ChaseDream

标题: 大全-C-14 and 大全-C-16 [打印本页]

作者: gugu_bird    时间: 2003-12-10 17:37
标题: 大全-C-14 and 大全-C-16
Dr. A: The new influenza vaccine is useless at best and possibly dangerous. I would never use it on a patient.
Dr. B: But three studies published in the Journal of Medical Associates have rated that vaccine as unusually effective.
Dr. A: The studies must have been faulty because the vaccine is worthless.
In which of the following is the reasoning most similar to that of Dr. A?
(A) Three of my patients have been harmed by that vaccine during the past three weeks, so the vaccine is unsafe.
(B) Jerrold Jersey recommends this milk, and I don’t trust Jerrold Jersey, so I won’t buy this milk.
(C) Wingzz tennis balls perform best because they are far more effective than any other tennis balls.
(D) I’m buying Vim Vitamins. Doctors recommend them more often than they recommend any other vitamins, so Vim Vitamins must be good.
(E) Since University of Muldoon graduates score about 20 percent higher than average on the GMAT, Sheila Lee, a University of Muldoon graduate, will score about 20 percent higher than average when she takes the GMAT.
Answer: (C)
Why ?????
I select (B)

In 1986, the city of Los Diablos had 20 days on which air pollution reached unhealthful amounts and a smog alert was put into effect. In early 1987, new air pollution control measures were enacted, but the city had smog alerts on 31 days that year and on 39 days the following year. In 1989, however, the number of smog alerts in Los Diablos dropped to sixteen. The main air pollutants in Los Diablos are ozone and carbon monoxide, and since 1986 the levels of both have been monitored by gas spectrography.
Which of the following statements, assuming that each is true, would be LEAST helpful in explaining the air pollution levels in Los Diablos between 1986 and 1989?
(A) The 1987 air pollution control measures enacted in Los Diablos were put into effect in November of 1988.
(B) In December of 1988 a new and far more accurate gas spectrometer was invented.
(C) In February of 1989, the Pollution Control Board of Los Diablos revised the scale used to determine the amount of air pollution considered unhealthful.
(D) In 1988 the mayor of Los Diablos was found to have accepted large campaign donations from local industries and to have exempted those same industries from air pollution control measures.
(E) Excess ozone and carbon monoxide require a minimum of two years to break down naturally in the atmosphere above a given area.
AnswerB)
Why ?
如果1998 Dec.發明一個新的meter , 不就是可以explain之前的數據可能是高估的,所以1999年的figure就下降了
我選的是(D)

作者: cranberry    时间: 2003-12-10 20:39
1,dr a had not offered any argument for his conclusion,and answer b gave us a false argument.so there is the difference.

2,b is irrelevent,cos it is not made clear whether the newly invented method was put into forth or not.

作者: gugu_bird    时间: 2003-12-10 21:01
以下是引用cranberry在2003-12-10 20:39:00的发言:
2,b is irrelevent,cos it is not made clear whether the newly invented method was put into forth or not.

(D) In 1988 the mayor of Los Diablos was found to have accepted large campaign donations from local industries and to have exempted those same industries from air pollution control measures.

How about D ?
既然mayor 免除local industries对于空气污染的责任,怎幺解释1989年反而只有16天的污染,其它的测出来的反而比较高?
既然local industry都已经不受法令所管,理应排放更严重

作者: cranberry    时间: 2003-12-10 22:37
它可以解释88年的增加

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3