ChaseDream

标题: OG18 Verbal 269 SC [打印本页]

作者: 16final    时间: 2018-10-25 10:00
标题: OG18 Verbal 269 SC
Verbal单册269题目:
Bluegrass musician Bill Monroe, whose repertory views on mucial collaboraiton, and voal style were influential on generations of bluegrass artists, was also an inpisration to many mucisions, that included Elvis Presley and Jerry Garcia, whose music differed significantly from his own.

(A) same(B) influenced generations of blugrass artists, also inspired many musiciains, including Elvis Presley and Jerry Garcia, whose music differed significantly from
(C) was influential to generations of bluegrass artists, was also an inpisration to many mucisions, that included Elvis Presley and Jerry Garcia, whose music was different significantly in comparison to
(D)was influential to generations of bluegrass artists, also inspired many mucisions, who included Elvis Presley and Jerry Garcia, the music of whom differed significantly when compared to
(E)were an influence on generations of bluegrass artists, was also an inpisration to many mucisions, including Elvis Presley and Jerry Garcia, whose music was significantly different from that of

正确答案是B。为什么里面的“also” 使用正确呢?influenced 和 insipired 不是并列关系啊,用also不会造成误解吗

作者: spicytaco    时间: 2018-10-25 14:53
真被问住了,哈哈
请Ron过来

zhanghan.neu wrote:Hello,

I know one should never question the correct answer, but I am just wondering, in (B) why there is an 'also' before 'inspired' (I know every answer has it so my question might be irrelevant,but..) If you drop the modifier, the sentence reads like "Blueegrass Musician Bill Monroe also inspired many musicians...". Doesn't it make you wonder who else insipired musicians or what else did he do?

Please ignore if this is a waste of your time.

Thanks!

i don't understand what you are asking here.
the other things that monroe did are in the modifier... so, if you "drop the modifier", then also doesn't make sense anymore.
...but the modifier is there, so it's fine.

here's a simpler version:
Ron, one of the most prolific posters on the MGMAT forum, is also a GMAT course instructor.
--> again, if you were to remove the modifier, you would also have to remove "also".
作者: Siamcoming    时间: 2018-10-26 11:21
这里also应该更注重语意上的“也”吧,并不只是平行结构才能用also
作者: 16final    时间: 2018-11-1 10:40
理解了,谢谢
作者: mivoylee    时间: 2018-11-1 10:52
想问lz a错的点在哪里~感谢
作者: 16final    时间: 2018-11-20 22:30
mivoylee 发表于 2018-11-1 10:52
想问lz a错的点在哪里~感谢

Redundant吧,用了太多名词形式,that included听起来也很奇怪
作者: SamKboardW    时间: 2018-11-21 04:02
Siamcoming 发表于 2018-10-26 11:21