ChaseDream

标题: In China, GMAT Cheaters May Prosper -- a stupid post at BW forum [打印本页]

作者: Swinerton    时间: 2006-2-7 01:26
标题: In China, GMAT Cheaters May Prosper -- a stupid post at BW forum

In China, GMAT Cheaters May Prosper

Some Chinese B-school candidates' studying methods are less than aboveboard as they struggle to avoid poverty by securing spots at top universities

With the score he received on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), the 21-year-old finance student at Shanghai's Fudan University easily could have been admitted to a top-ten U.S. B-school. He scored 650 out of a possible 800 points -- a score that's 58 points above the Chinese national average, but one he considers so low that it nearly brings him to tears. So he hit the books this summer, studying several hours a day to prepare for a second shot at the exam. He also did something a lot of would-be MBAs in China are doing these days: He peeked at the test.

Advertisement

Options

To trinity2005

Jan-21 5:32 PM

Msg 67586.2 reply to 67586.1

2 of 2

DKNY_
Posts 2508  

I heard about this or similar stuff a few yrs ago.  ETS was going to sue some test administering center in China or something.

The peak of the audacity was that these prep companies even offered standby actors and actresses (fluent in English) to pose for the student (likely not fluent in English but with a 44 Verbal score) during interviews.

作者: eeyupyup    时间: 2006-2-7 06:59

I cant find this post on BW.

I remember there was a similar discussion on BW a few months ago. The discussion was fierce, and it kind of ended up no conclusion. And I am sure the top business are aware of that SDF was sued by GMAC for releasing the real test material. It is the fact that we cant ignore, although we are all hardworking individuals, which outsider most of the time overlook/ignore. And it is sad that it can hardly go away given the reality of the china's market. Damages have been done. Well hopefully the current Chinese students are able to do well in schools, build some good reputation and credits for the rest of the chinese community.

Regarding the manipulated interview stories, I hardly believe it is true. Even though it is true, it can be just some extremely rare case (at least that is what i hope). and hopefully the admin will see it the way that i do.

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3