标题: 选校求定位: 101/740/2.79 ; SJTU/Microsoft [打印本页]

作者: zhr5210    时间: 2019-12-15 00:38
标题: 选校求定位: 101/740/2.79 ; SJTU/Microsoft
各位大神好!想赶R2轮申请美国的mba,时间紧迫来急切求助该如何定位~!

个人背景:
GMAT 740 ; TOEFL 101
本科上海交大 Computer Science,WES认证下来GPA 2.79
30岁; 3年微软(中国)软件开发工程师 + 4年量化基金自主创业

GPA实在太短板了... 不知道影响有多大,m7 / s16 / top25 应该主要申请哪个tier的学校呢?
然后我看到cornell和nyu有tech mba的项目,是不是更适合我一些。

另外还有个小亮点是高中获得过全国计算机奥林匹克竞赛的铜牌,但已经是10多年前了,这种是不是可以在essay中强调一下啊。

谢谢!

作者: RajPatil_Brown    时间: 2019-12-20 14:04
Hey there,
Congratulations on a 740 GMAT score! If you are applying R2 this year, deadlines are very quickly approaching and you don't have much time. It's probably a good idea to go ahead and apply now versus waiting until next year since at 30 you will be on the older side for many US programs. Admission for Chinese applicants is tough because of the sheer number who apply for just a few spots at US schools. Your GMAT is solid and would likely be good enough for schools like Cornell Johnson (you are well above its average) but your GPA may hold you back a bit. If you have a good story that you can tell in Cornell's "Optional Essay" (e.g., I was hard for me to figure out Comp Sci at first and I was also dealing with living at home for the first time, but after my first semester my grades were excellent), then you might be able to swing a Cornell Johnson Tech-focused MBA acceptance with your profile. Regardless, you'll need to really think about your strategic positioning: what you want to do post MBA long term and short term, what kind of community member you'll be within your b-school program, what kind of alum you'll be, etc.). This stuff is incredibly important given your overrepresented demo.

Best,
Raj Patil
作者: Truth_Teller    时间: 2019-12-20 18:53
S16保底问题不大,GPA不是问题,能搞量化基金的话没人会质疑你的学习能力。好好挖掘下leadership,M7没准就进了。
作者: helvcn    时间: 2019-12-20 23:26
I think your background (tech+finance+entrepreneurship) is well suited for MIT Sloan. GPA is only a small factor and can be compensated by your other achievements.

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3