ChaseDream

标题: gmat_28_11 [打印本页]

作者: WalkByFaith    时间: 2005-9-1 07:34
标题: gmat_28_11
11: Cash flows to stock and bond mutual funds have gained strength in the last two months, but fund managers have not been eager to invest the new money, instead of preferring to raise the cash levels in their portfolios at the highest level in six months (?).

A: have not been eager to invest the new money, instead of preferring to raise the cash levels in their portfolios at

B: have not been eager to invest the new money, instead preferring to raise the cash levels in their portfolios to

C: have not been eager at investing the new money, instead of preferring to raise the cash levels in thief portfolios to

D: were not eager to invest the new money, instead of preferring to raise the cash levels the cash levels in their portfolios at

E: were not eager at investing the new money, instead preferring to raise the cash levels in their portfolios to

ans: a or b?

作者: howardwang    时间: 2005-9-1 08:41

i think B is right.

in A,instead of and at is not good.

作者: 三脚猫    时间: 2005-9-1 16:00

B: have not been eager to invest the new money, instead preferring to raise the cash levels in their portfolios to the highest level

我是根据raise to the highest level来选定B的,但总觉得有点不舒服,prefer to raise.....从句意上应该和eager to invest并列啊,为什么要用分词形式呢?

作者: WalkByFaith    时间: 2005-9-2 03:54

i have same thoughts as三脚猫.

i regard 'preferring to' as 独立分词形式; however, it is better to have a comma after 'instead'..

open to discuss...

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3