ChaseDream

标题: LSAT 逻辑游戏题(6) [打印本页]

作者: sdcar2010    时间: 2011-1-15 06:44
标题: LSAT 逻辑游戏题(6)
From among nine classes, a MBA student will select six to attend in the fall semester. The classes are organized into three categories. Of the classes, three-A, B, and C-are on accounting, three-D, E, and F-are on management, and three-G, H, and I-are on finance. At least one class will be selected from each category. The MBA student selects the classes according to the following conditions:

If G is selected, neither C nor E is selected.
If I is not selected, E is selected.
At least one class on finance will not be selected.

1. Which one of the following could be a complete and accurate list of the classes that the student selects?

(A) A, B, C, D, E, F
(B) A, B, C, D, E, H
(C) A, B, C, D, F, H
(D) A, B, C, D, G, I
(E) A, B, D, G, H, I

2. If exactly one of the classes on management is selected, then which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of the other classes that must also be selected?

(A) A, B, C, H
(B) A, B, C, D, I
(C) A, B, E, H, I
(D) A, B, C, G, H
(E) A, B, C, H, I

3. Which one of the following must be true?

(A) A is selected.
(B) C is selected.
(C) H is selected.
(D) Of at least one of the three categories of classes, exactly two classes are selected.
(E) Of at least one of the three categories of classes, exactly three classes are selected.

4. If exactly two classes from each category are selected, then which one of the following must be true?

(A) B is selected.
(B) D is selected.
(C) I is selected.
(D) E is not selected.
(E) H is not selected.

5. Each one of the following is a pair of classes that could be among the classes selected EXCEPT:

(A) A, I
(B) B, D
(C) B, F
(D) G, H
(E) G, I

6. Each of the following, if known, would fully determine the selection of the six classes EXCEPT:

(A) B and C are not selected.
(B) B and H are not selected.
(C) C and F are not selected.
(D) E and H are not selected.
(E) F and I are not selected.

作者: waterbull    时间: 2011-1-19 04:33
BEDCDC
作者: sdcar2010    时间: 2011-1-19 04:45
LS: Not bad. Redo #6.

The official answers are:
1. B
2. E
3. D
4. C
5. D
6. D
作者: waterbull    时间: 2011-1-19 06:27
Got it! Thanks!
作者: taoransk    时间: 2011-1-23 10:56
Over all :
-- Question 2 goes really tricky on the quest writing -.-
-- Can you make full explaination on Q2? I had guessed a bit on it after tested D by concious
-- Also, can you explain Q6?
   If (D),  No E --> I, then could be 2 possibility: (1) No C --> ABDFGI, (2) C --> No G, ABCDFI
   If (E),  No I --> No G --> H, ABCDEH
   I picked (E) but seems correct answer is (D)??

6 of 9,
[A]=ABC
[M]=DEF
[F]=GHI

-- At least 1 * [A]&[M]&[F]
-- G --> No C & No E ==> C or E --> No G
-- No I --> E ==> (1) No E --> I, (2) No I --> E --> No G, G --> No C & No E --> I
-- No (GHI) ==> (1) G --> I, G & I --> No H, (2) H --> No I / No G

1. Which one of the following could be a complete and accurate list of the classes that the student selects?

(A) At least 1 * [F]
(C) No I --> E
(D) C or E --> No G
(E) No (GHI)

Answer: (B)

2. If exactly one of the classes on management is selected, then which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of the other classes that must also be selected?

1 * [M] ==> 1 * (DEF) ==> Following answers must not contain any of (DEF) --> (B)(C) Fail

(A) 1 + 4 = 5 < 6, must have 6 of 9
(D) G --> I, GI --> No H

Answer: (E)

3. Which one of the following must be true?

(A) A is selected.
(B) C is selected.
(C) H is selected.
(D) Of at least one of the three categories of classes, exactly two classes are selected.
(E) Of at least one of the three categories of classes, exactly three classes are selected.

Answer: (D)

4. If exactly two classes from each category are selected, then which one of the following must be true?

(C) No I --> E --> No G, 2 of GHI became impossible

Answer: (C)

5. Each one of the following is a pair of classes that could be among the classes selected EXCEPT:

(D) G --> I, G & I --> No H

Answer: (D)

6. Each of the following, if known, would fully determine the selection of the six classes EXCEPT:

Answer: (E)
作者: sdcar2010    时间: 2011-1-23 22:28

(A) A, B, C, H
(B) A, B, C, D, I
(C) A, B, E, H, I
(D) A, B, C, G, H
(E) A, B, C, H, I

Since we know that 2 classes from (DEF) are out and only one class from (GHI) are out, then we know that all of ABC are in.  If C is in, then G it out, and H and I are in.  So the list of classes must be chosen are: A, B, C, H, I.  Choose E.
作者: sdcar2010    时间: 2011-1-23 22:30

(E) If F and I are out, then G has to be out.  The rest are in.  Sufficient.
(D) has two possible answers. Insufficient, hence the right answer.
作者: taoransk    时间: 2011-2-5 10:19
great explaination. thx again bro

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3