ChaseDream

标题: GWD22-20 [打印本页]

作者: windrainjc    时间: 2007-1-5 07:04
标题: GWD22-20

GWD22-20

Q20:

Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create farmland (especially in the Northeast) and gave consumers relatively inexpensive houses and furniture, but it also caused erosion and very quickly deforested whole regions.

A. Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create farmland (especially in the Northeast) and gave consumers relatively inexpensive houses and furniture, but it also

B. Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create farmland (especially in the Northeast), which gave consumers relatively inexpensive houses and furniture, but also

C. The systematic clearing of forests in the United States, creating farmland (especially in the Northeast) and giving consumers relatively inexpensive houses and furniture, but also

D. The systematic clearing of forests in the United States created farmland (especially in the Northeast) and gave consumers relatively inexpensive houses and furniture, but it also

E. The systematic clearing of forests in the United States not only created farmland (especially in the Northeast), giving consumers relatively inexpensive houses and furniture, but it

答案是A,我选D。A中not only和but also的内容一正一反,而D中用but转折,感觉D似乎比A更好?

作者: seaskyang    时间: 2007-1-5 09:25
请问gave是和谁并列的?
作者: mbz    时间: 2007-1-5 09:38

To windrainjc: good point, D is reasonable.

To Seaskyang: created/gave

作者: nickyespress    时间: 2007-1-5 12:42

Exactly, I think both of A and D are correct, but A should be better than D, because grammatically "Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create "  is a form of  up-side-down with emphasizing and emotion.

作者: mbz    时间: 2007-1-5 13:27
以下是引用nickyespress在2007-1-5 12:42:00的发言:

Exactly, I think both of A and D are correct, but A should be better than D, because grammatically "Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create "  is a form of  up-side-down with emphasizing and emotion.

you have a good point here, the "not only did, but it also" is a correct structure. However, A has two more problems:

1) "gave" should be "give"

2) the logical meaning is not good. On the other hand, D shows the contrast by using the "but".

作者: windrainjc    时间: 2007-1-5 15:04

Totally agree with mbz. Thanks.

作者: nickyespress    时间: 2007-1-9 12:30
以下是引用mbz在2007-1-5 13:27:00的发言:

you have a good point here, the "not only did, but it also" is a correct structure. However, A has two more problems:

1) "gave" should be "give"

2) the logical meaning is not good. On the other hand, D shows the contrast by using the "but".

Thanks, mbz, I agree with your point.

I am sorry for missing the"gave" in the sentence

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3