返回列表 发新帖
查看: 9430|回复: 15
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[录取汇报] In@Kellogg

[精华] [复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-12-11 08:21:15 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Very lucky! Thanks to all cders...Learned a lot from this forum...
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2009-12-11 08:27:11 | 只看该作者
congs
板凳
发表于 2009-12-11 08:50:36 | 只看该作者
big cong!
地板
发表于 2009-12-11 09:03:46 | 只看该作者
很好很强大!!!
5#
发表于 2009-12-11 09:06:22 | 只看该作者
顶下 占下光
6#
发表于 2009-12-11 09:26:56 | 只看该作者
祝贺!1-Y 是什么项目?
7#
发表于 2009-12-11 09:31:16 | 只看该作者
祝贺!1-Y 是什么项目?
-- by 会员 hughlv (2009/12/11 9:26:56)

1 year MBA
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-12-11 16:38:56 | 只看该作者
some takeaways for applicants:

K really appreciates team work. Please emphaize this point in each of your four essays!  Articulate your understanding of team spirit, and link that with your goals at K. I reviewed my essays again for K...The main theme was team work-greater achievements---link that to your career goals and how K can help you.
Good luck for R2 applicants!
9#
发表于 2009-12-12 11:09:41 | 只看该作者
Thanks for the tip, pride!  Could you be more specific?  Teamwork is important, but I'm not sure how you can focus on this one theme in all your essays.  While I do realize that teamwork, leadership, global exposure and personality strength are all inter-related, shouldn't an applicant try to highlight one key aspect in each essay, hence providing the adcom a complete picture of his/her candidacy?

Personally, I feel teamwork essays are tricky.  I definitely don't want to portrait myself as a follower, or just simply a nice guy who can get along well with everybody in the team.  It contradicts the leadership quality/role that I can contribute to Kellogg and to my future career.  What's the approach you took?  How is the understanding of team spirit help Kellogg and your goals?  Do you mean that because you truly value and appreciate what teamwork can generate, therefore you will do X, Y and Z to embrace and even ignite the high level of team spirit in Kellogg and beyond?
10#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-12-12 16:29:28 | 只看该作者
Here comes some hints:

for the why MBA part, you can briefly introduce your career goals, ie. international investment professional, who usually works in a team environment------In such team, you can leverage resources, put new things together and make things happen. That's why Kellogg fits in team work. The unique team based environment will train your skill set...Polish your communication skills, and bring you challenges as well.
For the leadership experience essays, focus on how you applied leadership in a team environment. Put one example that you follow as a junior ppl, coz you knew by playing this role, you are making significance indirectly. Then pick up another case when you identified a mission, stick to that mission and motivat a team to actualize that mission. Describe what you thought, acted and learned by working with teams.
For essay three, indirectly mention teamwork as one of your distinctive personalities...or qualities. That get you prepared for MBA challenges. Or say, you have passion, ambition, motivation to work in such team environment.
For essay 4, you can either pick up the I would like the Adcom to know....by illustrating a real work case, extracuriculum experience etc.
I picked up the decision one. I had to go against the team. But I did it because I have integrity...principals..And I demonstrated leadership by convincing teammates...I communicated well and concinved them. Then mention what you want to get as a team leader...(go higher) you need to learn decision making skills, to be competent leader. You need to learn how to better manage a team. You need to know how to unite ppl and make them work with heart rather than subjection to authority.

After all, pls focus on the story line first. You need to include important elements in your essays, and weave it with your true feelings.
Be yourself, and you will find how powerful you are both at work and application.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 20:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部