搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: inseadsh
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Current INSEAD students taking questions

[精华] [复制链接]
81#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-9-28 22:25:00 | 只看该作者

The mock interview i mentioned previously was organized by Career Service. All the interviewers they invited are INSEAD alumni and now working in top banks as senior managers.

Tonight Blackstone is coming to school to make a presentation. I am wondering what they are gonna say.

82#
发表于 2007-9-29 15:29:00 | 只看该作者
inseadsh, how's the swollen eyes these days?
my personal solution is eyedrop + black coffee + iced steel spoon

hope it works

83#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-9-29 17:37:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks man. It's getting better. Now i look like a human being.

It was the 1st time Blackstone came to INSEAD for campus recruitment. To be honest, I still dont fully understand why such a boutique P/E firm bothered to spend time and money on campus recruitment, in which they will probably only look for 2-3 people (maximum)? My analysis is as follows:

(1) Like everybody knows, P/E firm pays the best yet the life style is better than IB, so maybe they decided to spend a weekend in Fontainebleau,take a deep breath in the traditional French town and have fun.

(2) They want to creat a big influence on the current students. Probably they will interview some of the students but I guess nearly all of the students they intervie will be turned down eventually. But the bright side is that they will record the students' personal information in their database and contact them again 2 years later, when they think the student is mature and strong enough, after other top IBs' training.

I remember one Indian student asked a question to the senior MD: We know blackstone is quite strong at M&A. Do you only consider people with salient M&A background or you open your doors to career switchers as well?

The MD quickly answered: Oh, we defintely welcome people with different backgrounds to apply. The fact is we do have career switchers, who are previously lawyers, engineers, industry professionals.

I doubt what he said.

84#
发表于 2007-9-29 21:44:00 | 只看该作者

One question for INSEADSH: is medical insurance mandatory for students? I find the premium is very high, around 1K euros one year.

85#
发表于 2007-9-30 13:44:00 | 只看该作者
inseadsh,

let me try to explain this whole recruitment process to you.

the reason that blackstone is on campus is probably because our alumnus that is working there helped to push for blackstone to recruit from insead.  so all this is through the effort of our alumnus and career services.

insead cannot control and state how many people blackstone should hire.  there's never such a guarantee.

i'm actually quite proud and appreciative of the fact that blackstone is willing to come to insead campus in the first place.  if you do not know otherwise, there are not a lot of PE firms that come to recruit on campus.  for that matter, PE and VC are very niche industries where the turnover is LOW due to the nice lifestyle and huge payoff.  so to say that they are willing to recruit 2-3 people is already quite a lot of people.

at the end of the day, if you are impressive, they will recruit, regardless of what they say.

86#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-9-30 16:52:00 | 只看该作者

Bolei, fully agree. I think Sandra in career service is a very cool lady and has strong persuasion power to finance employers, so are a lot of alumni.

Sinocheetah, you can buy insurance in China, but you have to make sure the insurance you buy there can be accepted by French government. They require a 360 degree protection so you will be 100% safe when you study in France. They insurance i bought here cost me almost 10K euros.

87#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-10-4 21:11:00 | 只看该作者

Time is really fleeting that we have only 2 weeks left before the end of P1. Today, the dean, Mr.Fatas had a presentation about how INSEAD grades students. One thing good about INSEAD is that the grades are not allowed to be released to employers before you get an offer. The policy started to be effective in 2004 and is still working very well because students spent more time on collaborating instead of competing with each other. Also, without a high pressure on GPA, students are more willing to explore other aspects about MBA in INSEAD such as clubbing and national weeks so they can better embrace the beauty of different cultures. I will be traveling to Barcelona with a bunch of students during the P1 break and it's good to have something that you can hold up to.

88#
发表于 2007-10-4 22:44:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用inseadsh在2007-10-4 21:11:00的发言:

Time is really fleeting that we have only 2 weeks left before the end of P1. Today, the dean, Mr.Fatas had a presentation about how INSEAD grades students. One thing good about INSEAD is that the grades are not allowed to be released to employers before you get an offer. The policy started to be effective in 2004 and is still working very well because students spent more time on collaborating instead of competing with each other. Also, without a high pressure on GPA, students are more willing to explore other aspects about MBA in INSEAD such as clubbing and national weeks so they can better embrace the beauty of different cultures. I will be traveling to Barcelona with a bunch of students during the P1 break and it's good to have something that you can hold up to.

How about exams? Difficult?

Have a nice trip.

89#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-10-7 18:58:00 | 只看该作者

I havent taken the exams yet, but the quiz I had for economics was not that difficult at all. I guess the last thing INSEAD would do is to intimidate students with the grades.

It was nuit blanche (sleepless night) for Paris last night. We drove there and got caught in the middle of thousands of french people who were sitting in the muinicipal government square to watch the rugby game together. They won the game and the entire city went crazy. We later went to the Pompidou art centre (not sure I made the spelling right) because all the meseums last night were free of charge. We walked around and felt completely lost. The what-they-called modern art is certainly something not easy to appreciate.

Check the photos out!

[attachimg]61297[/attachimg]
[attachimg]61298[/attachimg]

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-10-7 19:16:17编辑过]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
90#
发表于 2007-10-7 21:07:00 | 只看该作者

请问被insead录取后是不是也有background check啊?如果是,需要交多少钱啊?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-17 13:31
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部