引起该条件句的倒装。如:
If I were you, I’d marry her.
If we were men, we’d be doing something decent now.
Had he come earlier, he would have met her.
I should have talked to mother if I had thought of it.
(6) if it were not / had not been for…
该结构也是由if引导的非真实条件句,其中if it were not for…是与现在事实相反的条件句(句中的were不可替换成was),意为“要不是…”,这时主句中的动词使用过去将来式;if it had not been for…是与过去事实相反的条件句,这时主句中的动词使用过去将来完成式(另外,该条件句中的if如被省去时则引起倒装)。例如:
If it had not been for the newspaper, I would never have found my lostdaughter.
Were it not for the sun, there would be no plant on our planet.
(7) Sb wish后的宾语从句
Sb wish后的宾语从句要用虚拟语气,表示与实际情况相反的愿望,其中对过去的虚拟要用Sb wish that Sb/sth had done或could/might/would have done sth;对现在的虚拟要用Sb wish that Sb/sthwere/did sth;对将来的虚拟要用Sb wish that Sb/sthcould/might/would do sth,如:
I wish I had bought the house.
I wish you could have passed the test.
He wishes he were my age.
We wish you would try again.
(8) As if/though + Sb (or sth did/were 或 asif/though + Sb (or sth) had done/been 该结构表示非真实的想法或比喻, 结构中的动词用过去虚拟式,如:
You look as if you’d seen a ghost.
Why is she looking at me as though she knew me? I’ve never seen her before in mylife.
(9) It is (high/about) time that sb + did/were Sth.
该结构表示“到了非要做某事的时候了(早该做某事了),现在已错过了做某事的最佳时机了”从句中的动词要用过去虚拟式,如:
It’s about time you wrote your homework.
It is high time that you went to bed.
注意:该结构从句中的动词如果是be动词的话,接在第一、三人称单数的主语之后时应该用was而不用were,如:
It is high time that I was in bed.
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2010-5-10 15:11:25 | 只看该作者

大全里的条件状语从句及虚拟语气的题

5. A controversial figure throughout most of his public life, theBlack leader Marcus Garvey advocated thatsome Blacks return to Africa, the land that,to him, symbolized the possibility of freedom.
(A)that some Blacks return to Africa, the landthat, to him, symbolized the possibility of freedom
(B) that someBlacks return to the African land symbolizing the possibility of freedom to him
(C) that someBlacks return to Africa which was the landwhich symbolized the possibility of freedom to him
(D) some Black’sreturning to Africa which was the land that tohim symbolized the possibility of freedom
A(E) some Black’sreturn to the land symbolizing the possibility of freedom to him, Africa
34. A wildlife expert predicts thatthe reintroduction of the caribou into northern Minnesota
would fail if the density ofthe timber wolf population in that region is more numerous than one wolffor every 39 square miles.(A) would fail ifthe density of the timber wolf population in that region is more numerous than
(B) would failprovided the density of the timber wolf population in that region is more than
(C) should fail ifthe timber wolf density in that region was greater than
(D)will fail if the density of the timber wolf population in that region isgreater thanD
(E) will fail ifthe timber wolf density in that region were more numerous than
D, the best choice,uses a correct sequence of present and futureindicative verb forms—predicts, willfail, and is—in the three related clauses. Density, an abstract “mass” noun, is logically construed with greater than. In A and B, wouldfail disagrees with the other verbs in tense and mood. Choice Amisconstrues density with more numerous than, and B uses the pretentious and illogical word provided for if in a conditional clause after a negative idea (would fail). C’s shouldfail and was are confusing andinconsistent with predicts. C and E use the absurd phrase timber wolf density. (The wolves are notdense; their population is dense.) E also uses an inconsistent subjunctiveform, were, and misconstrues density with more numerous than.
predictsthat 后用will, if is.不用虚拟。

118.             Art museums do not usuallythink of their collections as capital or consider   the interest income that would begenerated if a portion of the capital would have been invested in anotherform.
(A) be generatedif a portion of the capital would have been
(B) have been generatedif a portion of the capital would have been
(C)be generated if a portion of the capital were
(D) be generatedif a portion of the capital wasC
(E) be generatedif a portion of the capital had been
虚拟语气只有C正确。在gmat中虚拟用was错。
interest incomewould be generated if a portion of the capital were invested in another form.
在If 引导的非真实条件句中,if Sb did/were sth表示对现在或将来的虚拟,这时主句用would dosth/would be doing sth来表示现在或将来难以实现的愿望或假设

155. Aviation officials have not onlyfailed to determine the cause of the crash, but they have also ignoreddemands by the pilots union that the investigation should be expedited.
(A) crash, butthey have also ignored demands by the pilots union that the investigationshould be expedited
(B)crash but also ignored demands bythe pilots union that the investigation beexpedited
(C) crash but haveignored demands for expediting the investigation by the pilots’ union
(D) crash, butthey are also ignoring the pilots’ union’s demands to expedite theinvestigationB
(E) crash: thedemands by the pilots’ union that the investigation should be expedited havealso been ignored
demand that..

158.Bankers require that the financial information presented to them bymortgage applicants be complete and follow a prescribed format.
(A)be complete and follow a prescribed format
(B) is completeand it follows a prescribed format
(C) be completeand a prescribed format is followed
(D) to be completeand a prescribed format be followingA
(E) be completed,and it followed a prescribed format
require that..

196.Camille Claudet worked continuously through the 1880’s and early 1890’
s with the sculptor Auguste Rodin; since thereare very few signed works of hers, the inescapable conclusion seems to beone of Claudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormous production ofthat period.(A) inescapable conclusionseems to be one of Claudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormousproduction of that period
(B) conclusion ofClaudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormous production of thatperiod seems inescapable
(C)conclusion seems inescapable that part of Rodin’s enormous production of thatperiod was conceived and executed by Claudet
(D) conclusion ofpart of Rodin’s enormous production of that period having been conceived andexecuted by Claudet seems inescapableC
(E) seeminglyinescapable conclusion is that Claudet would have conceived andexecuted part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period
E中虚拟语气使用错误
帖子:

问:would表猜测更符合原意 因为结论并不是事实 只是人们的猜测

答:虚拟语气不是这个意思,是在什么条件下(条件也是和事实相反的假设),应该发生而实际上并没有发生的事。

220.Constance Horner, chief of the United States
government’spersonnel agency, has recommended that theuse of any dangerous or illegal drug in the five years prior to application fora job be grounds for not hiring an applicant.(A)the use of any dangerous or illegal drug in the five years prior to applicationfor a job be grounds for not hiring an applicant
(B) any dangerousor illegal drug, if used in the five years prior to applying for a job, shouldbe grounds not to hire the applicant
(C) an applicant’suse of any dangerous or illegal drug in the five years prior to application fora job be grounds not to hire them
(D) an applicant’suse of any dangerous or illegal drug in the five years prior to applying for ajobare grounds that they not be hiredA
(E) for five yearsprior to applying for a job, an applicant’s use of any dangerous or illegaldrug be grounds for not hiring them
recommend that..

243.Developing nations in various parts of the world have amassed $700billion in debts; at stake, should a significant number of these debts berepudiated, is the solvency of some of the world’s largest multinationalbanks.
(A)should a significant number of these debts be repudiated, is
(B) should asignificant number of these debts be repudiated, are
(C) should theyrepudiate a significant number of these debts, are
(D) if there is arepudiation of a significant number of these debts, would beA
(E) if asignificant number of these debts will be repudiated, is
E if will
帖子1
问:本题考虚拟语气.我觉得D优于A.请教!!!!
答:D不是虚拟。
A是一种比较少见的虚拟句,即虚拟条件句+真实主句,通常GMAT考的是虚拟条件句+虚拟主句。
D错误,因为没有真实条件句+虚拟主句的用法.
答:同意rhod的看法,(D)还原出来就是
the solvency of some of theworld's largest multinational banks would be at stake,if there is a repudiationof a significant number of these debts.条件句用现在时,而主句用过去将来时,这是不符合虚拟语气用法的
帖子2

问:我还有个疑惑,就是为什么后面的是倒装呢,一般虚拟的话,should提前,从句倒装,主句就不倒装了

下面是例子

1) Should you beinterested (if you are…),I have a book on the subject you might like to see.
2) Should you need any help (=if you need anyhelp), you can always phone me at the office. (LONGMAN)

3) Shouldone of a pair die, the remaining fish cannot swim off in search of a mate, noris one likely to arrive.(大全RC)

4)Should the environment ever become tooextreme to support human life, naturalists predict that mice would be able toadapt and survive.此句把从句中的条件句前置了。

答:at satak 引起的倒装。倒装的一种常见形式,还原:the solvency of some of the world’s largest multinational banks isat stake. 国际银行的偿债能力面临风险

总结以上帖子解释,得出是:

should虚拟语气是一种特殊的虚拟,即虚拟条件句+真实主句。

帖子4
请教: 对比大全341 (og-151)大全243(sec03-04)

大全341(og-151).        

If Dr. Wadewas right, any apparent connection of the eating of highlyprocessed foods and excelling at sports is purely coincidental.D

(A) If Dr.

Wadewas right, any apparent connection of the eating of
(B) ShouldDr. Wade be right, any apparent connection of eating

(C) If Dr.

Wadeis right, any connection that is apparent between eating of
(D) If Dr.

Wade isright, any apparent connection between eating
(E) Should Dr. Wade have been right, anyconnection apparent between eating

大全中解释如下:

D, the best choice, deals successfully withfour issues. It uses a present indicative verb form in the conditionalclause. If Dr. Wade is right, in order to agree with the verbin the main clause, any connection is...coincidental. Ituses the idiomatic phrasing connection between x and y. Itpresents the coordinate objects of the preposition between (eating... and excelling...)in parallel form. Finally, the adjective apparent appears infront of its headnoun connection, not after. A, B, and E use incorrect verb forms in the conditionalclause. A and Buse the unidiomatic connection of x and y. A and C violateparallelism with eating of. C and E incorrectly place apparent afterits headword connection.

这道题和243题是不一样的,243题是虚拟语气,表示对现在或将来的假设
OG use incorrect verb forms in the conditional clause
341题选D的而没有选ABE的关键就是这句话是条件状语从句中的真实条件句,而非虚拟条件句
知识点补充1、可以把条件句分为两类:1).真实条件句Sentences of Real Condition):凡是假设的情况发生性可能很大,就是真实条件句。例如:If I have time , I will help you with this work.如果我有时间会帮助你做此工作的。As long as I say anything wrong, you must point it out.只要我说了什么错话,你一定要指出来。If time permits, we'll go fishing together.(如果有时间的话,我们就一起去钓鱼。)2).虚拟条件句Sentences of Unreal Condition):当假设是不大可能实现时,就是虚拟条件句。例如:If I were you , I would have attended the meeting. 如果我是你的话,就去参加会议了。If he had come here yesterday, he would have seen his old friend.假如他昨天来这儿的话,就会看见他的老朋友。If it had rained yesterday, we would have stayed at home.(如果昨天下雨的话,我们就会留在家里。)2.if条件状语从句中虚拟语气的判断判断是真实条件句还是非真实条件句。只有在非真实条件句中才使用虚拟语气。通过句子意思,看假设的条件是否能够实现,能够实现是真实条件句,不能使用虚拟语气;假设的条件不能实现则是非真实条件句,要用虚拟语气。判断这个假设是与哪个事实相反。通常有三种情况:与过去事实相反。与现在事实相反。与将来事实可能相反。
304.For many people, household labor remains demanding even if ableto afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle.
(A) even if ableto afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle
(B) despite beingable to afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle
(C)even if they can afford household appliances their grandparents would havefound miraculous对许多人来说,家务活始终是费神的,即使他们能买得起(他们的祖父母觉得神奇的)家电。
(D) although theycould afford household appliances their grandparents would find miraculousC
(E) even if theyare able to afford household appliances which would have been a miracle totheir grandparents
A) able to afford少主语, 会产生household labor is able to afford; their grandparentswould find household appliances a miracle这样householdappliances成了a miracle意思表达很awkward;would find语气不好。
B) despite
不能表达复杂的意思和结构。
C) best.
用虚拟their grandparentswould have found household appliances miraculous, 大意:(在过去)他们的祖父母会发现这些家用器具是奇迹。因为是虚拟, 故这种情况是不存在的, 说明household appliances对于theirgrandparents是新产物/本身就是个新事物, 不是个出现在过去的事物。
D) could
C中的can都表一种可能性, 感觉这时although(尽管), 从意思表达上不如even if(即使); wouldfind表将来的一种语气, 这样会让人觉得householdappliances是个还未问世的新产品, 意思与原意不符。
E) 1)household appliances
a miracle单复数不对应, 意思awkward; 2)can afford本来是固定用法, be able to --- abilityafford --- ability, 二者都是种能力, it isredundant to use both; 3) which不好,Gmatwhich通常修饰非限制性定从(前有逗号),或者前有个介词。

345.If the reporter would have known the landlord’s side of thestory, she would not have written an article so favorable to the81-year-old tenant.
(A) would haveknown the landlord’s side of the story, she would not have written
(B) would of knownthe landlord’s side of the story, she would not of written
(C)had known the landlord’s side of the story, she would not have written
(D) had known thelandlord’s side of the story, she would not have wroteC
(E) knew thelandlord’s side of the story, she would not have written
表示虚拟时,ifwillwould have known搭配错
Eif…knewwould not have搭配错
在If 引导的非真实条件句中,if Sb did/were sth表示对现在或将来的虚拟,这时主句用would dosth/would be doing sth来表示现在或将来难以实现的愿望或假设;if Sb haddone/been sth表示对过去的虚拟,这时主句用could/might/should/wouldhave done/been sth来表示过去未能实现的愿望或假设。如果省去条件句中的if,则引起该条件句的倒装。

556.One of Arthur Jessop’s first acts as president of the FHA was todeny a request fromthe private sector that federal home loanprograms should be expanded to cover houses not conforming to civilconstruction codes.
(A) should beexpanded to cover houses not conforming to
(B)be expanded to cover houses not conforming to
(C) should beexpand to cover houses not conforming with
(D) would havebeen expanded to cover houses not conforming toB
(E) had to beexpanded to cover houses not conforming with
a request that…

559.One of Ronald Reagan’s first acts as President was to rescindPresident Carter’s directive that any chemical banned on medicalgrounds in the United Statesbe prohibited from sale to other countries
.(A) that anychemical banned on medical grounds in the United States
be prohibited from saleto other countries(B) that anychemical be prohibited from sale to other countries that was banned onmedical grounds in the United  States
(C)prohibiting the sale to other countries of any chemical banned on medicalgrounds in the United States
(D) prohibiting thatany chemical banned on medical grounds in the United States
is sold to othercountries prohibit+that,错C(E) that anychemical banned in the United  States
on medical grounds is prohibitedfrom being sold to other countriesdirective 指令,命令 用法相当于law,用现在分词修饰其内容

598.Recent essays by Garrison Keillor, the humorist and host of thepublic radio show A Prairie HomeCompanion, describes what might happen if Huns, Goths, and Visigothswere to invade Chicago
.(A) describeswhat mighthappen if Huns, Goths, and Visigoths were to invade
(B) describeswhat would happen if Huns, Goths, and Visigoths invaded
(C) describeswhat would happen if Huns, Goths, and Visigoths would have invaded
(D)describe what might happen if Huns, Goths, and Visigoths were to invade虚拟语气(D
(E) describe what happenif Huns, Goths, and Visigoths invade

636.Several senior officials spoke to the press on condition thatthey not be named in the story.
(A)that they not be named
(B) that theirnames willnot be used
(C) that theirnames arenot used
(D) of not beingnamedA
(E) they willnot be named
on the conditionthat..一般用虚拟,省略should用动词原形。
如果不用虚拟,也要用与句子时态相对应的时态

648.Since chromosome damage may be caused by viral infections, medicalx-rays, and exposure to sunlight, it is important that the chromosomes of apopulation to be tested for chemically induced damage be compared withthose of a control population.
(A)to be tested for chemically induced damage be compared with
(B) being testedfor damage induced chemically are compared with
(C) being testedfor chemically induced damage should be compared to
(D) being testedfor chemically induced damage are to be compared toA
(E) that is to betested for chemically induced damage are to be comparable with
表示有可能实现的意愿的虚拟结构中,动词常用现在虚拟式:
(1)It is + adj + that +Sb + do/be + Sth
该结构中的主语从句表示说话人的意愿或主观态度,结构中的形容词用来表现说者的意愿趋向, 从句中的动词应用现在虚拟式。可用于该结构中的形容词包括 advisable, appropriate, crucial, desirable, essential, fitting,imperative(必要的), important, impossible, natural,necessary, obligatory(必须), preferable(更好的), proper, sad, strange, surprising, vital(至关重要的)等。如:
It is necessary that the car be checked thoroughly.
It was important that she have confidence in herself.

789.The new regulations mandate that a company allows their retiringemployees who would otherwise lose group health care coverage to continue thesame insurance at their own expense for a specified period.
(A) that a companyallows their retiring employees who would otherwise lose group health carecoverage to continue
(B) companies toallow their retiring employees who would otherwise lose group health carecoverage that they can continue
(C)that a company allow its retiring employees who would otherwise lose grouphealth care coverage to continue
(D) companiesallowing a retiring employee whose group health care coverage would otherwisebe lost the continuation ofC
(E) companies toallow a retiring employee whose group health care coverage would otherwise belost he continuation of

826.The school board ruling mandating that physically handicappedstudents be placed in regular classroom settings whenever possible alsoassured all children who have a reading problem of special aid.
(A) be placed inregular classroom settings whenever possible also assured all children who havea reading problem
(B) should beplaced in regular classroom settings whenever possible also assures allchildren that have a reading problem
(C) are placed in regularclassroom settings whenever possible also assures those children who are havingreading problems
(D)be placed in regular classroom settings whenever possible also assured childrenwith reading problemsD
(E) should beplaced in regular classroom settings whenever possible also has assured allthose children with a reading problem

857.There is speculation that increasing cold weather was whatmay have been responsible for the Anasazi move from Mesa Verde to sites inother canyons.
(A) that increasingcold weather was what may have been
(B) whether increasingcold weather was what was
(C) thatincreasingly cold weather was what had been
(D) whetherincreasingly cold weather may have been what wasE
(E)that increasingly cold weather may have been
AB increasing修饰weather不合理
B,Dthat
Awas what may have been罗嗦
原句的情态动词may不能去掉
有疑问:E是虚拟语气吗?

893.Unlike Gertrude Stein, Ezra Pound, and other expatriates, WilliamCarlos Williams insisted that poets honor their ownregions and employ specifically American rhythms.
(A)Unlike Gertrude Stein, Ezra Pound, and other expatriates, William CarlosWilliams insisted
(B) AlthoughGertrude Stein, Ezra Pound, and other expatriates did not, William CarlosWilliams’ insistence was
(C) Contrary toGertrude Stein, Ezra Pound, and other expatriates, it was William CarlosWilliams who insisted
(D) As opposed towhat Gertrude Stein, Ezra Pound, and other expatriates did, William CarlosWilliams was to insistA
(E) While GertrudeStein, Ezra Pound, and other expatriates did not, William Carlos Williams wasinsistent

971.Many economists predict that the next recession, when it comes, willbe caused by Federal Reserve action taken to prevent an inflationary upsurgethat would result if the economy were to expand at an annual rate of three percentor more.
(A)taken to prevent an inflationary upsurge that would result虚拟语气,对将来的假设
(B) they took forpreventing an inflationary upsurge that would result
(C) taken toprevent an inflationary upsurge resulting
(D) they took toprevent an inflationary upsurge resultingA
(E) taken forpreventing an inflationary upsurge that will result

977.Some archaeologists claim that the tablets found at Ebla
could force a revision of currenttheories on the origins of Judaism and Christianity, alter many scripturalinterpretations, make all current Bible translations obsolete, and scholarsmay be required to credit the Old Testament with greater historical accuracy.(A) scholars maybe required to credit the Old Testament with greater historical accuracy
(B) crediting theOld Testament with greater historical accuracy may be required of scholars
(C) require thatscholars areto credit the Old Testament with greater historical accuracy
(D) crediting theOld Testament with greater historical accuracy may be a scholarly requirementE
(E)require scholars to credit the Old Testament with greater historical accuracy
地板
发表于 2010-9-2 06:53:26 | 只看该作者
857.There is speculation that increasing cold weather was whatmay have been responsible for the Anasazi move from Mesa Verde to sites inother canyons.
(A) that increasingcold weather was what may have been
(B) whether increasingcold weather was what was
(C) thatincreasingly cold weather was what had been
(D) whetherincreasingly cold weather may have been what was(E)
(E)that increasingly cold weather may have been
A,B increasing修饰weather不合理
B,D少that
A中was what may have been罗嗦
原句的情态动词may不能去掉
有疑问:E是虚拟语气吗?

E不是虚拟语气。may表示推测,have been表示过去。当然,这个形式也是可以表示虚拟。
要注意不是形式决定了虚拟,而是虚拟决定了形式。
这么好的贴刚刚发现,真对不住…
5#
发表于 2010-9-3 13:48:51 | 只看该作者
刚好做到if引导的从句,就看见这么好的贴。赞一个!
6#
发表于 2010-10-9 05:05:22 | 只看该作者
今天又看了关于if引导的条件状从,对这题有了新的看法:

大全——304.For many people, household labor remains demanding even if ableto afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle.
(A) even if ableto afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle
(B) despite beingable to afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle
(C)even if they can afford household appliances their grandparents would havefound miraculous对许多人来说,家务活始终是费神的,即使他们能买得起(他们的祖父母会觉得神奇的)家电。
(D) although theycould afford household appliances their grandparents would find miraculous(C)
(E) even if theyare able to afford household appliances which would have been a miracle totheir grandparents

正确选项C貌似是if引导的真实条件句和一个虚拟句的结合
1. if真实条件句: household labor remains demanding even if they can afford household appliances 这里if引导的是真实条件句,不需要虚拟, can afford 和remains demanding 的时态一致,都为现在时;
2. 虚拟句:household appliances (that) their grandparents would have found miraculous这里其实是一个省掉了that的定语从句, 由于过去没有household appliances,那么现在的household appliances就跟过去相反,主句应该用would have done,即选项C里的would have found ( household appliances ) miraculous
7#
发表于 2010-10-14 22:29:22 | 只看该作者
牛牛~留爪~学习了~~~谢谢lz
8#
发表于 2011-5-23 22:35:41 | 只看该作者
这也太难了,脑袋疼
9#
发表于 2015-6-8 09:55:01 | 只看该作者
学习了,谢谢!
10#
发表于 2015-8-12 14:07:45 | 只看该作者
炒鸡好。赞
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 00:03
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部