ChaseDream
搜索
楼主: CBS2018

[校友答疑] Columbia Business School (CBS) MBA 18届【Q&A 答疑】(微信公众号: 哥大GCS)

[精华]   [复制链接]
发表于 2017-8-16 15:08:49 | 显示全部楼层
CD狼 发表于 2017-8-16 12:37
毕业后做PE的比例大致如何
无论在美国还是中国都比较低。因爲每年录取的已具备PE经验的同学比例就低。通过M ...

太感谢了!这么详细的回答,真是对我了解情况非常有帮助。
发表于 2017-8-16 15:30:10 | 显示全部楼层
亚当 发表于 2017-8-16 15:05
CBS每年有两次Club Day,一次在春季开学时,一次在冬季J-Term入学后。Club Day当天,每个Club会摆展台发资 ...

wow,谢谢你这么详细的答复,也感谢把GCS的活动介绍得这么清楚明白,让我们迫不及待地去了解和加入!
 楼主| 发表于 2017-8-18 11:23:41 | 显示全部楼层
Athena. 发表于 2017-8-16 15:30
wow,谢谢你这么详细的答复,也感谢把GCS的活动介绍得这么清楚明白,让我们迫不及待地去了解和加入! ...

欢迎欢迎!我们在晨边高地等你!:)
 楼主| 发表于 2017-8-20 16:45:26 | 显示全部楼层
alexzhou8407 发表于 2017-8-16 15:08
太感谢了!这么详细的回答,真是对我了解情况非常有帮助。

客气客气,我们都是邀请问题相关的大牛来回答问题,希望hit the points,以及解决了你的痛点:)
发表于 2017-8-22 17:14:00 | 显示全部楼层
CBS2018 发表于 2017-8-18 11:23
欢迎欢迎!我们在晨边高地等你!:)

看到楼上学长把PE写的那么清楚,可以分享一下post-MBA进入IBD的经验吗?谢谢学长先
发表于 2017-8-23 04:19:26 | 显示全部楼层
刚收到面试邀请,请问一下,面试有什么经验分享吗?谢谢!
 楼主| 发表于 2017-8-23 08:26:14 | 显示全部楼层
Athena. 发表于 2017-8-22 17:14
看到楼上学长把PE写的那么清楚,可以分享一下post-MBA进入IBD的经验吗?谢谢学长先 ...

以下是一位暑期在西海岸某top投行实习并得到return offer师兄的文章,供你参考:

Most of recruiting discussion here are for SA/ANL, and I realized MBA level recruiting is very different after went through the entire process. So I want to give back to the community and write a short guide about it.

Since all these are pretty transparent and will be provided to you in your first month of MBA life, it is just for those who haven't enrolled/admitted and want to get some ideas beforehand.

Please keep in mind that every school is different. This guide only applies to CBS (probably also Stern/Wharton and other east coast schools) but I would imagine all top schools have the similar process.

Last, forgive my grammar/spelling and feel free to correct me.

I would break recruiting process to four parts: public events, informationals, invite-only events and interview.

Public Events:
The first public event is company presentation, which includes presentation and networking time. If you don't attend this event, it is very unlikely you would be able to recruit for that bank. During the networking session, you will walk around, join some "banker circle" and try to show passion and interest although what you really care is free food and drink. It is NOT the time to impress people but make sure you know your 15 seconds why banking pitch. It is also ok to ask stupid questions that appropriate for an MBA level candidate. Most bankers there will be alumni so talk about school life is usually a safe choice.

After the first event, there are usually other public events - the day on the job (nicest food and drink), happy hour (not so nice) and case study (boring). Most of those events are mandatory and follow by networking session (aka banker circle).

Informational:
This is the Most notorious part of the recruiting. After the first public event, the structural informational interview starts. Usually, someone from recruiting team will arrange your first informational (guaranteed) and you will get referred to another banker after the first one (unless you screw up). Some banks stop at one or two informationals and other could ask you to visit their office every week. Depends on how many banks you are recruiting, you can expect 10 - 50 informationals during two months (Oct and Nov). The record I know is 70ish.

Informational is usually with alumni and lasts 30 minutes. It is more like a chat instead of interview since no technical will be asked (some technical group like FIG may be the exception). Now it is time to impress but also could get backfired since different bankers like different styles.

Whether you perform well or not at informational will directly lead to rej or private event/interview invitation.

Private Event:
Private events start in Nov/Dec. Only "chosen one" could attend those upscale dinner or fancy drink events. If you don't get invited, most likely you will not get interview invite, but there are exceptions. However, private event invitation doesn't guarantee interview especially if people get too relax and screw up.

Interview:
After a whole semester wasted on recruiting events, you finally reach the interview stage in early Jan. The entire interview process will finish within one week (start on Monday and get the offer on Friday 5pm). The first round consists one 30 minutes interview (usually on campus), and you will know the result the same night or second day. Second round/super day could be three to five 30 minutes back to back interviews.

Although people spend most time preparing for technical questions, 80% of interview questions are fit questions. If you did it correctly, you would expect to know many interviewers already. So whether they like you or not before interview also matter (at least from my experience). Some banks will ask you if they are your top choice during second round interview and that's the most difficult question I believe.

On Friday 5pm, people will get the phone call from recruiting team about the offer. If you told the bank that they are your first choice, you are expected to accept on the phone. You may also be put on waiting list and get offer the following week.
发表于 2017-8-23 10:34:28 | 显示全部楼层
先谢谢各位校友分享!
我本科Language of Instruction 是英语,正式成绩单上有注明。因为平时工作忙没时间重考托福,想申请waive,请问这会对申请造成不利吗?adcom对申请waiver是什么态度啊?谢谢!
 楼主| 发表于 2017-8-23 14:56:40 | 显示全部楼层
《哥伦比亚大学与中国》- 序章

视频短片地址:

https://v.qq.com/x/page/t05300uibhr.html

每次欣赏到这个视频,就会期待早点回到校园。漫长的暑假已经接近尾声,在各行各业实习的我们终于陆续回到了晨边高地。

坐看曼哈顿二百多年风起云涌的哥伦比亚大学,由一百年前日趋没落的清帝国开始便与中国结下了不解之缘。她的一代又一代学生,一个又一个学者、教授,自晚清到民国再到今日的中国,在诸多领域留下了名垂青史的印记:胡适、冯友兰、蒋梦麟、郭秉文、马寅初、唐绍仪、李政道、顾维钧、侯德榜、吴文藻……这些名字成为了后世华人的荣光。“借汝之光,得见光明”,哥大已见证了263届沐泽在智慧光芒下的学人,他们中的大多数就在你我之中,平凡而伟大着。

感谢哥大全球中心制作的《哥伦比亚大学与中国》系列短片,这次为大家带来此系列短片的序章,每次欣赏都令人心潮澎湃!
发表于 2017-8-23 19:41:57 | 显示全部楼层
CBS2018 发表于 2017-8-23 14:56
《哥伦比亚大学与中国》- 序章

视频短片地址:

谢谢分享!

除了能更了解Columbia之外,这还能帮助我们回答Why Columbia的问题。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

NUS MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|Archiver|ChaseDream ( 京ICP证101109号 )

GMT+8, 2019-11-14 13:53 , Processed in 0.092239 second(s), 3 queries , Memcache On.

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2019 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部