ChaseDream

标题: 关于 what it appears/claims to be这种句型的问题 [打印本页]

作者: yizihuishi    时间: 2012-8-5 17:33
标题: 关于 what it appears/claims to be这种句型的问题
好头疼的问题,为什么这两道题在PREP解释中101题一个可以把what it claims中的it claims认为是插入语,61题却说what it appears is what it多个主语,appearis多个谓语,从而排除了A选项呢?谢谢大家了

101. (29777-!-item-!-188;#058&004380)

The electronics company has unveiled what it claims to be the world's smallest network digital

camcorder, the length of which is that of a handheld computer, and it weighs less than 11 ounces.

D

(A) to be the world's smallest network digital camcorder, the length of which is that of a handheld

computer, and it weighs

(B) to be the smallest network digital camcorder in the world, which is as long as a handheld

computer, weighing

(C) is the smallest network digital camcorder in the world, which is as long as a handheld computer,

and it weighs

(D) is the world's smallest network digital camcorder, which is as long as a handheld computer and

weighs

(E) is the world's smallest network digital camcorder, the length of which is that of a handheld

computer, weighing

101. (29777-!-item-!-188;#058&004380)

The electronics company has unveiled what it claims to be the world's smallest network digital

camcorder, the length of which is that of a handheld computer, and it weighs less than 11 ounces.

D

(A) to be the world's smallest network digital camcorder, the length of which is that of a handheld

computer, and it weighs

(B) to be the smallest network digital camcorder in the world, which is as long as a handheld

computer, weighing

(C) is the smallest network digital camcorder in the world, which is as long as a handheld computer,

and it weighs

(D) is the world's smallest network digital camcorder, which is as long as a handheld computer and

weighs

(E) is the world's smallest network digital camcorder, the length of which is that of a handheld

computer, weighing

补充说明

[1] It claims为插入成分,这一现象大多数考生在此处为第一次遇到,因此很多考生会认为claim的正

确搭配为claim to do something,因而排除BCD选项。实际上isto be在选项中都是正确的表达:

若为is,可理解为it claims是插入成分;若为to be,则可理解成what it claims to be…这一大家都

很熟悉的表达。此题难度确实比较高,这个考点在此题中起到了不小的迷惑考生的作用。但是,

通过以上各选项的分析不难看出,即使不考虑isto be的区别,通过其他考点,我们也可以排除

ACE。在实际考试中,如果考生遇到不熟悉的考点,尽量不要依据这一单一考点作判断,应比

较选项中的其他差别,综合比较后再做出选择

61. (27648-!-item-!-188;#058&003611)

Researchers in Germany have unearthed 400,000-year-old wooden spears from what it appears

was an ancient lakeshore hunting ground as stunning evidence of human ancestors who

systematically hunted big game much earlier than believed.

(A) it appears was an ancient lakeshore hunting ground as stunning evidence of human ancestors

who

(B) it appears had been an ancient lakeshore hunting ground and is stunning evidence that human

ancestors

(C) it appears to have been an ancient lakeshore hunting ground and is stunning evidence that

human ancestors

(D) appears to be an ancient lakeshore hunting ground, stunning evidence that human ancestors

(E) appears that it is an ancient lakeshore hunting ground, stunning evidence of human ancestors

who

A. What从句中出现whatit两个主语,以及appearswas个谓语,句子结构错误

B. What从句中出现whatit两个主语,以及appearshad been两个谓语,句子结构错误;had been

过去完成时态错误。

C. What从句中出现whatit两个主语,句子结构错误;stunning evidence的主语也不清晰;have

been现在完成时态错误。

D.正确,stunning evidence作为同位语,概括性同位语在句尾对句子进行进一步拓展。

E. What appears that it is…罗嗦笨拙;stunning evidence of human ancestors who…结构中,who

从句为附属结构,核心部分仅为evidence of human ancestors,人类祖先的证据,而人类祖先怎

么样了,证据证明了人类祖先的什么事情这些关键信息,在句子当中都被掩埋了。这种表达方式

GMAT常见错误之一。

作者: kellylsn    时间: 2012-8-5 22:10
up up
作者: yizihuishi    时间: 2012-8-6 09:10
求解答哦~~~~(>_<)~~~~
作者: keithyang926    时间: 2012-8-6 16:35
抛开解释。
不管叫什么名字,“插入语”也好,或者“嵌入式关系分局”(来自PREP2008语法笔记),关键是知道what it claims这样的成分是怎么用的,下次遇到的时候能够识别出来。
101题,第一遍读句子的时候相信很多人都能感觉到'it claims'在这里怎么摆都有点不合适,有自己的主谓语。其实,这就是此种成分最好的辨别信号。正因为它具有独立性,在正确的句子里如果把it claims拿掉,剩下的部分仍然在语法结构上是完整的。
...revealed what is the world's smallest network digital camcorder, which...         --- still grammatically correct
原句里,What的指代(the product)与it的指代(the company)不一致,这也是这种用法的一个特点。正因为我们要引入的主语与原句中的不一样,所以才需要通过这样的方式插入句中。
而在61题里这样的成分就用得不合适,因为此处what指代a place, it也同样指代这个place,语意语法上都讲不通。如果改成下面就正确,但需要去掉appear。
...from what archaeologists believed was...
这种成分的用法不仅局限在what引导的从句,一般的定语从句也可以。
OG12-118:  ..., a phenomenon that most scientists agree is caused by human beings' burning of fossil fuels.
举些自己的例子,
1. What I think is the most important thing for us at this moment,is to grab a quick bite.
2. For breakfast,my mom usually make a thick and juicy sandwich, which I believe is the most delicious food in the world.
这种成分用在(that, which, what)从句里有自己的独立性和S+V结构,去掉之后的句子语法结构不受影响。所以熟悉了例句后,再次遇到就会很容易把它从句中cherry-pick出来。
作者: yizihuishi    时间: 2012-8-7 12:33
好牛啊,膜拜!!谢谢哦
作者: lyan4    时间: 2013-1-24 23:26
抛开解释。
不管叫什么名字,“插入语”也好,或者“嵌入式关系分局”(来自PREP2008语法笔记),关键是知道what it claims这样的成分是怎么用的,下次遇到的时候能够识别出来。
101题,第一遍读句子的时候相信很多人都能感觉到'it claims'在这里怎么摆都有点不合适,有自己的主谓语。其实,这就是此种成分最好的辨别信号。正因为它具有独立性,在正确的句子里如果把it claims拿掉,剩下的部分仍然在语法结构上是完整的。
...revealed what is the world's smallest network digital camcorder, which...         --- still grammatically correct
原句里,What的指代(the product)与it的指代(the company)不一致,这也是这种用法的一个特点。正因为我们要引入的主语与原句中的不一样,所以才需要通过这样的方式插入句中。
而在61题里这样的成分就用得不合适,因为此处what指代a place, it也同样指代这个place,语意语法上都讲不通。如果改成下面就正确,但需要去掉appear。
...from what archaeologists believed was...
这种成分的用法不仅局限在what引导的从句,一般的定语从句也可以。
OG12-118:  ..., a phenomenon that most scientists agree is caused by human beings' burning of fossil fuels.
举些自己的例子,
1. What I think is the most important thing for us at this moment,is to grab a quick bite.
2. For breakfast,my mom usually make a thick and juicy sandwich, which I believe is the most delicious food in the world.
这种成分用在(that, which, what)从句里有自己的独立性和S+V结构,去掉之后的句子语法结构不受影响。所以熟悉了例句后,再次遇到就会很容易把它从句中cherry-pick出来。
-- by 会员 keithyang926 (2012/8/6 16:35:10)

what I think is....是主语从句,which I believe is....是同位语,可是这句话里面what it claims is 是宾语从句啊,宾语从句要用陈述语气的啊???把it claims拿掉是has unveiled what is ........
作者: rebekah1213    时间: 2013-4-15 15:02
The electronics company has unveiled what it claims is the world’s smallest network digital camcorder, which is as long as a handheld computer and weighs中unveiled后面应该是省略了一个that(但GMAT中宾语从句省略that并不常见),所以后面应该是宾语从句,而宾语从句中又是一个主语从句,由what引导,充当宾语(如 What I want is happiness)而且is还是用to be is语法上都对,只是句意不同。但题中to be没有is,从句就没有谓语了
Researchers in Germany have unearthed 400,000-year-old wooden spears from what appears to be an ancient lakeshore hunting ground, stunning evidence that human ancestors   from后面是一个由what引导的宾语从句,what充当主语,所以it就多余了
what和that在名词性从句中,what必须在句子中充当成分,如第一个中的宾语,第二个中的主语;而that是不能充当任何成分的

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3