搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: 4rapid
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[备考日记] 厦门菜鸟备考实录[5月19日厦门大学]

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-14 23:04:00 | 显示全部楼层

it's a sunny day today. i really enjoy the feeling when i walk under the sunshine.

today i spend most of my time in enlarging my vocabulary cuz i fond that i've fogotten a lot of words in the privious lists. so, i have to review them. in all, i've  recited 12 list today, maybe i'll finish two more lists later.

the reading exercise is postponed as a result of my words reciting. but listening practise is still on the way. i accomplished exercise 2.2c and 2.2d in delta key. the outcome is 17/20, not too bad, i think. but my note-taking is still poor. i made several choice according to my background knowledge......-_-||

so i'll pay more attention to my note-taking from now on.

tomorrow is the  last day of my  first week for the toefl preparation, but my plan has not been finished yet. so, there is much more work which needs to be done.

fighting!

12#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-16 19:12:00 | 显示全部楼层

实在受不了啦~~最近英语读的头晕~~昨天奋战了N个小时,终于把第一周的任务完成了~今天计划只看单词,然后去英语角练习下口语~~呵呵,明天继续做DELTA跟OG~~

英语写作似乎遇到了点瓶颈,还是词汇的问题吧~~背单词是一定不能放松的啊~~加油!

13#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-20 10:17:00 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢山版的提醒~ 最近几天身体不太舒服,一般看完书就直接休息了,所以没有更新日记~~

现在的进度还是在计划只中的,词汇的第一遍马上就要结束了,阅读与听力也在按部就班地进行着,只是写作的口语的进度比较慢……看完词汇集中精力解决这些问题~~

IPOD也在上周修好啦,这对听力练习是个好消息,可以在教室完成一部分DELTA上的题目了~~

今天有点拉肚子,不过吃了药之后还要继续奋战啊~~

加油!

14#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-23 18:50:00 | 显示全部楼层

这几天都没有更新,因为真的没有什么新闻啦~~呵呵

所以计划应该说都在按部就班地进行,笑来的作文MP3一直在听着,准备过两天开始练笔.第一本词汇(老俞)第一遍已经结束了,当当上订的张红岩也已经到货,估计下周正式开始词汇的进阶复习.第一遍的效果还是不错的,用了杨鹏的方法发现效率不错.虽然这个记忆法对GRE单词来说恐怖了些,但处理T的单词绝对是很轻松的~~呵呵.个人感觉20天背下来,掌握率在80%+剩下的也很面熟了,估计随复习深入搞定它们应该不难的.

阅读跟听力继续DELTA.听力的笔记与理解有了一些的进步,题目就不说了,因为发现的确比较傻,一直可以保持18/20的样子.

不过最近几天有些偷懒~~还是要抓紧啊~~剩下两个月,加加油争取拿一个自己满意的成绩.

15#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-20 00:40:00 | 显示全部楼层

辜负大家的支持了……今天状态太差,直接CANCEL了。准备考研。T明年有空还要再考的,去美国读书是我的梦想。写了JJ留给大家。

厦大的考场环境蛮不错,老师很NICE,管的也不是太严。唯一缺点就是耳机隔音不好。大家注意了。今天我就是吃亏在这里。

再次感谢CD与大家的关心与支持。祝大家都取得理想的成绩

16#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-20 00:45:00 | 显示全部楼层

最后留两句话给大家,共勉。

第一句是Franklin Roosevelt的

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

第二句是Winston Churchill的,185中的一个题目

Never, never give up!

希望大家在梦想之路上勇往直前,无所畏惧。CHASE YOUR DREAM!

17#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-7 17:10:26 | 显示全部楼层
3 year has passed.  Everything has changed. I didn't take IBT TOEFL for the 2nd time, nor GRE. Going to the US and work there is still my dream, but i don't know when it will come true.
Fortunately, during the past 3 years, i'v passed CFA level 2 and FRM exam as well as qulified to be a master degree candidate, i hope these will help me to hunt a decent job in the next few months. However, i didn't make much progress in my english writing skill and it may become a hinder for my CFA level 3 exam because when taking the exam i have to offer some investment suggestions by writing essays.
So i come back again to chase dream and continue my english dairies. wish myself good luck~
18#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-14 20:24:47 | 显示全部楼层
what's my career target? That's a question which has bother me for a long time. When I was a under graduate student, my target is to be a investment banker, an expert in the field of IPO or M&A. However, after taking courses of quantitative finance, my preference has changed. Quantitative finance analyst is a promising occupation in the investment field. It's combined with the knowledge of finance, mathematics and computer technology, and base on valid quantitative models. A quantitative analyst should be an expert of statistic, economics and coding and his daily work is full of challenge and passion. As a financial engineering majored student, I am a follower of the quantitative financial method and model building. So to be a quantitative finance analyst is my ideal career path. In this field, some people are very respectful such as Merton, Black, Scholes, Derman, Willmot and of course they're my idols.
However, the road to a quantitative analyst is quite long and tough for me. A lot of thing are needed to be done before I become a qualified quantitative analyst. My most urgent work is to enhance my coding skills. Although familiar with MATLAB and R, I am a green hand in CPP and VBA which are the most popular programming language in this industry. As an interviewer told me, a big difference between the scholars and investment practitioners is that the professors just need to prove an investment strategy is effective by making some regressions or other statical tests under certain assumptions while the investment managers have to put the theories into real which means you must write some codes to realize the strategy by taking everything such as transaction cost, regulation and market liquidity in to account. It's not so easy an writing an essay. What's more, you have to make your strategy work. For a quantitative fund manager, the first principle is to make money. If your strategy doesn't work, it'a bullshit regardless how beautiful it's underlying theory is. So as I mentioned before, this job is full of challenge and passion as well as pressure. But I still wanna try because I believe that I can prove my personal value via this job. Although the road is tough, I choose to stick to it.
that's all for today
19#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-24 20:44:21 | 显示全部楼层
Today's topic is about the topic selection of my thesis. Unfortunately, my previous topic is rejected by my supervisor in the last seminar. It is a topic related to the field of asset pricing and EMH and called Mispricing return premium : evidence from Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Exchange. However, until the morning before last seminar, I didn't uncover a vital problem in the theoretical model of the thesis. In fact, the model is not initiated by myself. I quoted this model from my main reference paper "mispricing return premium" whose authors are Brennan and Wang.  In B&W's paper, they built a model which introduces a stochastic pricing error that is uncorrelated to the fundamental value of the security's payoff and proved that it will generate a premium in the unconditional expected return which is simply caused by the effect of Jensen's inequality and feasible for all equilibrium of factor pricing models. The problem is, the authors proposed a noise in log return and used a simple return form in there proof. This inconsistency of the return form is the main reason for the premium and if I set all return to be the log form, the premium will be wrapped out.
So now I have to pick another topic. The main field I'm interested in are market microstructure, derivative hedge ratios and option pricing. I hope I'm lucky enough to get a new topic soon. Good luck to me~
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-23 16:57
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部