ChaseDream
搜索
12下一页
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 7008|回复: 10

CEIBS vs CMU

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-4-1 14:45:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Got accepted to both. Want to eventually go back to China to work for PE/VC firm, ideally international firm. Any suggestions? Thanks
发表于 2011-4-1 15:01:11 | 显示全部楼层
我觉得如果是确定要回来,不如在国内读,毕竟这个交际网络晚点有不如早点有。
发表于 2011-4-1 16:40:40 | 显示全部楼层
同意LZ的,如果就MBA项目质量而言,CMU要高一些,单纯是为了学习管理或者进外企的话我觉得比中欧有优势。但是如果在国内做PE/VC的话非常需要人脉,CEIBS在这方面很有优势。CMU的话,一毕业大家就各奔东西,回国并且还在PE或者实业里面做的少之又少,所能利用的网络太有限了
发表于 2011-4-1 16:51:51 | 显示全部楼层
Chances are slim for both to break into PE/VC, unless you have previous work experience.

The typical path would be IB/Consulting/Corporate BD to PE/VC. Considering which one helpls you better to  land a job in the above areas would be more realistic.
 楼主| 发表于 2011-4-2 00:34:59 | 显示全部楼层
I have been working for IB/hedge fund for the past 3 years as an analyst and given the current market status in the US, I see little room for growth in term of career path. I feel that China provides some great opportunities in either pe/vc, consulting or ib, but could I possibly get the same opportunities if I studied in CMU as compare to CEIBS and go back to China? If things don't go as planned in China, doesn't CMU provide me with a protection to work in the US?

I am typing English because somehow my language package on my PC is not functioning, thanks everyone.
发表于 2011-4-2 01:25:51 | 显示全部楼层
I tend to choose CEIBS over any non top-15 MBAs in the US (especially for anyone who wants to return to mainland China).  CEIBS has a great location and great network in China.  You cannot find too many non top-15 MBAs in the US that can provide this network and opportunity.

CMU is unlikely to get you into IBK or VC/PE.  Your best exit is S&T, consulting, and corporate finance.
发表于 2011-4-6 03:42:07 | 显示全部楼层
建议楼主去看看这些公司招人的背景,国际性的VC/PE很少有M7之外的MBA就直接进去的(关系户除外),一般都是在IB/MC做个几年,升上去了再跳的。至于国内的一些VC/PE公司,感觉根本就不care MBA的。
VC/PE这个圈子实在是小之又小,说实在的,这两个学校在这个圈子里的人都不多,要凭这两个MBA招牌进去的话,运气成分还是蛮大的。
发表于 2011-4-6 04:22:01 | 显示全部楼层
I have been working for IB/hedge fund for the past 3 years as an analyst and given the current market status in the US, I see little room for growth in term of career path. I feel that China provides some great opportunities in either pe/vc, consulting or ib, but could I possibly get the same opportunities if I studied in CMU as compare to CEIBS and go back to China? If things don't go as planned in China, doesn't CMU provide me with a protection to work in the US?

I am typing English because somehow my language package on my PC is not functioning, thanks everyone.
-- by 会员 gauchohunter (2011/4/2 0:34:59)

Vote for CEIBS.
Given having the experience, both MBAs can more or less further help you break into PE/VC though still hard...
But in terms of career development in China, CEIBS is better for its networks really wide and powerful in China especially in Shanghai and Beijing.
CMU is a very small class with only less than 10 Chinese students with only a very few students who see China as their destination.
And CMU is totally not a finance school. Perhaps LZ's only choices among all schools in US are only Booth or Wharton (perhaps add CBS).
MBA is Brand, Brand, and Brand.
Everybody in China knows that CEIBS is the top MBA of China even in Asia, while seldom know CMU, nothing to say Tepper...
 楼主| 发表于 2011-4-6 08:30:30 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks Chris,

I tend to agree with you as I am leaning towards CEIBS right now. I am would be comfortable doing consulting or IB in China as well. PE/VC is just something that sounds invigorating in China.

So what opportunities does CEIBS provide in the consulting/IB field in China?  and how are the job opportunities for international students (I am US citizen)
发表于 2011-4-6 22:38:36 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks Chris,

I tend to agree with you as I am leaning towards CEIBS right now. I am would be comfortable doing consulting or IB in China as well. PE/VC is just something that sounds invigorating in China.

So what opportunities does CEIBS provide in the consulting/IB field in China?  and how are the job opportunities for international students (I am US citizen)
-- by 会员 gauchohunter (2011/4/6 8:30:30)

The giant companies come here for campus recruitment every year:
consulting: McKinsey, Bain, Boston, and IB: Morgan Stanley, Citigroup...
Perhaps you don't know much about China's current job markets in consulting/IB.
Your international background is absolutely not your weakness but your very distinctive strength they prefer much.
Why not log on the website?
http://www.ceibs.edu/mba/career/13782.shtml;
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 07:38
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部