ChaseDream

标题: While 引导的是否应该完整的从句? [打印本页]

作者: xiaojindiao    时间: 2012-12-25 13:02
标题: While 引导的是否应该完整的从句?
A recent poll indicates that many people in the United States hold a combination of conservative and liberal political views; i.e., they denounce big government, saying government is doing too much and has become too powerful, while at the same time supporting many specific government programs for health care, education, and the environment.(划线部分是给出的正确参考答案)

这题中,划线部分的 ,while at the same time supporting many specific government programs for health care, education, and the environment. 是否正确?

while不是没有副词的用法吗,作为连词的话while后面就应该有谓语出现,但此句没有出现?

请给位大牛指点!
作者: kiwifoodtown    时间: 2012-12-25 14:37
现在分词在这里就是状语从句的简化,但要保留连词,while在这里起到指示转折作用。
作者: xiaojindiao    时间: 2012-12-25 15:53
现在分词在这里就是状语从句的简化,但要保留连词,while在这里起到指示转折作用。
-- by 会员 kiwifoodtown (2012/12/25 14:37:03)

没有谓语还能叫从句吗?莫非我对从句的理解一直都是错的。。。
作者: TerraceHo    时间: 2012-12-25 16:17
they denounce big government, saying government is doing too much and has become too powerful, while at the same time supporting many specific government programs for health care, education, and the environment.

while做conj,表示although的意思。
由於while引導的主句和從句主語相同-they,因為while後面可以省略[they are]。所以while後面是有謂語的-are supportting,只是are被省略了。

hope that helps!!

作者: xiaojindiao    时间: 2012-12-25 17:29
they denounce big government, saying government is doing too much and has become too powerful, while at the same time supporting many specific government programs for health care, education, and the environment.

while做conj,表示although的意思。
由於while引導的主句和從句主語相同-they,因為while後面可以省略[they are]。所以while後面是有謂語的-are supportting,只是are被省略了。

hope that helps!!
-- by 会员 TerraceHo (2012/12/25 16:17:49)

谢谢!!
我认为这个解释比较合理。找到一个类似的帖子
http://forum.chasedream.com/GMAT_SC/thread-359663-1-1.html

prep的说明是这样的:

补充说明:while的特殊用法

In writing, people often use a non-finite clause beginning with while. For example, instead of writing “I often knit while I am watching TV.”, they write “I often knit while watching TV.”

连词while引导时间状语从句,有时可有成分省略(通常是在从句与主句的主语相同时,也可以说连词引起一个单词或短语,如跟形容词、介词短语或现在分词等)。

这么看来的话不一定只是时间状语从句时是这样,包括转折状语从句也是了。

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3