搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4664|回复: 9

Georgetown vs USC Mashall

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-4-5 02:15:00 | 显示全部楼层

Georgetown vs USC Mashall

Why one will you choose, and why?

Any comments, both cons and pros, are welcomed!

Thanks
发表于 2003-4-5 03:06:00 | 显示全部楼层
I would choose USC over Georgetown.

location, ranking, job opportunity....
发表于 2003-4-5 04:36:00 | 显示全部楼层
这应该是个比较容易的选择。除了钱以外,其它的都应该很明显。
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-5 12:16:00 | 显示全部楼层
What if GT offer 40% of its tuition waiver?
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-6 06:32:00 | 显示全部楼层
wannafly, what did you mean it is an obvious choice? Could you make it clear?

Feifei, thanks for you advice!

Location - don't you guys notice that GT located in DC which is better location, while USC in LA which has better weather. what did you mean USC has a better location, Feifei?

Expense - Except for the Tuition waiver, GT's tuition itself is 10% lower than USC and its median salary is about 10% higher than USC. Do you guys notice this?

Finally, ranking - Iin the 2003 FT ranking GT's #17 is far ahead of USC's 31, while in US news and Bw, USC is a bit above GT. Therefore, I think it is safe to say that they are “伯仲之间”。

Don't  you guys think so?

Any further comments are welcomed!

Thanks!

Attic
发表于 2003-4-6 09:20:00 | 显示全部楼层
attic, one thing you should take into accout is that which school can help you achieve your career goal better. According to my limitted knowledge of both school, USC's strengths lie in entertainment field as well as a pretty strong alumina network especially in California. And GT has relatively strong reputation in politic field.
发表于 2003-4-6 13:40:00 | 显示全部楼层
我想你本来就知道该选谁(因为成本)。但你刚来并没有说清楚。所以我才说,如果钱不是大问题的话,当然选南加州。
南加州大学最大的特点就是它的亚太气氛比较浓厚,而且它在亚太地区的知名度也很高。是亚太地区读MBA的首选之一。

BTW, please don't always use "don't you", not a very good.

USC    McDonough                                
MBA(usnews_2004)              20            24
      (businessweek)              17            30            
The international business      12            14
Management                        20            N/A
Marketing                             20           N/A

楼主| 发表于 2003-4-7 01:41:00 | 显示全部楼层
hehe, wannafly bro, no offense to you by using " don't you", since that is common use here when we discuss cases.

If you feel offensed, I am really sorry, I won't use it!

Not only no offense, on the contrary, I am appreciated for all guys shared their opioions here, especially your insightful analysis!

The reason I give out some advantages for GT is to introduce other pals for opposite advises, like yours and Feifei's, and find a optimized answer for me and for others who may have the same puzzles as me.

And only different and/or even opposite ideas will help people to make smart choice. That is, I believe, what discussion comes for.

For my choice now, I am really not sure yet, otherwise no necessary waste time and resources here.

The cost is one, but not only consideration for me, and I think for every others, to consider. To pursue a MBA is to invest. Therefore, any perspective MBAs must have their plan for financial arrangement.

For schools which have similar ranking and strength, like GT and USC, cost might become a bit more concern. I did not see you guys mentions it, so I throw it out for further discussions!

For school choice, the catalogs and wetsite have offered too much for their advantages. Thus, I thnk the post which provided disadvantages for these schools might have more sense for us to make final desision.

For me, I am a bit leaning to USC now. However, I love to hear different/opposite oppinions!

Again, many thanks for your advise. It obvious that you have done many homeworks. And, I love to discuss with guys come prepared!

Attic
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-7 01:45:00 | 显示全部楼层
Btw, what is the reputation for these two schoos in China? I am out of China for quite a time and pay spectial attention to what our Chinese think of the schools brand name.

Thanks!

Attic
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-7 01:54:00 | 显示全部楼层
Lewis bro, thanks for you comments!

I agree with you for USC's strentgh on entertainment and GT's strength for politics.

However, I have no interest in either of these two areas.

In addition, I do not thinks the entertainment in USC and politics at GT could do much help for our Chinese future development. If a Chinese want to stay in NA, both entertainment and politics are not easy for not-born-US-citizen, not mention PR,  to squeeze in the main stream. On the other hand, if he want go back to China, the operations skills of entertainment and politics learned here could hardlly applied to China!

That is just my own humble opinions and any comments are welcomed!

Attic
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 14:58
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部