ChaseDream

标题: 大全-C-14 真的很难啊....... [打印本页]

作者: sd3195069    时间: 2008-3-21 22:42
标题: 大全-C-14 真的很难啊.......

大全-C-14. Dr. A: The new influenza vaccine is useless at best and possibly dangerous. I would never use it on a patient.
Dr. B: But three studies published in the Journal of Medical Associates have rated that vaccine as unusually effective.
Dr. A: The studies must have been faulty because the vaccine is worthless.
In which of the following is the reasoning most similar to that of Dr. A? 答案是C
(A) Three of my patients have been harmed by that vaccine during the past three weeks, so the vaccine is unsafe.
(B) Jerrold Jersey recommends this milk, and I don’t trust Jerrold Jersey, so I won’t buy this milk.
(C) Wingzz tennis balls perform best because they are far more effective than any other tennis balls.
(D) I’m buying Vim Vitamins. Doctors recommend them more often than they recommend any other vitamins, so Vim Vitamins must be good.
(E) Since University of Muldoon graduates score about 20 percent higher than average on the GMAT, Sheila Lee, a University of Muldoon graduate, will score about 20 percent higher than average when she takes the GMAT.

作者: doitnow    时间: 2008-3-22 04:48
I consider the argument by Dr. A resembles one of the 7 sins for AA: gratutitous assumption. DR. A didn't give any evidence to support his conclusion. He just assumed the vaccine is dangerous and thus it's useless. In Answer C, similar reasoning flaw exists: no evidence to support why the tennis ball is more effective - claiming the effectiveness won't lead to any convincing conclusion. Just my 2 cents.

作者: rockmax    时间: 2008-7-21 10:18

http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardid=24&id=74994&star=3#3019773

circular reasoning!

题目:因为无效所以无效

The studies (that vaccine as unusually effective)must have been faulty because the vaccine is worthless.

C: 因为最好所以最好   Wingzz tennis balls perform best because they are far more effective than any other tennis balls.

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3