ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: steven
打印 上一主题 下一主题

申请斯坦福之前你必须知道的三件事 - Stanford GSB 校友分享会(在线3/30)

[复制链接]
11#
发表于 2017-3-16 21:37:52 | 只看该作者
E佛拉基米尔T 发表于 2017-3-16 21:28
你还需要吗?我把我的给你吧 我电脑登陆不进去

我花了半小时登上了 ,,电脑登不上 改手机了。。cisco 真心不好用
12#
发表于 2017-3-16 21:38:55 | 只看该作者
Sherrysunny 发表于 2017-3-16 21:17
为什么加入会议么有声音?

你有电话那个按键里面让视频呼入就可以了,,,我也有这问题。。或者问聊天里的管理员
13#
发表于 2017-3-16 22:37:45 | 只看该作者
是否有主讲师的邮箱分享?还有一些问题想探讨一下
14#
发表于 2017-3-16 22:41:50 | 只看该作者
因为加入会议耽误了一些时间+后续网络不好断断续续,我没有听得很完整,所以我如何可以重复收听呢?不知网络会议有没有录下来呀?
15#
发表于 2017-3-16 22:45:13 | 只看该作者
小兔子喵 发表于 2017-3-16 22:41
因为加入会议耽误了一些时间+后续网络不好断断续续,我没有听得很完整,所以我如何可以重复收听呢?不知网 ...

3月30日还有一场 应该是同样的
16#
发表于 2017-3-17 11:57:53 | 只看该作者
E佛拉基米尔T 发表于 2017-3-16 22:45
3月30日还有一场 应该是同样的

谢谢~
17#
发表于 2017-3-18 21:48:51 | 只看该作者
那天的PPT可以分享吗?
18#
发表于 2017-3-21 15:24:42 | 只看该作者

30号的内容是不一样的~~ 上篇讲的是 why Stanford is a great school;下篇会讲如何申请斯坦福。
可以在后文查看文字记录~
19#
发表于 2017-3-21 15:29:35 | 只看该作者
3 Reason Why Stanford Graduate School of Business is a great school
Guest: Michael

When I was applying to business school, I knew that I wanted a top MBA program. If I were to successfully make a career transition into internal consulting with a technology company, I needed access to the top employers who only recruited from the top MBA programs. As a result, Stanford was a priority for me for many reason.

In the paragraphs below, I’d like to share with why I chose Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB). Outside of the fact that it’s the most competitive business school at an acceptance rate of about 6% in 2016, I knew that if I had the good fortune to be selected, it would be very hard for me to turn them down.

Reason 1: Stanford is located in the heart of Silicon Valley

According to The Atlantic, of the $42 billion venture capital dollars deployed, 25% of originated in Silicon Valley. The top venture capital firms were concentrated in Sand Hill Road, CA which is 1 mile away from Stanford University. Prior to business school, I was an entrepreneur and I nurtured a dream to go back into entrepreneurship post GSB. Therefore, being close to the “money,” so to speak, was important to me. Outside venture capital resources, the share number of tech companies in Silicon Valley, compared to other top business school locations, was incomparable.

According to Silicon Valley News and The Economist, Silicon Valley is home to the 99 largest technology companies in the world with a valuation of over $1 billion. These firms make a cumulative market value of $3 trillion dollars and 6% of America’s Corporate profits. Employees of these firms command the highest average salaries at $145,000 and the best company perks such as free meals, laundry, and daycare for employees. For a current MBA graduate, I knew that I wanted to position myself to land one of these jobs after graduation. During my time at Stanford, I interned at Cisco Systems as a Product Manager and got a chance to experience the full benefits of working for a large tech company in Silicon Valley. It was quite an incredible experience. The presence of Stanford GSB in Silicon Valley also helps explain why many Stanford MBA graduates net north of $200,000 in annual salaries upon graduation.

Reason 2: Access to top-ranked other Stanford graduate programs

At the GBS, we refer to the Law, Engineering, Medical and Education graduate schools as “across-the-street” schools because they are literally located 10-15 minutes away. Each of these programs are top ranked because they employ professors who conduct the most cutting-edge research, have access to the best companies and government agencies, and graduate students who lead large public and private institutions, advice government world leaders, and create the most disruptive companies such as Google and Tesla.  

As a matter of fact, many startups have sprung up from collaborations between students across these programs. For example, AugMedix, is a healthcare company that was created and launched from the collaboration of medical and GSB students. There are countless companies started in this fashion. According to Forbes, Stanford’s 140,000 alumni have created or ran companies, which have yield $2.7 trillion dollars in market value.

As a result, GSB has created a curriculum that allows students to take up to one half of their academic credits “across the street.” I took courses of battery technology in the engineering school and legal compliance classes at the law school. I engaged in multiple cross-school research and projects that were some of the most exciting and exhilarating times of my MBA experience.

From my conversations with my friends from other MBA programs, such collaborations were such a luxury that they were not afforded. I’ve been especially grateful for the friends (students and professors alike) that I had a chance to make by taking courses in those schools.

Reason 3: Personal growth through empathy and reflection

Known as “Touchy Feely,” the Interpersonal Dynamics class is the most popular at the GSB. This class is unique in that it’s an MBA class that deals with feelings. Yes – feelings such as anger, love, hate, jealousy, happiness and sadness. Research from Harvard University has shown that “emotions constitute powerful, pervasive, and predictable drivers for decision making.” An example of the impact of our emotions is that 90% of purchase decisions are made subconsciously, much of which is driven by our emotions. This same theory of emotion-driven decision-making also applies in business. As a result, Stanford GSB designed its curriculum to develop emotionally authentic leaders who are aware of their emotional drivers, can recognize and respond to other people’s emotional states, and have acquired the vocabulary to communicate emotively.

I took Touchy Feely and it was by far the best course at GSB. We spent 10 weeks in “T-Groups” exploring and learning how to properly channel our emotional energy into productive collaborations and relationships. Many students cried and others reached a new levels of realizations they had never known before. For me, this class was transformational and I became a man who came in touch with my feelings, and for that, I grew into a more authentic leader.

Conclusion:

I can’t tell you why you should apply to Stanford GSB. But all I can tell you is that my life transformed and was elevated into a new upward trajectory as a result of getting my MBA. I am now a Global Strategist at Samsung Electronics in Seoul, South Korea – a job which I received because of my education at Stanford.

Getting my MBA was expensive; however, it was a worthwhile investment in my future.
20#
发表于 2017-3-23 15:30:52 | 只看该作者
liuchangle 发表于 2017-3-21 15:29
3 Reason Why Stanford Graduate School of Business is a great school
Guest: Michael

感谢~~~太棒了!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 00:22
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部