ChaseDream

标题: 大全-c-14 [打印本页]

作者: ztlbox    时间: 2004-9-27 21:38
标题: 大全-c-14

14.   Dr. A: The new influenza vaccine is useless at best and possibly dangerous. I would never use it on a patient.

Dr. B: But three studies published in the Journal of Medical Associates have rated that vaccine as unusually effective.

Dr. A: The studies must have been faulty because the vaccine is worthless.

In which of the following is the reasoning most similar to that of Dr. A?

(A) Three of my patients have been harmed by that vaccine during the past three weeks, so the vaccine is unsafe.

(B) Jerrold Jersey recommends this milk, and I don’t trust Jerrold Jersey, so I won’t buy this milk.

(C) Wingzz tennis balls perform best because they are far more effective than any other tennis balls.

(D) I’m buying Vim Vitamins. Doctors recommend them more often than they recommend any other vitamins, so Vim Vitamins must be good.C

(E) Since University of Muldoon graduates score about 20 percent higher than average on the GMAT, Sheila Lee, a University of Muldoon graduate, will score about 20 percent higher than average when she takes the GMAT.

c和原文的共同点在哪呢?晕

作者: juliaPL    时间: 2004-9-28 00:32

Dr. A: The new influenza vaccine is useless at best and possibly dangerous. I would never use it on a patient.

Dr. B: But three studies published in the Journal of Medical Associates have rated that vaccine as unusually effective.

Dr. A: The studies must have been faulty because the vaccine is worthless.

In which of the following is the reasoning most similar to that of Dr. A?

我们先来分析一下Dr A的reasoning 是怎样的

The new influenza vaccine is useless at best and possibly dangerous. I would never use it on a patient.

A1 新的感冒疫苗最多是没用可能还危险,B1我不会用在病人身上

A2  由于疫苗没用 B2 研究成果有误

由于A2-->B2是在提问后提出的,所以应该是本题的核心,再看选项

(A) Three of my patients have been harmed by that vaccine during the past three weeks, so the vaccine is unsafe.

有很强的因果关系,

(B) Jerrold Jersey recommends this milk, and I don’t trust Jerrold Jersey, so I won’t buy this milk.

由于我不信任来源,所以我不信任产品, 可是题干是我不信任产品,所以我质疑来源,可以排除

(C) Wingzz tennis balls perform best because they are far more effective than any other tennis balls.

如果用原题干代入是由于wingzz疫苗比所有其他的疫苗更有效所以他是最有效的,

(D) I’m buying Vim Vitamins. Doctors recommend them more often than they recommend any other vitamins, so Vim Vitamins must be good.C

我用该疫苗, 因为所有医生都推荐, 所以他一定有效,明显不符排除

(E) Since University of Muldoon graduates score about 20 percent higher than average on the GMAT, Sheila Lee, a University of Muldoon graduate, will score about 20 percent higher than average when she takes the GMAT.

E用原题干代入,由于某研究推荐的疫苗的有效性高于平均20%,所以该研究推荐的某个疫苗的有效性也高于平均20%, 排除

其实我倒是觉得A也值得商榷,唯一排除它的理由是它的因果关系比题干强

C吗,的确和Dr A 的逻辑推理过程没什麽明显的类比关系,而且又是比较,不知道为什麽会是答案

请牛牛指教,

作者: juliaPL    时间: 2004-9-28 00:44

如果用原题干代入是由于wingzz疫苗比所有其他的疫苗更有效所以他是最有效的,

的逆否命题是如果它是最无效的,那末他比所有其他的疫苗都没用,可是就是该逆否命题,也与原文的题干有出入

作者: lawyer_1    时间: 2004-9-28 02:31

Dr A 和选项C都是循环论证的错误。(前提和结论一样:假定要证明的结论是真的,再用此为前提去证明结论)

Dr A :because the vaccine is worthless,So,The studies must have been faulty (即 the vaccine is NOT effective

C选项: because they are far more effective than any other tennis balls。 So,Wingzz tennis balls perform best

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-9-28 2:32:56编辑过]

作者: juliaPL    时间: 2004-9-28 02:50

thanks, lawyer GG

作者: juliaPL    时间: 2004-9-28 02:52

祝你考试顺利

作者: zxzhyzcy    时间: 2007-4-16 16:49
我请教一下~~~为什么more effective=best呢?effecitiveness不是只是perform的一各方面而已吗?请指导我`~~~~~~~
作者: snowmary    时间: 2007-9-15 09:53
同问

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3