ChaseDream

标题: 大全-15-15 [打印本页]

作者: Qiongwang01    时间: 2004-8-5 07:34
标题: 大全-15-15

One variety of partially biodegradable plastic beverage container is manufactured from small bits of plastic bound together by a degradable bonding agent such as cornstarch. Since only the bonding agent degrades, leaving the small bits of plastic, no less plastic refuse per container is produced when such containers are discarded than when comparable nonbiodegradable containers are discarded.

Which of the following, if true, most strengthens the argument above?

(A) Both partially biodegradable and nonbiodegradable plastic beverage containers can be crushed completely flat by refuse compactors.

(B) The partially biodegradable plastic beverage containers are made with more plastic than comparable nonbiodegradable ones in order to compensate for the weakening effect of the bounding agents.

(C) Many consumers are ecology-minded and prefer to buy a product sold in the partially biodegradable plastic beverage containers rather than in nonbiodegradable containers, even if the price is higher.

(D) The manufacturing process for the partially biodegradable plastic beverage containers results in less plastic waste than the manufacturing process for nonbiodegradable plastic beverage containers.B

(E) Technological problems with recycling currently prevent the reuse as food or beverage containers of the plastic from either type of plastic beverage container.

Why the answer is B. I cann't understand the passage

作者: arundhati    时间: 2004-8-5 08:42

题干的大致意思是说:把不可降解的塑料分成小碎片,然后用可降解的粘合剂把这些碎片粘合起来做成塑料瓶子。这种措施并不能起到保护环境的作用,因为粘合剂降解后,剩下那些不可降解的碎片的数量不会减少。也就是说和不用粘合剂的完整塑料瓶产生同样的污染。

题目让加强这个论点。那么只有B正确,说其实用粘合剂做成的瓶子产生的不可降解物比普通瓶子更多。

作者: Qiongwang01    时间: 2004-8-5 12:06
What does the part "compensate for the weakening effect of the bounding agents" mean.
作者: arundhati    时间: 2004-8-5 12:13
意思是为了补偿粘合剂的弱点,不得不用更多的塑料来做成瓶子。
作者: Qiongwang01    时间: 2004-8-5 12:30
why use more plastic? I still can't understand the relationshiop between bonding agent and the amount of plastic.
作者: arundhati    时间: 2004-8-5 16:15

题干说:整个塑料瓶子污染环境。有的人降塑料分成一个个小碎片,再用粘合剂把碎片连起来做成瓶子,以为这样会减少塑料,进而减少不可降解的污染。其实,这样产生的污染并不比用完整的塑料少。

那么B说其实用碎片反而需要更多的塑料,因为粘合剂比较脆弱,需要用更多的塑料来保证韧度。那么就加强的题干论点。

不知这样能否理解

作者: Qiongwang01    时间: 2004-8-6 03:05
需要用更多的塑料来保证韧度 is this your guess? There is no word mentioned in the passage.
作者: arundhati    时间: 2004-8-6 07:44

for the weakening effect of the bounding agents.

alright, that's my guess, since it mention about weakening, then i just try to make it more specific. Why it get weakening? Since the bonding agent has weakening, so need more plastic, which create more polution.

If i get your more confused, then sorry.

I think i already explain the whole question in a very detail light, so might be if you read more carefully, you would understand!

Good luck!

作者: Qiongwang01    时间: 2004-8-10 10:34
Thanks for your explanation!

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3