查看: 11327|回复: 14
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] MIT Sloan MS in Management Studies students taking questions

[精华] [复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-10-5 02:22:11 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hi all,
We are current Chinese students from MIT Sloan's MS in Management Studies (MSMS) program. It is a brand new program, only in its second year. It's different from traditional MBA programs, but it can be the best fit for you depending on your specific background and goals. We are ready to take any questions here, and our program administrators have kindly offered to help if there are questions that we can't answer.

Program Overview (from program website)
The new Master of Science in Management Studies (MSMS) program at MIT Sloan offers the opportunity for talented students from around the world to enhance their expertise in a chosen concentration within management studies. This rigorous program accepts top MBA or equivalent degree students from non-U.S. business schools to study a specific field in depth while working alongside world-renowned MIT Sloan faculty. The end result is a Master of Science degree from MIT Sloan in just two semesters.
Participants in this program will take classes and write a thesis in their chosen concentration subject. Participants enroll in regular MIT Sloan elective classes and can take classes in other MIT departments or at Harvard University. Upon graduation, participants will join the ranks of MIT alumni and be able to tap into its rich and resourceful international network.

Program Highlights
- It's shorter. It is only 9-month long and therefore can be very attractive for people who have already done a master's degree from a non-US business school or an MBA and feel reluctant to spend another two years in school.
- It's highly flexible. You can choose to take almost any Sloan MBA elective you want as well as almost any course offered by MIT and Harvard. You can make it whatever program you want.
- You have the opportunity to concentrate on a certain area by taking relevant courses and writing a thesis on that subject. It's completely up to you as to the concentration and the thesis subject.

Student Body

- Very diversified student body. This year the 20 MSMS students are of 14 nationalities.
-  Six Chinese Mandarin speakers, of which four have foreign passports and applied as international MBA students at Tsinghua (Sloan partner school), one applied from an Australian university (not a partner school of Sloan), and the other come directly from work (did a master degree from a non-partner school of Sloan in China years ago)
- Most people have work experience, while some don't

Placement

- Students have the same access to Career Services as MBA students, and this year the class even has a dedicated career advisor
- Last year some people stayed in US while some go back to where they come from
- Of the two Chinese passport holders from last year, one stayed in US for consulting, and the other came back to Shanghai for consulting

Application

- The requirements are a little different from those of a typical MBA program. Please check last year's requirement carefully at http://mitsloan.mit.edu/academic/msms/checklist.php, and remember to check for updates for this year's application
- For people with a non-MBA master degree from a business school, it's sometimes more difficult to determine the eligibility. Feel free to ask the program administers at http://mitsloan.mit.edu/academic/msms/questions.php, they are extremely helpful.

Please let us know if you have any question regarding the program
MIT Sloan MSMS 2011 Chinese students
收藏收藏1 收藏收藏1
沙发
发表于 2010-10-5 11:59:57 | 只看该作者
Dear Morespring,

Thanks for your introduction.
My question is, for candidate who does not have an MBA degree but an MSc degree in real estate, Is it possible for Sloan to give me a conditional offer?
I'll finish the core courses  before start of MSMS program in the next Sept. Does my suggestion work?
板凳
发表于 2010-10-5 21:28:02 | 只看该作者
Dear Morespring,

Thanks for your introduction.
My question is, for candidate who does not have an MBA degree but an MSc degree in real estate, Is it possible for Sloan to give me a conditional offer?
I'll finish the core courses  before start of MSMS program in the next Sept. Does my suggestion work?
-- by 会员 MITMSRED (2010/10/5 11:59:57)

According to school website, MSMS is looking for non-US MBA or management-related Masters.

You are doing Masters at MIT in US. That doesn't make any sense.
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-6 23:35:10 | 只看该作者
Hi MITMSRED

I have forwarded your question to the Admin and will get back to you soon.

Hi supernewbie,

I am not quite sure I understand your concern. Could you elaborate it if you have any question? Thanks
5#
发表于 2010-10-8 08:55:31 | 只看该作者
请问phd可以申请这个项目吗
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-10 23:10:54 | 只看该作者
Hi MITMSRED,

The answer to your question depends very much on the details of your program. The admin suggested you to contact them directly.
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-10 23:14:39 | 只看该作者
Hi wkboy,

Nobody in the past two classes has a Phd degree. But I think you can argue you case with the Admin if you have a good reason to get a Master after a Phd and if you have taken the required courses.
8#
发表于 2010-11-3 12:45:36 | 只看该作者
怎么理解equivalent Master’s degree program啊,对于在国内取得的硕士学位范围和学科有要求吗,比如我有一个金融学硕士,可以申请吗

谢谢了
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-4 10:50:30 | 只看该作者
国内的金融学硕士一般是可以的,比如我就是。但具体还是咨询一下admin比较好。
10#
发表于 2010-11-4 11:46:38 | 只看该作者
谢谢诶,已咨询过,是可以的
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 05:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部