ChaseDream

标题: 大全-B-15,大全-C-9 [打印本页]

作者: b5b55    时间: 2004-7-16 11:47
标题: 大全-B-15,大全-C-9

15.   In the effort to fire a Civil Service employee, his or her manager may have to spend up to $100,000 of tax money. Since Civil Service employees know how hard it is to fire them, they tend to loaf. This explains in large part why the government is so inefficient.

It can be properly inferred on the basis of the statements above that the author believes which of the following?

I.     Too much job security can have a negative influence on workers.

II.    More government workers should be fired.

III.   Most government workers are Civil Service employees.

(A) I only

(B) I and III only

(C) II only

(D) I, II, and III(A)

(E) III only

我认为选B。如果并非Most government workers are Civil Service employees,可能government workers就没有那么有利的job security,因此也就不能解释why the government is so inefficient。

9.       Determining the authenticity of purported pre-Columbian artifacts is never easy. Carbon-14 dating of these artifacts is often impossible due to contamination by radioactive palladium (which occurs naturally in the soils of Central and South America). However, historians and anthropologists have evolved two reliable criteria, which, utilized in combination, have proven effective for dating these artifacts. First, because authentic pre-Columbian artifacts characteristically occur in a coarse, granular matrix that is shifted by major earthquakes, they often exhibit the unique scratch patterns known as gridding. In addition, true pre-Columbian artifacts show a darkening in surface color that is caused by centuries of exposure to the minute amounts of magnesium in the soil of the Americas.

The criteria above would be LEAST useful in judging the authenticity of which of the following?

(A) An ax head of black obsidian, unearthed from a kitchen midden

(B) A pottery bowl with a red ocher design, found in the ruins of a temple

(C) A set of gold ear weights, ornamented with jasper pendants

(D) A black feather cape from a king’s burial vault(D)

(E) A multicolored woven sash found near the gravesite of a slave

为什么选D? 我认为E对。

作者: arundhati    时间: 2004-7-17 09:39

15. 我觉得这个III的问题主要是most,不知道错少是most,这是个模糊概念。况且,如果这些公务员并不占多数,但却占了决定性领导地位,那同样可以影响政府有效性。这第三点并不充分。

9. 文中介绍的这个方法都是以土或石有关的,是通过土和石这类辅助鉴别的。而只有D选项里的东西和土石没有关系,没有这种辅助东西就不好鉴别了。

作者: b5b55    时间: 2004-7-17 11:21
我明白,谢谢!
作者: sunyi001    时间: 2008-10-3 08:42

纯粹考词汇,又是典型的相关密切程度的分析

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3