ChaseDream

标题: [求助]关于as和when的区别 [打印本页]

作者: 八戒    时间: 2004-1-10 11:16
标题: [求助]关于as和when的区别
1. The Wallerstein study indicates that even after a decade young men and women still experience some of
the effects of a divorce occurring when a child.
(A) occurring when a child
(B) occurring when children
(C) that occurred when a child
(D) that occurred when they were children
(E) that has occurred as each was a child

答案没有问题.
但我觉得对E选项中对as和when的区别解释地很模糊:
Choice E includes an incorrect verb tense (has occurred) and wrongly replaces when with as. Also, each was does not properly
refer to men and women.

这个解释等于没说.

as有一个用法是表示:当什么时候
而when也有如此用法.

这两个的区别是什么?

我找了一下GRE GMAT 和 LSAT 好象as用做:当什么时候的用法好象很少见.

还请指教!

多谢!
作者: guandream    时间: 2004-1-10 11:44
as clause action is related to the main clause's action. "as a child"  is talking about the speciphic group, so this expression has nothing with time. when clause normally uses to talk about time or periods. for example, ...when he is a child. or ... when he is 10 years old.
作者: 八戒    时间: 2004-1-10 16:50
谢谢楼上!

但我还是有点不大明白呀.

"as a child"  is talking about the speciphic group, so this expression has nothing with time

这个没有问题.

可是:
when clause normally uses to talk about time or periods. for example, ...when he is a child. or ... when he is 10 years old.

我觉得as也可以替代when呀!

我查了一下郎文英英词典:

对as是这么解释的:

while or when: for example:
I saw Peter as I was getting off the bus.
As time passed, things seemed to get worse.

而对when是这么解释的:

at the time that:
for example:
Things were different when I was young.
The dog jumped up when he whistled.

我想是不是as指代"当什么时候"的意思,是指一个过程.
而when表示此意思的时候,是指"一个点的时间,正如词典的解释at the time that,本身at the time就代表点的时间"

还请多指教!
多谢!

BTW:大家手边除了OG的解释外,还有没有其他的语法书呀?
        我看不明白的时候,就去查郎文英英字典,可是感觉不是很好.
        大家能推荐一下吗?  
        多谢!

作者: turtlechen    时间: 2004-1-10 18:13
在描述时间时,as只能当连词用。这是最大差异。
这里我看不出有明显的错误。
请牛人多指导!

作者: snow_mountain    时间: 2004-1-10 18:14
那就看看LZM吧。
作者: qww    时间: 2004-1-10 18:17
when 从句表示的时间是一具体的时间是a brief,finite moment,
as 表示的是an extended period of time。
如OG 84题  as people age,
作者: 八戒    时间: 2004-1-10 21:11
以下是引用qww在2004-1-10 18:17:00的发言:
when 从句表示的时间是一具体的时间是a brief,finite moment,
as 表示的是an extended period of time。
如OG 84题  as people age,

谢谢!

我翻了一下OG84的解释,果然很清楚呀!

呵..........

我现在不想做LSAT了,开始狂做SC了.

qwwGG的进度如何呀?
作者: 八戒    时间: 2004-1-10 21:14
以下是引用bryony在2004-1-10 18:14:00的发言:
那就看看LZM吧。

多谢bryony的建议.

但我觉得这本书好象褒贬不一呀,虽然很早就买了,但一直没敢动.

尤其去XDF的时候,还拿了上去问白大狭,竟然被白大狭狂扁了一顿,说他从此不想再看到这本书了!!

真是晕到.........

作者: guandream    时间: 2004-1-11 08:33
main clause action           dependent clause action
1    while, as , when                             short                              long

2     while, as                                         long                              long      
3    (just) as, (just) when                       short                              short

explanation: short action: ring open; long action: walking, talking.
                  in situation2: as: two situations which develop or change together. As I get older, I get more optimistic.
                                   while: two actions happen at the same time. while you are reading the information, I am working.
                                 when: refer to ages and periods of time. when I was a child, we in in london.

the information above comes from grammar usage book. I think it is clear. if you have other opinions, we can discuss it.

作者: crusaders    时间: 2004-1-11 10:29
up :]

作者: crusaders    时间: 2004-1-11 10:34
以下是引用八戒在2004-1-10 21:14:00的发言:

多谢bryony的建议.

但我觉得这本书好象褒贬不一呀,虽然很早就买了,但一直没敢动.

尤其去XDF的时候,还拿了上去问白大狭,竟然被白大狭狂扁了一顿,说他从此不想再看到这本书了!!

真是晕到.........

这里有个电子版的英语语法可惜不是很全
http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=21&ID=32172
作者: 八戒    时间: 2004-1-11 11:05
以下是引用guandream在2004-1-11 8:33:00的发言:
1    while, as , when                             short                              long

2     while, as                                         long                              long      
3    (just) as, (just) when                       short                              short

in situation2: as: two situations which develop or change together. As I get older, I get more optimistic.
                                    while: two actions happen at the same time. while you are reading the information, I am working.

the information above comes from grammar usage book. I think it is clear. if you have other opinions, we can discuss it.

多谢!

很透彻!

再次感谢呀!

BTW:我哪里可以找到这本grammer usage book呀?
作者: 八戒    时间: 2004-1-11 11:07
以下是引用crusaders在2004-1-11 10:34:00的发言:
这里有个电子版的英语语法可惜不是很全
http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=21&ID=32172

不错,不错!

看来beer jj下了不少工夫呀!!

改天有空跑去"轻松一刻"感谢她一下呀!
呵.....
作者: egretxm    时间: 2004-6-11 05:30

我要向guandream 请教一下, 请告知MSN 帐号。 谢谢!

作者: guandream    时间: 2004-8-9 06:55
以下是引用guandream在2004-1-11 8:33:00的发言:

it is just grammar, but for GMAT, in my opinion, the most important is clear and effictive. "as" can be time and cause conjunction; "while"  can be time and comparison conjuction. thus, "when" is best choice for the time clause, even though the differences exist. on the other hand, "as" is very common to use in the time clause when two actions correlate or develop at the same time.

作者: luxinwinter    时间: 2004-12-29 14:41
ding
作者: 花仙子    时间: 2006-12-25 17:41
up!
作者: 让你后悔死    时间: 2008-1-1 19:56

when is less precise than as in characterizing a prolonged and gradual process such as aging. B is the best answer.

_________from OG84

作者: jaylee001    时间: 2008-8-8 00:22

呵呵,朝闻道,夕死足以!

作者: Ree    时间: 2009-1-22 01:37

作者: liwuruiyun    时间: 2015-8-29 11:01
xiexiegewei
作者: AMBER513    时间: 2019-8-24 09:02
看一下!               

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3