ChaseDream

标题: GWD TN-1 SC 32 [打印本页]

作者: frankzhiwei    时间: 2010-9-21 14:19
标题: GWD TN-1 SC 32
GWD1-Q32:

To develop more accurate population forecasts, demographers have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic determinants of fertility.

A.have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic

B.have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical

C.would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical

D.would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economic

E.would have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economical

为什么要would have to(D)?我选的是  B

作者: frankzhiwei    时间: 2010-9-21 14:32
求解答呀~
作者: jbc88    时间: 2010-9-21 15:18
economical不对,这是经济的,节约的。

所以B错
作者: andreasyang    时间: 2010-9-21 15:22
这题tricky就在于economic和economical的区别
前者是表示经济上的,经济学上的
后者是表示经济的、节俭的,合算的
作者: fansail    时间: 2010-9-24 16:31
From Manhattan:

1. economic vs economical
"economic" means "having to do with "economics and/or the economy" (this is the intended meaning).
"economical" means "efficient" or "at low cost/expense". (this is not the intended meaning.)

2. more than now vs. more than they do now
In A and E, you are not comparing similar things. Literally you're comparing the knowledge about social and economic determinants to now.
Consider the following example: I have to run faster than now. This is incorrect. what is now? This doesn't make any sense. I have to run faster than I do now. Correct

3. would have to vs have to
There's a slight rhetorical difference ("would have to" carries the connotation that these forecasts are just hypothetical and don't actually have to be developed, or that at least it's not important, while "have to" implies that these forecasts are important and have to be made).
作者: frankzhiwei    时间: 2010-9-25 00:46
哥!牛B~谢谢!

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3