返回列表 发新帖
楼主: mobileone
打印 上一主题 下一主题

关于低龄和高龄MBA的一点拙见

[精华] [复制链接]
41#
发表于 2007-2-2 22:40:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用abc_on_line在2007-2-2 9:32:00的发言:

I selected my schools with more considerations of location rather than rankings.  My focus is the New England Area for personal reasons.  I don't wanna go to Mid-West or Weast Coast.  So, I only tried on M3.  So far, none of them has give me the interview invitation.  I'm all in the Jan round with Magic.

I didn't compare my background with other applicants' when I decided which school to apply.   

I applied almost 10 schools.  I agree, it's a waste of money.  Well, time is worthwhile coz I found the essays I prepared for Jan round are much better than those for Dec round.  

So you are in New England Area too? wish we can meet sometime this summer. You mentioned that you applied about 10 schools. Let me guess they are: HBS, MIT, Yale, Cornell( too far away from big city), Tuck, Columbia, NYU. What the rest 3?

42#
发表于 2007-2-2 22:44:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用sjseido在2007-2-2 4:07:00的发言:

May I know what is M7?

Marketing seven?

Magic 7: HBS, Stanford, Wharton, MIT, Kellogg, Chicago and Columbia .

Top three: H/S/W (HBS likes you to have strong family background, Stanford likes young applicants, Wharton likes Chinese)

MIT for applicatns with technology background.

Chicago and Columbia are very good at Finance. (personally think Chicago is better if you want to learn the best finance)

Kellogg is famous for its marketing. Most students go to MC industry. Emphasizing the teamwork.

43#
发表于 2007-2-2 23:12:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用boston2007在2007-2-2 22:40:00的发言:

So you are in New England Area too? wish we can meet sometime this summer. You mentioned that you applied about 10 schools. Let me guess they are: HBS, MIT, Yale, Cornell( too far away from big city), Tuck, Columbia, NYU. What the rest 3?

To be more precise, New England and the neighbouring areas.  Take Sloan and Yale out.  I began to prepare for applications for 9 schools end of Dec to meet the deadlines in early Jan.  You can imagine how tight the schulde was.  I had to give up Sloan and Yale as I couldn't meet the deadlines.

I tried HBS, Cornell, Wharton, Columbia, Stern, Tuck (will be dinged soon), Ross (the only one in middle west, farthest one, 11 hours' ride to Boston;interview done, await further notification), Simon (got admission), Smith (to interview), Tepper (to interview), Darden (interview done, await further notification, the most southern one in terms of location, 9 hours' ride to Boston) and BC (the last one, I did want to give up, but my friend told me I should hold on to try coz it's in Boston). 

More than 10.  It's a waste of money.  

I don't like to live in big cities though I've been living in big monster cities since I got my first job.

44#
发表于 2007-2-2 23:25:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用abc_on_line在2007-2-2 23:12:00的发言:

To be more precise, New England and the neighbouring areas.  Take Sloan and Yale out.  I began to prepare for applications for 9 schools end of Dec to meet the deadlines in early Jan.  You can imagine how tight the schulde was.  I had to give up Sloan and Yale as I couldn't meet the deadlines.

I tried HBS, Cornell, Wharton, Columbia, Stern, Tuck (will be dinged soon), Ross (the only one in middle west, farthest one, 11 hours' ride to Boston;interview done, await further notification), Simon (got admission), Smith (to interview), Tepper (to interview), Darden (interview done, await further notification, the most southern one in terms of location, 9 hours' ride to Boston) and BC (the last one, I did want to give up, but my friend told me I should hold on to try coz it's in Boston). 

More than 10.  It's a waste of money.  

I don't like to live in big cities though I've been living in big monster cities since I got my first job.

That's really an interesting group. On the contrary, I seleceted my schools based on ranking, paying no attention to the location.  I have spent seven years in Philly and Boston and have no problem to stay in Boston forever. (though the house price is really killing me.). So I picked up: M7, Cornell, Tuck, Yale, NYU, Michigan, Duke.  I didn't consider other top-10 schools at west coast.  I finished eight schools in first round (include the ED for Columbia) from Oct. 7 to Nov 9 (Cornell as second round).  At my age, this year is my first time and last time to apply for business schools. 

45#
发表于 2007-2-2 23:33:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用boston2007在2007-2-2 23:25:00的发言:

That's really an interesting group. On the contrary, I seleceted my schools based on ranking, paying no attention to the location.  I have spent seven years in Philly and Boston and have no problem to stay in Boston forever. (though the house price is really killing me.). So I picked up: M7, Cornell, Tuck, Yale, NYU, Michigan, Duke.  I didn't consider other top-10 schools at west coast.  I finished eight schools in first round (include the ED for Columbia) from Oct. 7 to Nov 9 (Cornell as second round).  At my age, this year is my first time and last time to apply for business schools. 

It's also my first and last time to do with business schools. 

Which school are you going to go?

By the way, I'm currently in Beijing.  But Boson is my dream city for some reasons.

A curious question, are you past 35?

46#
发表于 2007-2-2 23:58:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用abc_on_line在2007-2-2 23:33:00的发言:

It's also my first and last time to do with business schools. 

Which school are you going to go?

By the way, I'm currently in Beijing.  But Boson is my dream city for some reasons.

A curious question, are you past 35?

I didn't decide yet. But will stay in Boston till Sep. 2007 .

No, I am >30 <35 .

The only thing for you to keep in mind is that it's expensive to live in Boston.  Let me know if you come to Boston.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 18:02
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部