打印 上一主题 下一主题

PREP-63 为什么这题没人提起..请教各位..

[复制链接]
11#
发表于 2016-7-30 11:12:47 | 只看该作者
wn0858 发表于 2014-7-6 22:35
想知道B 中 and thus 为什么不和前面的that平行 补充一个that呢

引用Ron大神的解释,在Ron的视频里也有讲过

there are two kinds of parallel signals: ONE-PART (such as "and", "or", "but"), and TWO-PART (such as "not only ... but also", "both ... and").

when you have PARALLELISM WITH A ONE-PART SIGNAL, the only words that are "locked in" are the ones directly FOLLOWING the signal.
as long as you can find the corresponding structure in the other part, then the parallelism is fine.

examples:
i worked in nevada and florida.
i worked in nevada and in florida.

BOTH OF THESE ARE FINE.

reasons:
in the first, the part that's "locked in" by the signal and is just florida. therefore, the parallel construction would be just nevada.
since that construction is there, the sentence is parallel:
i worked in
nevada
and
florida.

in the second, the part that's "locked in" by the signal and is in florida. therefore, the parallel construction would be just in nevada.
since that construction is there, the sentence is parallel:
i worked
in nevada
and
in florida.

--

for completely analogous reasons, this sentence would be fine either with or without your second "that":

an increase that
would amount to roughly five miles per gallon
and
would represent...

an increase
that would amount to roughly five miles per gallon
and
that would represent...
12#
发表于 2018-9-8 12:00:04 | 只看该作者
对于这道题我想发表下我的看法:

从语法层面上来讲,我觉得AB两个句子都没有实质性的错误,A中 they thus automatically inform the operator of the location and phone number of the caller through regular telephone lines,也是成立的,而且regular lines也不是抽象名词,尽管说说through which可能比where好,但是你的目的应该是比较B比A好,而不是through which比where好呀,through which好怎么了,我where也没有错呀,所以用这个来说明B比A 好是不符合逻辑的;

那么B为啥比A好呢,我觉得从逻辑意思方面解释更加说得通。A的意思是讲,不像emergency calls穿过普通的电话线(这个电话线怎么怎么怎么样),cellular calls让operator决定打电话的人的位置;B的意思是,不像emergency calls穿过普通的电话线然后通知operator打电话的人的位置,cellular calls让operator决定打电话的人的位置。B就比A好在将travel和inform处理成了一个并列的关系,因为句子本身就是要比较叫的是两者如何通知operator的方式,A并未直接比较通知operator的方式,而是比较的穿过电话线和通知operator的方式,而B直接比较了emergency和cellular通知operator的方式,所以B更好。
13#
发表于 2019-1-8 17:00:07 | 只看该作者
绿杨小庙 发表于 2018-9-8 12:00
对于这道题我想发表下我的看法:

从语法层面上来讲,我觉得AB两个句子都没有实质性的错误,A中 they thus  ...

终于找到解决疑惑的回答了。
14#
发表于 2020-11-20 14:39:29 | 只看该作者
kogumanana 发表于 2016-7-30 11:12
引用Ron大神的解释,在Ron的视频里也有讲过

there are two kinds of parallel signals: ONE-PART (such  ...

同意!               
15#
发表于 2020-11-21 01:35:00 发自 iPhone | 只看该作者
where比较多修饰具体place 抽象概念要用prep+ which,they确实指代也不是很清楚
16#
发表于 2020-11-22 20:02:57 | 只看该作者
鄙人愚见:我的感觉是这个要看句意,虽说unlike 是主句主语和从句主语进行比较,但是句子意思上emergency calls that travel through regular telephone line 与 cellular calls require emergency operators to determine the location of the caller进行比较有些不合逻辑,除非把where (我感觉应该改为through which?)从句并入到前面的句子里,才会比较合理
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 22:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部