ChaseDream

标题: OG13 CR-74 [打印本页]

作者: 半夏死磕GT    时间: 2013-7-4 10:49
标题: OG13 CR-74
Which of the following most logically completes the argument below?

Using broad-spectrum weed killers on weeds that are competing with crops for sunlight, water, and nutrients
presents a difficulty: how to keep the crop from being killed along with the weeds. For at least some food crops,
specially treated seed that produces plants resistant to weed killers is under development. This resistance
wears off as the plants mature. Therefore, the special seed treatment will be especially useful for plants that

(A) produce their crop over an extended period of time, as summer squash does
(B) produce large seeds that are easy to treat individually, as corn and beans do
(C) provide, as they approach maturity, shade dense enough to keep weeds from growing
(D) are typically grown in large tracts devoted to a single crop
(E) are cultivated specifically for the seed they produce rather than for their leaves or roots
答案是C
我想问为什么E不可以呢?如果要的只是植物的种子,种子阶段会抵抗weed killer

作者: francoisyang    时间: 2013-7-4 11:10
要的是种子,但不是埋下去的那个种子,而是成熟后结的新的种子。
如果要的是埋下去的那个种子,那何必再去埋。
作者: fcj0410    时间: 2013-7-4 16:38
C的思路是,种的农作物只有在小的时候才需要weed killer的保护,到大了,它们的叶子又高又密,挡住了野草的阳光,自己就可以杀野草;
E说的要种子不是说人们要的就是现在种下去这个种子,而是要用这个农作物长大以后produce的种子,就像大豆,我要的是它的种子,而人参我要的是它的根——由此看来就知道,这个选项是无关项
作者: neomy    时间: 2014-9-7 22:20
E项说的是,这种免疫杀虫剂的方法对植物(耕种它更看重生产出的种子多余叶子与根茎) 更有效,文中根本没提到这类信息,og解释说,用免疫杀虫的方法不论对种子叶子都有益处,所以单单说种子是不和逻辑的。破题点是成熟后不能用杀虫剂了怎么办?长大后,植物密度不留阴影,没有阳光野草就不能从缝隙长出来啦啦
作者: Robertfpx    时间: 2015-11-8 01:27
E的另一种解释:植物应该都是在成熟了之后才长种子(correct me if I'm wrong),而这个时候恰好是resistance已经没了的时候。这个时候要么需要和weed竞争,要么会被除草剂杀死。所以这种cultivated for the seed的植物并不适合这种处理。
作者: JLJS    时间: 2016-5-26 21:34
francoisyang 发表于 2013-7-4 11:10
如果要的是埋下去的那个种子,那何必再去 ...

这语气。。。made my day hahahaha
作者: JLJS    时间: 2016-5-26 21:36
francoisyang 发表于 2013-7-4 11:10
如果要的是埋下去的那个种子,那何必再去 ...

这语气。。。made my day hahahaha

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3