ChaseDream

标题: 请教两题 [打印本页]

作者: cheeseberg    时间: 2004-6-18 13:09
标题: 请教两题

14.   A recent survey of all auto accident victims in Dole County found that, of the severely injured drivers and front-seat passengers, 80 percent were not wearing seat belts at the time of their accidents. This indicates that, by wearing seat belts, drivers and front-seat passengers can greatly reduce their risk of being severely injured if they are in an auto accident.

The conclusion above is not properly drawn unless which of the following is true?

(A) Of all the drivers and front-seat passengers in the survey, more than 20 percent were wearing seat belts at the time of their accidents.

(B) Considerably more than 20 percent of drivers and front-seat passengers in Dole County always wear seat belts when traveling by car.

(C) More drivers and front-seat passengers in the survey than rear-seat passengers were very severely injured.

(D) More than half of the drivers and front-seat passengers in the survey were not wearing seat belts at the time of their accidents.

(E) Most of the auto accidents reported to police in Dole County do not involve any serious injury.

Blood banks will shortly start to screen all donors for NANB hepatitis. Although the new screening tests are estimated to disqualify up to 5 percent of all prospective blood donors, they will still miss two-thirds of donors carrying NANB hepatitis. Therefore, about 10 percent of actual donors will still supply NANB-contaminated blood.

19.   The argument above depends on which of the following assumptions?

(A) Donors carrying NANB hepatitis do not, in a large percentage of cases, carry other infections for which reliable screening tests are routinely performed.

(B) Donors carrying NANB hepatitis do not, in a large percentage of cases, develop the disease themselves at any point.

(C) The estimate of the number of donors who would be disqualified by tests for NANB hepatitis is an underestimate.

(D) The incidence of NANB hepatitis is lower among the potential blood donors than it is in the population at large.

(E) The donors who will still supply NANB-contaminated blood will donate blood at the average frequency for all donors.

答案是:A,A. 想不通,请指教,谢谢!

作者: robertchu    时间: 2004-6-19 06:15

Q14: of all acidents surveyed, >20% wearing seat belts --> < 80% not wearing;  of severely injured, 80% not wearing.  So, not wearing increase the chance of survere injury.

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-6-19 6:15:43编辑过]

作者: robertchu    时间: 2004-6-19 06:19
Q19: If donors carrying NANB also carry other infections, which would be detected and thus disqualify these donors, then the actual NANB donors won't reach 10%.
作者: cheeseberg    时间: 2004-6-19 13:42

Thanks, robertchu. I got 19

As for 14, I am still confused. Why is "<80% not wearing" needed, together with "80% of severely injured were not wearing", to come to the conclusion that "not wearing increases the chance of.."?  I think the fact that "80% of severely injured were not wearing" alone would contribute to the conclusion. I just could not think it through. Please help me.

作者: 不是风    时间: 2004-6-19 15:20

q14.

I think author put the evidence in the other way. 20% wearing equals to 80% not wearing. He just reiterated the evidence. Is that right?

作者: cheeseberg    时间: 2004-6-20 13:34

I think there is no reiteration - the "80%" in question is 80% of those severely injured. 20% (or 80%) in A is a portion of the whole sample.   

作者: robertchu    时间: 2004-6-21 03:01

换个角度讲: In the whole sample, 大于20% wearing seat belts;  in the severely injured, 只有20% wearing 的受重伤.所以waring 降低了受重伤的可能性.
A并不是非常好,只是比其他选项好一点.

作者: dmqyql    时间: 2004-6-21 04:09
let 's imagine the total number of sample is x, whereas the number who were severely injured is y, then the  percentage of  severely injured  who were wearing seat belts at the time of their accidents is 20%y/(>20%x), the  percentage of  severely injured  who were not wearing seat belts at the time of their accidents is 80%y/(<80%x), obviously the former is lower than the latter.  
作者: dmqyql    时间: 2004-6-21 04:21
robertchu, I still puzzled over your explanation of 19, do you mean that the number of actual donors reduced, then the percentage will rise.
作者: robertchu    时间: 2004-6-21 04:33
如果有NANB的人也有别的毛病,而且会因为这些别的毛病被剔除,那么他们就不会被献血.那么NANB血的比例就不合高到10%

作者: zorazora    时间: 2007-1-19 06:38
标题: assumption19

19still confused. what assumption mean?

感觉A在WEAKEN题目的意思,并不是assumption吧? 想不通  谢谢指教!

作者: scarlett8327    时间: 2009-3-22 02:37
以下是引用robertchu在2004-6-21 4:33:00的发言:
如果有NANB的人也有别的毛病,而且会因为这些别的毛病被剔除,那么他们就不会被献血.那么NANB血的比例就不合高到10%

谢谢robert,明白了~

作者: tongnianwang    时间: 2009-9-17 14:32
请教(19)题,c选项为什么不对
作者: jiyiflora    时间: 2009-9-17 15:55
Q14....发生车祸受伤非常严重的,其中有80%的司机和副驾驶位置的人都没有系安全带。结论,系了安全带就大大降低受伤严重的风险。
问。。。这个结论的推出必须在何种情况下才算合适。。

根据推论剩下的20%的人系了安全带受伤依然严重。20%比80%,这足以看出系了和没有系出事情的风险是,没有系的大。所以还是系安全带比较好。所以A帮助了推出结论。

作者: 荞麦苏苏    时间: 2011-2-26 07:41
19题E选项为什么不对呢?

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3