ChaseDream
搜索
楼主: babybearmm

[梦之队日记] babybearmm的GMAT日记 (每日更新)

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2012-1-27 05:41:30 | 显示全部楼层
fox姐姐帮我回答了,谢谢~
那个streaming video (on vimeo)也可以。Streaming video里面是”板书“+录音,相较而言,eluminate live的功能更详细(能看清其他同学的发言),不过我觉得看record的话前者足够了。
live class可以免费报名的

请问那个RON的录音哪里有呀~~~~~~
-- by 会员 xeyyxzty (2012/1/26 22:35:43)

熊熊可以看看这个,http://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm
不过要在eluminate live下载软件先然后进入他家的live class就可以了,不过是record的。
-- by 会员 fox0923 (2012/1/27 1:44:17)

楼主| 发表于 2012-1-27 05:50:51 | 显示全部楼层
你好厉害啊~~想来我大二的时候真是堕落啊,惭愧惭愧

词汇我感觉,GMAT跟toefle要求差不多,跟GRE差别很大
GMAT词汇要求是working vocabulary,就是能够学以致用的词,而GRE会很bt地故意出生僻词为难你
所以不用太追求多大的词汇量,够用就行

Word Smart上举了个好玩的例子。后面那个挺傻呼呼的句子,我觉得就有点像GRE的风格......

Students often try to make their vocabularies seem bigger than they actually are by using a thesaurus to beef up the paper they write.

Neophytes chronically endeavor to induce their parlance to portend more magisterially by employing a lexicon of synonyms to amplify the theses they inscribe.

嘿嘿,发现这几天和姐姐互动好多~~~共勉,阅读小分队,我也开始,词汇量不够的孩纸对阅读量真没底呢
-- by 会员 Suri在奋斗 (2012/1/26 23:09:17)

发表于 2012-1-27 08:24:23 | 显示全部楼层
你好厉害啊~~想来我大二的时候真是堕落啊,惭愧惭愧

词汇我感觉,GMAT跟toefle要求差不多,跟GRE差别很大
GMAT词汇要求是working vocabulary,就是能够学以致用的词,而GRE会很bt地故意出生僻词为难你
所以不用太追求多大的词汇量,够用就行

Word Smart上举了个好玩的例子。后面那个挺傻呼呼的句子,我觉得就有点像GRE的风格......

Students often try to make their vocabularies seem bigger than they actually are by using a thesaurus to beef up the paper they write.

Neophytes chronically endeavor to induce their parlance to portend more magisterially by employing a lexicon of synonyms to amplify the theses they inscribe.

嘿嘿,发现这几天和姐姐互动好多~~~共勉,阅读小分队,我也开始,词汇量不够的孩纸对阅读量真没底呢
-- by 会员 Suri在奋斗 (2012/1/26 23:09:17)

-- by 会员 babybearmm (2012/1/27 5:50:51)

好滴~~~~我继续背~~~嘿嘿
发表于 2012-1-27 11:23:28 | 显示全部楼层
fox姐姐帮我回答了,谢谢~
那个streaming video (on vimeo)也可以。Streaming video里面是”板书“+录音,相较而言,eluminate live的功能更详细(能看清其他同学的发言),不过我觉得看record的话前者足够了。
live class可以免费报名的

请问那个RON的录音哪里有呀~~~~~~
-- by 会员 xeyyxzty (2012/1/26 22:35:43)

熊熊可以看看这个,http://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm
不过要在eluminate live下载软件先然后进入他家的live class就可以了,不过是record的。
-- by 会员 fox0923 (2012/1/27 1:44:17)

-- by 会员 babybearmm (2012/1/27 5:41:30)

谢谢两位姐姐咯~~~
这就去注册~~~
发表于 2012-1-27 13:47:48 | 显示全部楼层
我进了ron那个页面,看到 有streaming video(on vimeo) 和 elluminate link
为什么每次点 elluminate link 就进到另一个页面,还得下载软件,每次都得下?
这些视频可以下载吗?我的网速经常不给力,听的断断续续的
 楼主| 发表于 2012-1-27 15:30:47 | 显示全部楼层
你试试streaming video看行不行,我用那个很快,而且第一次之后就不用重装什么插件了  (不过在国内的传输速度行不行我就不知道了....)

elluminate link功能更多,那是个交互式的“教室”,能看到别的同学发言,live的课堂得需要用那个,但我觉得听recording就没必要这么奢侈了。用streaming video(只有板书+语音)足够了。

recording似乎不可以下载吧,或者我没发现...只有一个pdf only的那次课件可以下载

我进了ron那个页面,看到 有streaming video(on vimeo) 和 elluminate link
为什么每次点 elluminate link 就进到另一个页面,还得下载软件,每次都得下?
这些视频可以下载吗?我的网速经常不给力,听的断断续续的
-- by 会员 童颜公主 (2012/1/27 13:47:48)

发表于 2012-1-27 18:39:49 | 显示全部楼层
今天开始逻辑啦~~加油↖(^ω^)↗
 楼主| 发表于 2012-1-27 19:34:01 | 显示全部楼层
看到Ron讲methodology太有启发了,发上来分享........
他自己没受过学院派的语法学习,能把SC给学生讲那么清楚那么深刻,他说他讲的那些语法知识都是捉摸OG出来的
    -研究OG正确句子,要包括非划线部分-

well ... if you've actually studied a thousand SC problems, i can definitely tell that you aren't studying in the right way.
if you've gotten through that many problems, that means that you're just going through problem after problem after problem after problem and just solving the problems, spending little to no time on review.

no matter what you're studying, make sure that you study with the appropriate DEPTH, not just BREADTH.  
in particular, you should try to RELATE problems to each other, and look for GENERALIZABLE lessons, in order to gain the maximum benefit from your practice.

THE PROBLEMS ON THE TEST ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE THE PRACTICE PROBLEMS!
IF YOU JUST MEMORIZE/REMEMBER THE PRACTICE PROBLEMS EXACTLY AS YOU SAW THEM, THEY WILL HAVE NO VALUE!

they may even have negative value, if the same constructions happen to be used in different ways on the official test.

--

for EVERY problem:
* don't concentrate on the solution to that actual problem, since you can be sure you aren't going to see that actual problem on the exam
* instead, try to find TAKEAWAYS from the problem, which you can then APPLY TO OTHER PROBLEMS.  this is key - DO NOT LEAVE A PROBLEM until you have extracted at least one piece of information, whether a formula, a strategy, a trick/trap, etc., that you can apply to OTHER problems.
do not leave a problem until you can fill in the following sentence, meaningfully and nontrivially:
"if i see _____ ON ANOTHER PROBLEM, i should _____"

for EVERY OFFICIAL SC problem:
be able to explain every aspect of every construction in the correct answer choice -- including the parts that are not underlined.  (remember, this is the only place where you can be 100% assured of finding constructions that are correct!)  
this means that you should be able to explain both the grammar and the meaning of everything those choices -- again, including the stuff that isn't underlined.

if you do what i've suggested above -- especially with the correct answers** -- you will probably find that the OG12 alone provides enough SC material for at least a couple of months of study.  

honestly, if you put that together with the manhattan SC guide, you should already have more than enough material.  quantity is not quality, and, after a certain point (which you have long ago passed if you have actually solved 956 problems), quantity and quality become each other's enemies.

--

**i'll let you in on a little secret here: studying the correct answers in this way is really the hidden weapon on this test.

fun fact:
before i started teaching the gmat, i had zero formal training in english grammar -- i'd never studied it academically, and had basically no idea of any of the non-basic rules that i talk about here.  (instead, for SC i relied only upon my experience as a professional editor/writer and upon my sheer exposure to tons and tons and tons of material written in highly formal, scholarly english.  even though i didn't know any of the actual grammar rules, my experience allowed me to identify "right" and "wrong" immediately and almost instinctually without any sort of formal breakdown -- much as people are able to identify the nature of, say, facial expressions without having to break them down muscle by muscle.  for all practical purposes, that sort of approach is impossible for non-native speakers of english.)
here's the fun part:
every single thing i've ever posted on this forum about english grammar, i learned by studying correct answers to official SC problems.
this is not an exaggeration.
here was the process:
* study a correct answer
* justify the use (= grammar and meaning) of EVERY construction in the correct answer
* attempt to generalize the result
* if the generalization is questionable, search other official SC problems for the same construction, and see whether the generalization works.
发表于 2012-1-27 21:25:30 | 显示全部楼层
加油啊~~~

Ron的录音搞定了~网速还可以~
 楼主| 发表于 2012-1-27 23:30:31 | 显示全部楼层
求教各位:
What are difficult to understand are A and B.
What his father left him are a few English books
这两个句子的各个is/are用得对不对?

其实是我看语法笔记上说的,和Manhattan上讲的矛盾——如果我没理解错的话。
http://forum.chasedream.com/GMAT_SC/thread-484445-29-1.html     第282楼
我在这整理了我的看法,但对以上两个例句还是很困惑..........求点拨,谢谢~

1/26

今天又全磕语法了,说好的要接着看bible呢,没时间看了....
好吧,我庆幸我有很充足的时间,可以准备好了再去报名去,何况还想等新题。比起好几位朋友的那个复习效率,我真差太远了....

就做了Prep 08 166-185,然后回去复习了Manhattan部分章节并做当初没做过的习题  
Prep错3/20  1'26'' per question.......咋这么慢
发现我近来好些错误都属于technical error,因为某种illegitimate reason迅速排除了正确选项(通常就是看不顺眼),导致最后在某两个错误选项中徘徊很久,因为感觉都不对,却又非要挑一个....其实就是思维走入死胡同没有跳出来。这种错误,就是花的时间非常多,可就是做不对。而通常当我在看解答之前再做一遍的时候却又能做对。
想到了bible说的,如果感觉所有选项都不对,那么就不要再比较选项纠结于其中了,而是重新读stimulus,因为必然忽略了什么。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|Archiver|ChaseDream ( 京ICP证101109号 )

GMT+8, 2019-11-13 15:34 , Processed in 0.155360 second(s), 3 queries , Memcache On.

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2019 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部