ChaseDream

标题: GWD30--29 [打印本页]

作者: jinni    时间: 2006-4-10 16:29
标题: GWD30--29

Researchers agreed that the study of new treatments for heart attack patients was extremely important but more research was needed to determine that balloon angioplasty preceded with ultrasound was or was not any better for heart attack patients than the balloon procedure by itself.

• more research was needed to determine that balloon angioplasty preceded with ultrasound was or was not any better for heart attack patients than

• more research was needed for determining whether or not balloon angioplasty preceded by ultrasound is any better for heart attack patients than is

• that more research was needed to determine whether balloon angioplasty preceded by ultrasound is any better for heart attack patients than

• that more research was needed to determine that balloon angioplasty preceded with ultrasound was any better for heart attack patients than

• that more research was needed for determining that balloon angioplasty preceded by ultrasound is or is not any better for heart attack patients than is

• 答案给的是B,但是我觉得应该是C吧,请讨论。

作者: 顾风    时间: 2006-4-11 11:38

好象 gmat里不用 whether or not

我也觉得是C

agree that...but that...

作者: 肖小    时间: 2006-8-28 09:28

我也记得新东方老师说过的whether or not是一种不必要的形式

但是C里面的is没有补出哦

那么到底这两个哪个比较重要一点呢???

大家继续讨论...

作者: mioiii    时间: 2006-8-28 10:03
    GWD30--29

Researchers agreed that the study of new treatments for heart attack patients was extremely important but more research was needed to determine that balloon angioplasty preceded with ultrasound was or was not any better for heart attack patients than the balloon procedure by itself.

1. more research was needed to determine that balloon angioplasty preceded with ultrasound was or was not any better for heart attack patients than
    2. more research was needed for determining whether or not balloon angioplasty preceded by ultrasound is any better for heart attack patients than is
    3. that more research was needed to determine whether balloon angioplasty preceded by ultrasound is any better for heart attack patients than
    4. that more research was needed to determine that balloon angioplasty preceded with ultrasound was any better for heart attack patients than
    5. that more research was needed for determining that balloon angioplasty preceded by ultrasound is or is not any better for heart attack patients than is

I would pick A since:

1. have not seen but + that

2. sth. be needed for doing...this is more awkward phrase.

If but+that is good, I would pick C.

作者: waymars    时间: 2010-11-20 16:13
    弱弱的问一下关于你提到的 加不加is的问题:

he is older than his brother

he is older than is his brother

he is older than his brother is
    哪个是对的啊????
    作者: Jialana    时间: 2011-1-28 19:12
    He is older than his brother (is).

I eat more apples than you do.

do 不能省略,因为容易产生这样的歧义: I eat more apples than eat you.  而这个句子,He is older than his brother,不会产生歧义,所以不加也可以。
    作者: lillove    时间: 2011-1-29 16:08
    A吧。

he is older than his brother is
    he is older than his brother

这俩都对
    作者: gina2012    时间: 2012-5-11 20:44
    The answer I got from the GWD is C,

but I chose B.

In C, there is researcher that... but that.

Can we add that after but? Unbelievable
    作者: anitawin    时间: 2012-5-12 14:58
    C中than後不補出is的話會有歧義(誤以為patients和balloon是并列的)
    但是前面的that我觉得也是必须要补出来的阿!宾语从句的第二个that不能省略 而且根据gmat的口味 是认为that...and that的结构是最佳的。希望考试不要碰到这种纠结的 否则pace必乱。。。

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3