返回列表 发新帖
楼主: inseadsh
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Current INSEAD students taking questions

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2007-9-6 16:16:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用woritege2007-9-6 11:02:00的发言:

Hi, my dream is to be an entrepreneur. My short-term post-MBA goal is to start up my software enterprise in 5 years and my long-term goal is to make my company outstanding in the global IT field in terms of creativity and innovation. Is it ok? or Any suggestion?

Thanks ah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i think short term means what you want right after MBA

12#
发表于 2007-9-7 00:00:00 | 只看该作者

Hello there. I'm one of the 08J students, and I can also help if needed.

My background: sience major, MS degree, switched to internet industry right after graduation. 2 yrs of science research exp and nearly 2 yrs of internet industry exp. Currently in Fontainebleau.

13#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-9-7 00:41:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用simbasl在2007-9-6 10:42:00的发言:
Hey, inseadsh, just curious: what differentiate ML from GS and MS?

According to what they say, the key differentiating points for ML vs. GS and MS are:

1) ML can be your long term ambitions.

2) ML really has the initiatives of helping people achieve work-life balance, which I dont really understand how they can make it.

Hope it helps

14#
发表于 2007-9-7 00:49:00 | 只看该作者

Folks,  I'm also one of the 2008July class member in Fontainbleau now... All kinds of questions are warmly welcomed.

Background: Working as strategy consultant for serveral years and also have some entrepreneurial experience before that.

As some of you might know, there'll be the MBA world tour Sept 13 in Shanghai, and Sept. 11 in Beijing.  INSEAD will participate this event and you can find a good chance to talk to alumni in person there.  

Also, I think we can help introduce you to some alumni / future students in Shanghai or Beijing if you are really interested in INSEAD.  :-)

15#
发表于 2007-9-7 01:17:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用stringscn在2007-9-7 0:49:00的发言:

Folks,  I'm also one of the 2008July class member in Fontainbleau now... All kinds of questions are warmly welcomed.

Background: Working as strategy consultant for serveral years and also have some entrepreneurial experience before that.

As some of you might know, there'll be the MBA world tour Sept 13 in Shanghai, and Sept. 11 in Beijing.  INSEAD will participate this event and you can find a good chance to talk to alumni in person there.  

Also, I think we can help introduce you to some alumni / future students in Shanghai or Beijing if you are really interested in INSEAD.  :-)

stringscn

Thanks for your warm heart.

Do you think it is critical to attend such fair?(World tour)  We really run a tight schedule, the time of one night matters here.

If attending cuch evernt, any suggestions to exploit the event fully.

Thank you !!!

16#
发表于 2007-9-7 01:24:00 | 只看该作者

Inseadsh:

Do you think it is critical to master french to be able to communicate freely in Insead France?

Also, language adantage(at least basic knowledge in french) could help in application?

For me, I know nothing about Frence. A big disadvantage?both in application and adaptation?

17#
发表于 2007-9-8 00:00:00 | 只看该作者

hi I am also in Fontainleau now. I will answer the question on language requirement.

Inseadsh:

Do you think it is critical to master french to be able to communicate freely in Insead France?

Also, language adantage(at least basic knowledge in french) could help in application?

For me, I know nothing about Frence. A big disadvantage?both in application and adaptation?

It definitely will be a advantage for you in your daily life as you now live in France and many people you will encounter in day to day life do not speak French.  But having no knowledge about French will not put you at a disadvantageiou position in your application. i myself listed spanish as my second-foreign language in application and i am in Fonty now. So don't let the language thing bother you. However it is important for you to grasp another language besides chinese and english to meet the exit language requirement. its better that you start prepation for the language exit exam once you get admitted by INSEAD.  we can talk more on that language policy at later stage.

18#
发表于 2007-9-8 01:08:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用西单蝈蝈在2007-9-8的发言:

hi I am also in Fontainleau now. I will answer the question on language requirement.

Inseadsh:

It definitely will be a advantage for you in your daily life as you now live in France and many people you will encounter in day to day life do not speak French.  But having no knowledge about French will not put you at a disadvantageiou position in your application. i myself listed spanish as my second-foreign language in application and i am in Fonty now. So don't let the language thing bother you. However it is important for you to grasp another language besides chinese and english to meet the exit language requirement. its better that you start prepation for the language exit exam once you get admitted by INSEAD.  we can talk more on that language policy at later stage.

Thanks a lot!

Got it!

It seems like I really need prepare for Frence after I am admitted into the program in the future.

It is a headache as I did not learn french before.

Could you share with us some of your studies and life there, it will be better if you could post some pic on campus to let us know more abou it.

Cheers!!

19#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-9-8 06:29:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用redwavezheng在2007-9-7 1:24:00的发言:

Inseadsh:

Well, to be honest with you. I dont think mastering a third language such as French will equip you with any application advantage except that your life will be relatively easier here in France. In big cities like Paris, you can always find people who speak English and are very willing to give you a hand when you need help. 

To your question about adaptation, my point is to succeed in business world as a Chinese, it is a must for you to be able to embrace different culture and build up an international mind-set. I really do not think you will have a problem on that if you get accepted by INSEAD.

As for the photos, I took some but still not enough. Please wait for a while at this moment. Thanks for your patience.

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-9-8 6:31:41编辑过]
20#
发表于 2007-9-8 07:08:00 | 只看该作者
I am a PhD at INSEAD. If you guys have any question regarding the faculty, teaching quality, or anything else academic, please feel free to shoot your questions. I will try my best to address them.

a short note on faculty caliber:
INSEAD has the elitest group of professors. Most have taught in Wharton, Harvard, Stanford,etc., before joining INSEAD. Almost all of them have been engaged in cutting-edge research that are VERY well-regarded around the world.  If you are interested in learning more about your future professors, please check out http://www.insead.edu/facultyresearch/faculty/academic_areas.cfm . A great many of them are the BIGGEST NAMEs in academia.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-2 12:23
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部