查看: 15441|回复: 26
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[录取汇报] In @ MIT and HBS MBA + Interview Tips

[精华] [复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-3-8 23:34:40 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
MIT:
    Why MIT?Tell me a time when someone on the team did not meet your expectation and how did you go about it? Tell me one time when you are overwhelmed by a situation and how did you handle it? My interview was on the short side
about 25 minutes. I was really nervous since it was my first interview. I also asked three questions to the interviewer. Sent the thank you letter before hopping on the plane to Jamaica the next day. Spoke with plenty during the interview fest. Wasn't too sure how I did - I kept on telling people how short my interview was and did not know how to interpret that.
HBS MBA:
    Tell me about your work?What do you do? ( A few follow up questions on products and processes) Tell me about your team and your office?What do you suggest you boss continue doing, stop doing and start doing?Lots of questions on UG experience: Why?How was it and etc. What is your career vision?
My interview went really well. I was offered to ask questions at the end. I thought that was a positive indicator for sure. I cracked a few jokes ( appropriate ones of course) and felt that I did really well.
I prepared plenty for both interviews. Wrote down answers to possible questions. However, for the MIT one, I spent too much time trying to remember what I wrote down about certain questions during the interview and did not come out too naturally. I also took a day off before the HBS one.
Overall, make sure you know where you want to be and where you came from. Act authentic, professional and show a level of enthusiasm/energy.
Best luck to everyone else. I know I am blessed. Tough decision for me especially after joining the MIT open house. I am probably going to pick HBS.
收藏收藏1 收藏收藏1
推荐
发表于 2011-3-10 23:10:34 | 只看该作者
楼主这么牛的人还不好做这个简单决定哇?

不喜欢哪个,就去掉。

都喜欢,就抛硬币。
沙发
发表于 2011-3-8 23:41:18 | 只看该作者
Where are you located in now? China?
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-8 23:43:09 | 只看该作者
No I am in the States. Does my location matter in the school choice?
地板
发表于 2011-3-9 00:33:58 | 只看该作者
The section size of HBS is only 90 too, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

How much is the MIT LGO? How much less expensive compared to HBS?
At this point you don't have bad choice, I'd consider HBS's brand name and u're going to learn a lot on the industrial operation as well ... You can also concentrate urself in that domain during electives.
5#
发表于 2011-3-9 10:22:07 | 只看该作者
what a sweet dilemma

全看你毕业想干嘛咯,继续engineering就LGO, career switch就选HBS
6#
发表于 2011-3-9 10:38:21 | 只看该作者
I'm thinking that if you were to choose MIT LGO, probably you will end up go to industry and continuously focus on engineering. The opportunities for you to switch to finance or others are less. However for HBS, even after the exposure to all other areas you still prefer go back to industry, you still have a big chance.
7#
发表于 2011-3-9 12:14:40 | 只看该作者
恭喜lz。你能获得这两所学校的offer,基本上属于抱负非凡,自己想做的事情也考虑清楚了吧?

我从另一个角度提建议:
lz不妨考虑一下自己的本科学校。
如果是世界知名的大学,选择MIT也无不可。
不然,HBS可以给你更好的平台。无论你想做什么。
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-9 23:41:11 | 只看该作者
I was really torn between those two. And I just watched the "Inside Job" last night - really got me thinking. Why most corrupted figures were from HBS? What happened to principles and integrity? In front a giant pile of money, is greed the only feeling left? When you are surrounded with all the hard heads dominating the air, what can you do? You cannot alter any decisions or reason with them. All you can do is walk away and maybe warn a few people if they even listen to you.
9#
发表于 2011-3-10 07:58:01 | 只看该作者
不是每个人都有资格去做“corrupted figure”的,首先他得有career success。
而且,我认为道德操守与学校无关。
10#
发表于 2011-3-10 08:48:43 | 只看该作者
LZ, do you mind sharing your background with us? and your insights: what factors made you admitted by these two schools?

Thanks
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 18:56
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部