1. ChaseDream 2023 MBA 申请/校友答疑/面试群:
2.英国,新加坡,美国,法国,加拿大,香港,德国商科申请群:
3. 行业分享交流/职业规划群:
小红书:
1.留学+考试 最新消息 关注妥妥妥了 (小红书号:323014154)
2.求职+MBA 最新消息 关注元(小红书号:895404330)
朋友们!揽瓜阁语法小分队上线啦~每日材料我们仍旧会发布在ChaseDream GMAT 语法版块。
为了响应大家想拉群专门讨论2022揽瓜阁语法的要求,我们设立了小范围的打卡群(仅针对确定会打卡的同学),现作出揽瓜阁语法2022打卡群入群流程如下:
1.完成小分队任意三日的语法打卡任务(需回帖并截图),指路:https://forum.chasedream.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1390012
2.向小蓝鸡发送关键字:【揽瓜阁语法2022】并附上三次任务截图后耐心等待入群即可。
3. 本次小分队活动为纯公益性活动,为了督促大家学习,采取严格的打卡审查制度,连续三日不打卡的朋友会被无情清退。
⚠️重要提醒:如您还不是GMAT交流群群友,请先申请进入GMAT交流群后再申请进入揽瓜阁语法2022打卡群
最新鸡麦群入口:
手机微信打开或者电脑网页打开均可,记得一定要登录再填,无需跳转APP

Day122
1.(211)The first woman elected to Congress in the United States, many people regard Jeanette Rankin to be a role model because of her committing to peace, as shown by her legislative votes against joining both World Wars.

(A) many people regard Jeanette Rankin to be a role model because of her committing to peace

(B) many people view Jeanette Rankin to be a role model because of her commitment to peace

(C) Jeanette Rankin is considered as a role model by many people because of her commitment to peace

(D) many people see Jeanette Rankin as a role model because of her commitment to peace

(E) Jeanette Rankin is regarded by many people as a role model because of her commitment to peace

2.(212)Elderly patients, many who take expensive brand-name medications daily, could reduce their medical costs by switching to generic drugs and making lifestyle changes.

(A) many who
(B) many of them who
(C) and many of them who
(D) many of whom
(E) many of which

3.(213)Porcupines shooting their quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat, and it can be difficult to remove them because each one has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin.

A. Porcupines shooting their quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat, and it can be difficult to remove them because each one has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin

B. Porcupines shooting their quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat because they can be difficult to remove since each one has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin.

C. That a porcupine can shoot its quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat because each quill has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin.

D. Contrary to popular belief, porcupines do not actually shoot their quills, but the quills still pose a serious threat: each quill has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin, which makes removing the quills difficult.

E. Contrary to popular belief, porcupines do not actually shoot their quills, even though each quill has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin and that still pose a serious threat.

4.(214)The decline in students' performances on state-wide tests has been documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determine are the root cause of this decline, the reason for the lack of equality between school systems, and the degree to which teachers can be held accountable.

(A) has been documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determine are
(B) has been documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determine is
(C) have been documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determine are
(D) is documented by a number of researchers, but what has been more difficult to determine are
(E) are documented by a number of researchers, but that which is more difficult to determine is

5.(215)Despite the concerns of some parents and school administrators, state education officials have ordered the basic math and English comprehension of students in public schools to be tested and that the results be published.

(A) the basic math and English comprehension of students in public schools to be tested and that the results be

(B) that public school students should be tested for their basic math and English comprehension, with the results being

(C) the testing of students’ basic math and English comprehension in public schools and the results to be

(D) students’ basic math and English comprehension in public schools be tested, with their results

(E) that the basic math and English comprehension of students in public schools be tested and the results

6.(216)Consumption of bread products made from ergot-infected grains often trigger severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also cause a significant reduction in maternal bleeding after childbirth.

(A) bread products made from ergot-infected grains often trigger severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also cause a significant reduction in

(B) products made from ergot-infected grains often trigger severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also cause significantly reduced

(C) bread products made from ergot-infected grains often triggers severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also causes a significant reduction in

(D) bread made from ergot-infected grains often triggers severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also cause a significant reduction in

(E) bread products made from ergot-infected grains often trigger severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also causes a significantly reduced

7.(217)Many English adjectives, when included in questions, indicate a bias although their opposites do not; for example, questions beginning with "how close," a construction implying that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but those beginning with "how far" do not necessarily carry the implication of long distance.

A although their opposites do not; for example, questions beginning with "how close," a construction implying that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but those beginning with "how far" do not necessarily carry the implication of long distance

B unlike their opposites; for example, by beginning a question with "how close," speakers imply that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but they do not necessarily imply a long distance in beginning them with "how far."

C while their opposites do not; for instance, questions beginning with "how close" imply that whatever is being discussed is nearby, but those beginning with "how far" do not necessarily imply a long distance.

D that their opposites lack; in the case of speakers who begin questions with "how close," for instance, it is implied that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but for those who begin questions with "how far" there is no corresponding implication of long distance.

E that their opposites do not; for instance, when speakers begin questions with "how close," implying that whatever is being discussed is nearby, but when they begin questions with "how far" a long distance is not necessarily implied.

8.(218)If my mother did not attend the London School of Economics, she might not meet my father, and I might not have been here now.

(A) If my mother did not attend the London School of Economics, she might not meet my father, and I might not have been here now.

(B) If my mother did not attend the London School of Economics, she might not have meet my father, and I might not have been here now.

(C) If my mother had not attended the London School of Economics, she might not have met my father, and I might not be here now.

(D) If my mother had not attended the London School of Economics, she might not have met my father, and I might not have been here now.

(E) If my mother never attended the London School of Economics, she would not have met my father, and I will not be here now.

9.(219)In the wake of the scandal, the CEO ordered all company executives and even middle managers should provide detailed reports to the outside investigators.

(A) the CEO ordered all company executives and even middle managers should provide detailed reports to the outside investigators.

(B) the CEO ordered that all company executives and even middle managers should provide detailed reports to the outside investigators.

(C) the CEO ordered all company executives and even middle managers providing detailed reports to the outside investigators.

(D) the CEO ordered the provision of detailed reports to the outside investigators by all company executives and even middle managers.

(E) the CEO ordered that all company executives and even middle managers provide detailed reports to the outside investigators.

10.(220)A spokesman for the organization says that Curt Gowdy, who was 86, died from leukemia recently in Palm Beach, Florida.

A. A spokesman for the organization says that Curt Gowdy, who was 86,
B. Curt Gowdy, a spokesman for the organization, who was 86,
C. A spokesman for the organization, who was 86, says that Curt Gowdy
D. A spokesman for the organization had said Curt Gowdy, who was 86,
E. A spokesman for the organization says that Curt Gowdy, who was 86, had

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2023-2-23 12:31:18 | 只看该作者
同意!               
板凳
发表于 2023-2-23 15:32:27 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
地板
发表于 2023-2-23 17:46:05 | 只看该作者
Day122
1.(211)The first woman elected to Congress in the United States, many people regard Jeanette Rankin to be a role model because of her committing to peace, as shown by her legislative votes against joining both World Wars.

(A) many people regard Jeanette Rankin to be a role model because of her committing to peace

(B) many people view Jeanette Rankin to be a role model because of her commitment to peace

(C) Jeanette Rankin is considered as a role model by many people because of her commitment to peace

(D) many people see Jeanette Rankin as a role model because of her commitment to peace

(E) Jeanette Rankin is regarded by many people as a role model because of her commitment to peace
E  首先是第一句要尽可能地接近主语,所以排除掉ABD,然后consider AB 所以排除掉C
2.(212)Elderly patients, many who take expensive brand-name medications daily, could reduce their medical costs by switching to generic drugs and making lifestyle changes.

(A) many who
(B) many of them who
(C) and many of them who
(D) many of whom
(E) many of which
B 首先可以排除ADE,然后这里感觉不需要and  这道题需要看一下解析
D  判断用who 或者whom的方法是把they them代入看看 如果them已经指代了,就不需要一个额外的who

3.(213)Porcupines shooting their quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat, and it can be difficult to remove them because each one has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin.

A. Porcupines shooting their quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat, and it can be difficult to remove them because each one has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin

B. Porcupines shooting their quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat because they can be difficult to remove since each one has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin.

C. That a porcupine can shoot its quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat because each quill has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin.

D. Contrary to popular belief, porcupines do not actually shoot their quills, but the quills still pose a serious threat: each quill has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin, which makes removing the quills difficult.

E. Contrary to popular belief, porcupines do not actually shoot their quills, even though each quill has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin and that still pose a serious threat.
B   首先是单复数,排除掉A,C的that指代不明,DE的contrary to 是对比,要保证一定的平行
C 这类型的题目需要额外注意,AB错在变成说porcupines是misconception,这是最大的错误
4.(214)The decline in students' performances on state-wide tests has been documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determine are the root cause of this decline, the reason for the lack of equality between school systems, and the degree to which teachers can be held accountable.

(A) has been documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determine are
(B) has been documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determine is
(C) have been documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determine are
(D) is documented by a number of researchers, but what has been more difficult to determine are
(E) are documented by a number of researchers, but that which is more difficult to determine is
B 前后都是单复数的考察点,后面的话应该是倒装,the root cause of this decline is more difficult to determine  what 指代的是the root cause of this decline,所以是单数

5.(215)Despite the concerns of some parents and school administrators, state education officials have ordered the basic math and English comprehension of students in public schools to be tested and that the results be published.

(A) the basic math and English comprehension of students in public schools to be tested and that the results be

(B) that public school students should be tested for their basic math and English comprehension, with the results being order that后面不用加should

(C) the testing of students’ basic math and English comprehension in public schools and the results to be

(D) students’ basic math and English comprehension in public schools be tested, with their results

(E) that the basic math and English comprehension of students in public schools be tested and the results
B  order表示命令要求要跟着that
E
6.(216)Consumption of bread products made from ergot-infected grains often trigger severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also cause a significant reduction in maternal bleeding after childbirth.

(A) bread products made from ergot-infected grains often trigger severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also cause a significant reduction in
(B) products made from ergot-infected grains often trigger severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also cause significantly reduced
(C) bread products made from ergot-infected grains often triggers severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also causes a significant reduction in
(D) bread made from ergot-infected grains often triggers severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also cause a significant reduction in
(E) bread products made from ergot-infected grains often trigger severely debilitating symptoms such as muscle contractions, seizures and gangrene but, at a proper dose, also causes a significantly reduced
A  根据最后的cause a significant reduction in 可以排除到只剩下AD,但是我不确定products这里是用来干嘛的
C consumption 做主语,

7.(217)Many English adjectives, when included in questions, indicate a bias although their opposites do not; for example, questions beginning with "how close," a construction implying that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but those beginning with "how far" do not necessarily carry the implication of long distance.

A although their opposites do not; for example, questions beginning with "how close," a construction implying that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but those beginning with "how far" do not necessarily carry the implication of long distance 分号之后不完整

B unlike their opposites; for example, by beginning a question with "how close," speakers imply that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but they do not necessarily imply a long distance in beginning them with "how far."

C while their opposites do not; for instance, questions beginning with "how close" imply that whatever is being discussed is nearby, but those beginning with "how far" do not necessarily imply a long distance.

D that their opposites lack; in the case of speakers who begin questions with "how close," for instance, it is implied that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but for those who begin questions with "how far" there is no corresponding implication of long distance.

E that their opposites do not; for instance, when speakers begin questions with "how close," implying that whatever is being discussed is nearby, but when they begin questions with "how far" a long distance is not necessarily implied.
C 首先 如果是比较的话,unlike后面也要平行,that不能表示对比,A应该although也是不行的,这个我需要确认一下。
8.(218)If my mother did not attend the London School of Economics, she might not meet my father, and I might not have been here now.

(A) If my mother did not attend the London School of Economics, she might not meet my father, and I might not have been here now.

(B) If my mother did not attend the London School of Economics, she might not have meet my father, and I might not have been here now.

(C) If my mother had not attended the London School of Economics, she might not have met my father, and I might not be here now. now这里所以前面一定是要现在时,然后为了明确语序,最前面要完成时

(D) If my mother had not attended the London School of Economics, she might not have met my father, and I might not have been here now.

(E) If my mother never attended the London School of Economics, she would not have met my father, and I will not be here now.
C 这道题的语序我不是很理解

9.(219)In the wake of the scandal, the CEO ordered all company executives and even middle managers should provide detailed reports to the outside investigators.

(A) the CEO ordered all company executives and even middle managers should provide detailed reports to the outside investigators.

(B) the CEO ordered that all company executives and even middle managers should provide detailed reports to the outside investigators.

(C) the CEO ordered all company executives and even middle managers providing detailed reports to the outside investigators.

(D) the CEO ordered the provision of detailed reports to the outside investigators by all company executives and even middle managers.

(E) the CEO ordered that all company executives and even middle managers provide detailed reports to the outside investigators.
B order的用法看一下
E 还是should省略的问题
10.(220)A spokesman for the organization says that Curt Gowdy, who was 86, died from leukemia recently in Palm Beach, Florida.

A BC改变句意了,D的时态不对
5#
发表于 2023-2-24 09:28:52 | 只看该作者
1.(211)Thefirst woman elected to Congress in the United States, many people regard Jeanette Rankin to be a role model becauseof her committing to peace, as shown by herlegislative votes against joining both World Wars.

(A) many peopleregard Jeanette Rankin to be a role model because of her committing to peace

(B) many peopleview Jeanette Rankin to be a role model because of her commitment to peace

(C) Jeanette Rankin is considered as a role model by manypeople because of her commitment to peace

(D) many people seeJeanette Rankin as a role model because of her commitment to peace

(E) Jeanette Rankin is regarded by many people as a rolemodel because of her commitment to peace

E错选B
注意consider xx不加as

3.(213)Porcupines shooting their quills is a common misconception,but the quills still pose a serious threat, and it can be difficult to removethem because each one has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grapplinghooks after they pierce skin.

A. Porcupinesshooting their quills is a common misconception, but the quills still pose aserious threat, and it can be difficult to remove them because each one has upto 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin

B. Porcupines shooting their quills is a commonmisconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat because they can bedifficult to remove since each one has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that actas grappling hooks after they pierce skin.

C. That a porcupine can shoot its quills is a commonmisconception, but the quills still pose a serious threat because each quillhas up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks after theypierce skin.
AB错误是因为这个idea本身是misconception,而不是porcupines是误解。)

D. Contrary topopular belief, porcupines do not actually shoot their quills, but the quillsstill pose a serious threat: each quill has up to 800 backward-facing barbsthat act as grappling hooks after they pierce skin, which makes removing thequills difficult.

E. Contrary topopular belief, porcupines do not actually shoot their quills, even though eachquill has up to 800 backward-facing barbs that act as grappling hooks afterthey pierce skin and that still pose a serious threat.
C错选B
4.(214)The declinein students' performances on state-wide tests hasbeen documented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult todetermine are the root cause of this decline, the reasonfor the lack of equality between school systems, and the degree to whichteachers can be held accountable.

(A) has beendocumented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determineare
(B) has been documented by a number of researchers, but whatis more difficult to determine is
这里的后面的is跟的是what,不是后面的,所以要用is,而不是are
(C) have beendocumented by a number of researchers, but what is more difficult to determineare
(D) is documented by a number of researchers, but what hasbeen more difficult to determine are
(E) are documentedby a number of researchers, but that which is more difficult to determine is
B错选D
6#
发表于 2023-2-24 12:14:22 | 只看该作者
感谢分享!               
7#
发表于 2023-2-24 16:16:13 | 只看该作者
Day122

the first woman - initial modifier 马上就去找能够与之对应的主语 只有JR可以 many people不可以 排除ABD然后consider A B 或者 regard A as B - 固定搭配

(A) many who
(B) many of them who
(C) and many of them who
(D) many of whom
(E) many of which

定语从句修饰人

AB 句子主干是 P is a misconception, but quills pose threat 句意不合逻辑C 正确 shoot 这件事情是一个误会
DE ?本身不能contrary to belief

主语decline 马上排除CE
what is more difficult 应该用单数 排除ACD

(B) that public school students should be tested for their basic math and English comprehension, with the results being

A order sb to do 无法order comprehension to be tested 另外 and 前后不平行
B should 不对 students be tested, with results being published 句子原本的意思应该是平行 而不是伴随
C order the testing and results to be published 句意不对
D 同理 order comprehension be tested/?? with xxx
E 虽然 and the results 似乎少了点什么 但只有这个看起来不错。。。

主语 consumption 那么对应 triggers and causes 排除ABDE

A although their opposites do not; for example, questions beginning with "how close," a construction implying that whatever is under discussion is nearby, but those beginning with "how far" do not necessarily carry the implication of long distance

A but 之前分号之后是一个fragment
B unlike有修饰bias的歧义;另外后半句 speakers imply but they do not imply???
C 正确 while有对比的意思 同样but前后对比两种questions
D 前面在说形容词有bias 分号后却说in the case of speakers but for those /???
E 同B

(C) If my mother had not attended the London School of Economics, she might not have met my father, and I might not be here now.

虚拟语气

order that 主语 虚拟语气

A 正确
B 改变了句意 CG不是spokesman
C 86不是spokesman
D had said died???die之前咒别人???
E 时态不合理
8#
发表于 2023-2-25 02:37:41 | 只看该作者
1. E
2. D错选B 知道是同位语但还是不确定,感觉就是很奇怪
who/whom取决于先行词在从句中做主语还是宾语,这里是主语吧...
3. ?C
4. B错选A 三个抽象名词并列是单是复?
there be 句型的 be 动词单复数有就近原则,所以根据 root cause 来判断,应该是单数
5. E错选D 感觉E也不对,result published很明显只是一个词,应该不能和 that 从句平行,感觉少了一个 be
6. - C错选A 判断错了主语
7. - C
8. C错选D 虚拟语气
9. E
10. A
9#
发表于 2023-2-25 07:21:56 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
10#
发表于 2023-2-26 10:02:50 | 只看该作者
同意!               
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 19:52
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部