ChaseDream

标题: 大家分享一下申请经验! [打印本页]

作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-3-22 23:26
标题: 大家分享一下申请经验!
现在已到了收获季节, 大家能否分享一下申请经验,以飨后人!

谢谢!!!

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-3-22 23:28:33编辑过]

作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-3-24 09:12
Let me talk about myself! Graduated from 2nd tier NiuXiao, 6 years WE, in a large state owned enterprise, GMAT 700-, level is just so so. I've got 3 admissions, but no top schools. I think WE, essays and interview are quite crucial in application! My 1st time poor interview made me lose 1 US NiuXiao, later well prepared interview help me win rest ones.
作者: Ulsa    时间: 2003-3-24 15:34
Thanks a lot! Jeffrey bro!

Graduated from 2nd tier NiuXiao too, 5 years WE! Worked for international company(not so famous), GMAT 710, level is just soso!

I've got 1 admission, 1 waiting list, two interview chances.

I think that every part of your application is important. The less mistakes you made, the more chances you have. At the same time, to be confident but not arrogant!
作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-3-24 18:10
Thank you, Ulsa MM!

I think confidence is quite important! When I was interviewed by 2 persons face to face, they asked me confidense or modest which one I am prefer, I told them definitely the former, then they all smiled!!
作者: ypzhng    时间: 2003-3-25 06:30
graduated from send level niu xiao too. also a us lao xiao. 4 yr w/e. g 700. got two fellowship (one tier 2 and one tier 3), two ads (, tier 2 and tier 3 each, waiting for money, chances are small for tier 2). one top 30, ad only , 3 rejections (top 20, tier 2, 3 each), others no info so far
作者: feifeifeifei    时间: 2003-3-25 14:03
好吧,班主起带头作用.也希望在此贴发言的XDJM们到我的两个有关OFFER的投票贴去捧捧场.

偶本科毕业于国内南方一重点高校. 3年FULL TIME MULTINATIONAL BANK W/E, 2年在美国赋闲. G760(我的考G苦难史GR众人皆知), T280. 共申请MBA4所学校: TOP 5一所,TOP10一所,TOP15一所, TOP20一所.结果被最后一所录取,其余全锯.

个人认为: 申请中RESUME(即你的W/E)最重要. ESSAY中CAREER GOAL的定位很重要,让ADCOM的人一看就觉得你是他们想招的人.

面试时,自信很重要,还要有PASSION.

作者: dinno    时间: 2003-3-25 14:54
以下是引用feifeifeifei在2003-3-25 14:03:00的发言:
个人认为: 申请中RESUME(即你的W/E)最重要.  

FFFF mm,
Really??
作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-3-26 08:50
feifeifeifei MM,

Great!! I couldn't agree with you more! I send my resume to ask for opinions from several MBAs, they all give me usefull advice on it! Pls keep on restructing your RESUME!!!
作者: kimberleyzh    时间: 2003-3-26 13:30
position 重要吗?
作者: feifeifeifei    时间: 2003-3-26 13:58
以下是引用kimberleyzh在2003-3-26 13:30:00的发言:
position 重要吗?

Should be shown in your resume. Not necessarily a high one, but should reflect your progress in your career development. Just my 2 cents.
作者: marsgirl    时间: 2003-3-27 08:37
偶也来贡献一把:

1. 越早申请越好. 能抢第一轮的, 尽量申请第一轮. 不要等到 DEADLINE 那天再 SUBMIT, 尽量早些. 这样你的机会更大.
2. ADCOM 面试的作用大大于ALUMNI 面试. 尽量找ADCOM 面试.
3. CAREER GOAL 一定要REASONABLE 并可实现.
作者: Jolie    时间: 2003-3-27 10:23
Work in famous international co. Graduated from sec tire unvi in beijing, common gpa/G, good T.
Apply 6 uni: 2 dings, 4 admissions(15-30:  seems I choose too many similar universities to decide now)
My 2 cents:
1. Choose university carefully and witfully. Apply as early as possible.
2. Present a Professional Resume.
3. Write your what you do everyday in essays. And find as many people as possbile to read your essays, revise at least 5 times.

作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-3-27 17:09
谢谢XDJM们,咱们中国人都是活雷锋!!!HeHe!
作者: applebees    时间: 2003-3-28 06:10
Can you tell us some detailed info on how to make resume attractive? What advice did they give you, can you let us know too?

Thank you
作者: applebees    时间: 2003-3-28 06:12
My last post is to Jeffrey-N. But I don't know how to quote your post.
作者: applebees    时间: 2003-3-28 06:14
what is "adcom" in Marsgirl's post. Thank you all
作者: feifeifeifei    时间: 2003-3-28 06:16
Applebees,

To quote someone's post, just go to his post and touch the bottom of "引用".

As for "adcom", it is the abbreviation of "admission committee".
作者: applebees    时间: 2003-3-28 06:55
Thank you fei. But how come there are two kinds of interviews? Can you decide if you want to take admission committee interview or alumni one? How come there is a alumni interview? I am a newbie to MBA. Thanks

以下是引用feifeifeifei在2003-3-28 6:16:00的发言:
Applebees,

To quote someone's post, just go to his post and touch the bottom of "引用".

As for "adcom", it is the abbreviation of "admission committee".

作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-3-28 10:47
以下是引用applebees在2003-3-28 6:10:00的发言:
Can you tell us some detailed info on how to make resume attractive? What advice did they give you, can you let us know too?

1. Better arranging your Resume, make it clear and brief
2. Presenting achievement instead of responsibility
3. Using nummber and quatation

成功的申请可以帮助你按自己的条件进入最合适的学校,是不可忽视的一项,个人简历是反映一个申请者自身情况的材料。国外绝大多数的学校都要求申请者提供,并作为审查批准入学的重要依据之一。
  个人简历的英译很多,如“Personnel Vita”、“Autobiographical Statement”、“Personal Statement”、“Autobiography”、“Resume”。其中“Resume”写法稍有不同。个人简历一般应简要写明本人所受教育、专业兴趣、工作经历、所取得的成绩及家庭背景。
  有关个人简历写作的注意要点。综合各校的要求,特做如下分析:
  1. 个人简历的结构可分为三或四个段落。第一段落简单交待自己的个人情况,如姓名、出生时间及地点、家庭背景等。良好的家庭教育对你的成才当然有利。但美国对此不很重视,一般可以不写。第二段可以围绕你的求学经过来展开,但不要用流水帐式的写法使叙述过于生硬刻板。第三段以你的大学生活为主,你为何选此学科,可以与前面的叙述相呼应。第四段要说明你个人的能力、性格。
  2. 内容要着重在你留学的动机,目前所取得的成绩,你终生的目标。
  3. 个人简历避免过多的形容词,例如,想象力十分丰富、创造力超群等,宜举小小的例子来说明。
  4. 个人简历约200-300字为可,不宜写得太长。

作者: feifeifeifei    时间: 2003-3-28 13:28
以下是引用applebees在2003-3-28 6:55:00的发言:
Thank you fei. But how come there are two kinds of interviews? Can you decide if you want to take admission committee interview or alumni one? How come there is a alumni interview? I am a newbie to MBA. Thanks

In general, there are three kinds of interviews-----on-campus one(that is, admission committee interview), alumni interview(that is, an interview that alumni in your area conduct with you), and telephone interview(that is, an interview that admission committee conducts with you via telephone). The alumni interview and telephone interview apply to those who have difficulty to conduct an on-campus one. However, the options of interview really depends on each school's policy. For example, Michigan applies all of them, but this year Yale strongly recommends an on-campus interview.

Hopefully it helps.
作者: applebees    时间: 2003-3-29 02:47
从你写的看,你觉得简历是写成文章的样式,是论述的。可我怎么觉得应是罗列式的,如:
1. Education
19**-19**  ****大学
19**-20**  ****大学
2. Working experience
1999-2001 XXX公司     作YYYY工作。介绍工作情况
2001-2003 TTTTT公司  作YYYY工作。介绍工作情况
3. Professional skills
Java, C++, ....
4. Reference

因为我在美国找工作,申请第一个研究生学位时就是这样的简历。难道MBA要求不同?
一下是我要申请的MBA的简历要求,有何良策?
"Please attach a current resume. In particular, provide detailed information on work experience including position held, names of organizations, and dates of employement."

以下是引用Jeffrey-N在2003-3-28 10:47:00的发言:

1. Better arranging your Resume, make it clear and brief
2. Presenting achievement instead of responsibility
3. Using nummber and quatation

成功的申请可以帮助你按自己的条件进入最合适的学校,是不可忽视的一项,个人简历是反映一个申请者自身情况的材料。国外绝大多数的学校都要求申请者提供,并作为审查批准入学的重要依据之一。
  个人简历的英译很多,如“Personnel Vita”、“Autobiographical Statement”、“Personal Statement”、“Autobiography”、“Resume”。其中“Resume”写法稍有不同。个人简历一般应简要写明本人所受教育、专业兴趣、工作经历、所取得的成绩及家庭背景。
  有关个人简历写作的注意要点。综合各校的要求,特做如下分析:
  1. 个人简历的结构可分为三或四个段落。第一段落简单交待自己的个人情况,如姓名、出生时间及地点、家庭背景等。良好的家庭教育对你的成才当然有利。但美国对此不很重视,一般可以不写。第二段可以围绕你的求学经过来展开,但不要用流水帐式的写法使叙述过于生硬刻板。第三段以你的大学生活为主,你为何选此学科,可以与前面的叙述相呼应。第四段要说明你个人的能力、性格。
  2. 内容要着重在你留学的动机,目前所取得的成绩,你终生的目标。
  3. 个人简历避免过多的形容词,例如,想象力十分丰富、创造力超群等,宜举小小的例子来说明。
  4. 个人简历约200-300字为可,不宜写得太长。

作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-3-29 22:29
Yes, you are right! But what I mentioned is the content, not the form.
作者: hunterzhou    时间: 2003-3-31 14:16
3 years listed Co, 0.5 year big 4 w/e, g720, twe 6, t627, Master degree in China, tried two 10-20 Univ. one addmision, one ding.
作者: hunterzhou    时间: 2003-3-31 15:22
3 years listed Co, 0.5 year big 4 w/e, g720, awa 6, t627, Master degree in China, tried two 10-20 Univ. one addmision, one ding.

作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-3-31 23:08
hunterzhou bro, quite good, any financial aids there?
作者: pegasus_BMW    时间: 2003-4-1 01:15
First, you should be outstanding.
Second. you should let the school know you are outstanding.
Third, luck.
作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-4-1 14:15
Right!? Before you applying, you should make a investigation, studying different school's differt preferance. Every school has its own admission standdard, some pay attention to acdemic, such as MIT, CMU, other like experienced one, like Michigan, Yele. So the best way is using your strong point to fit for your dream school!

Good luck, finally!
作者: hunterzhou    时间: 2003-4-3 19:07
Jeffrey-N :

CMU provides no financial aid to any international student, which is a pity. For this reason, I ding it.

作者: wannafly    时间: 2003-4-5 04:45
找工作,申请MBA,申请PHD的简历各不相同。
作者: feifeifeifei    时间: 2003-4-5 04:56
以下是引用hunterzhou在2003-4-3 19:07:00的发言:
Jeffrey-N :

CMU provides no financial aid to any international student, which is a pity. For this reason, I ding it.

Then what is your other offer? Have you accepted it?
作者: kathy03    时间: 2003-4-5 16:20
1,What kind of schools should I apply for? Should I focus on those business schools ranked 20 to 30
GMAT- 700, Toefl-646, Working Experience 7.5yrs, Now is a brand manager with a famous foreign company.

2, I would like to meet some friends here who will apply for the entry of 2004Fall.
3, Should I prepare application now and how?
作者: Robertyin    时间: 2003-4-6 11:55
4.5 years listed MNC w/e, g660, t627, Master of engineering from China. Applied 2 second tier, 1 third tier, all admitted.

I believe the fit is very important when you choose the school. Whether the school is fit for your experience, goals, interest and background are all the concerns. I choose second tier school because it is more realistic for me for both an admission and a financial aid.

In order to get financial aid in top schools, your GMAT has to be much higher than mine, haha. Mine is just too low for top school’s financial aid. I got assistantship from one of the second tier schools though. That is great news for me. (Without some relieve from assistantship, I just can’t image where I can get 80k USD for two year study, that is a lot of money!). But if you are rich and do not care about money, then this will not be a concern at all.

My resume is adjusted based on the target schools’ format. I get some resumes from current students of that school and then fine-tuned mine to that format and content. I believe it plays a big part to attract the admission committee's attention. Anyway, you have to show your progress in your career. Say, you grow from an engineer to a team leader to a manager in an organization or different companies.

Essay is very important too. If you are applying operation management, then give some case on how you resolve the operational conflicts or tough issues in an organization. Same concept applies to other concentrations. Of course, you have to show your leadership, teamwork skills working in a diversified team in your essay too.

Recommendation: Again, you need put in some specific cases to demonstrate your leadership, teamwork skill or some other special skills in your work place/research project or community service, which will prove what you have mentioned in your essays.  

Interview, this is also important, haha, everything is important! You have to show your strong ability to communicate, lead and confidence. If you can’t even express yourself in a convincible manner, it will be hard for the admission committee to feel comfortable to grant you a teaching assistant or project assistant position or even an admission. Because they expect you actively contribute to the program when you are in a team discussion or project.  

Well, a lot of things need to consider. Just my personal experience for this half-year application process.

Good luck!

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-4-6 12:08:44编辑过]

作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-4-6 12:39
Robertyin bro, thank you and congradulations!

Your experiences is a bit similar with me, Engineering background, 5 years WE, GMAT 700-, and got 2nd tier schools with some scholarship. So I think GMAT is quite important as someone considesed, valuble working experiences, elaborate essays and good interview can help your application very much!
作者: jamiw75    时间: 2003-4-9 01:35
2nd tier is 20-50?
作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-4-10 00:02
2nd tier is 30-50! 3rd tier is 50-70! In business week!
作者: Jeffrey-N    时间: 2003-4-10 23:57
MBA申请指南

一、了解自己  

希腊雅典帕德嫩神庙前有一石碑上刻有千古警句“了解自己”,此正是申请MBA的万里长征第一步。了解自己,是为了总结自己过去所走过的道路,自己在知识和经验上之长短,未来事业之方向与擅长,然后设计自己在MBA学习中的行业与知识倾向,并加以扬长避短,形成自己一枝独秀的风格。此处的风格,既包括专业上的精深广博,亦包括品行修养上的进阶。  

不少本科研习理工的朋友总有类似疑惑:自己是否适合攻读MBA?毕业后的方向是什么?而实际上,拥有理工基础,缜密的逻辑头脑,然后结合MBA学习中的完整的商业体系知识,恰恰为最完美之组合。这类人才无论未来进入大公司,咨询领域或是自己创业,均是不可多得的人才。同时,了解自己更包含理解自己在与人交往、领导管理等方面的风格等等,然后综合分析,做出选择。  

二、商学院的选择  

选择商学院,我们首先会想到北美主要杂志对于商学院的排名,主要包括US News & Reports、Business Week、WSJ以及Financial Times。 此四刊物排名较为权威,朋友们可以作为参考。  

对于考虑专心花费两年时间和大量金钱修习MBA的同学来言,排名优秀的MBA商学院意味者高水平的学习条件、教授队伍、高层次的同学以及享用终生的名校声誉,因此,为此多花费一些时间来提高自己的GMAT成绩,多花费一些金钱,从长远角度来看,“钱有所值”。  

三、GMAT与TOEFL对MBA的重要性  

对于申请MBA的中国同学而言,GMAT和TOEFL的学习均不可缺少。其中,TOEFL作为基本语言交流运用能力的考核,在录取过程中的参考作用会远低于GMAT成绩,但优秀的商学院依然会设立一个基本线,以便淘汰英文水平存在差距的申请人。通常这一基本线会在620-630分左右,如果低于此线,就需要在其它申请资料上加强以增加录取机会。  

在此之上,GMAT成绩会作为MBA商学院录取的最基本考核条件。优秀的GMAT成绩通常是进入MBA学习的第一步,一流商学院的录取条件在680-700之间。基于GMAT考试在时间和内容上的延续和稳定性,录取委员会往往在参考申请人本科成绩的同时,更加重视申请人的GMAT成绩。  

GMAT考试的重心在考核考试人的英文运用水平的基础上,更多的时间在于考核英文的高等论证推理写作和思维能力,因此,就要求考试人在逻辑和思维能力上下大功夫来提高。通过对于GMAT不同形式题目的强化,考生可以在两三个月的时间内迅速提高自己的水平。

四,申请材料准备  

商学院的申请材料通常会包括:申请表、Essays、Reference Letters、本科成绩单、学位证书、Resume及TOEFL和GMAT成绩;其中,最为重要的是Essays和GMAT成绩。而Essays是MBA录取委员会考察申请人是否具备MBA学习能力和水平的主要标尺。  

●Essays的写作  
在Essays的写作上,了解申请材料上对Essay题目所涉及的内容及希望了解的内容十分重要。任何一间学校通过Essays对MBA申请人能力的考察基本包括以下5个方面:1)个人的主要学习和工作经历;2)对于MBA的理解以及与背景的结合;3)对于所申请的商学院以及学习方向的理解及计划;4)个人在哪些方面会为MBA课程以及同学带来附加值;5)MBA毕业后对于未来事业的计划与设计。  

建议申请人在开始Essays写作之前,首先对于自己的个人经历、性格、管理能力和经验以及未来的发展做通盘考虑,经过深思熟虑,形成自己独特的思维过程,然后由此入手,开始Essays的写作。  

●其它申请材料  
其它申请材料也需认真准备,其中尤其需要详细推敲的是Reference Letter和Resume。Reference Letter是他人对于申请人个人能力、水平的主要鉴定,需要对症下药,突出申请人攻读MBA的最主要的方面,如Teamwork、Leadership、Perseverence、Understading和Adaptability等等。  

建议申请人对MBA课程安排、学院风格进行研究,然后,在自己的申请材料中针对所需,强调自己在以上所述的各方面的能力。  

五、Interview及录取  

那些已经通过第一轮审核的申请人,特别是拥有国际背景的学生,往往需要准备参加学校的Interview。其目的主要在于考察申请人的语言交流能力、基本情况是否属实以及其它情况。此时,申请人尽可自然发挥,对自己的基本情况进行描述,这也是争取主动、表现自己的最佳机会。  

通常,在申请中要注意学校的截止日期(Deadline),不要错过而丧失一年宝贵时间。在录取之后,自己也需早准备,提早预习相关知识,特别是在Accounting方面,要尽早下功夫准备.

作者: Springwater    时间: 2003-4-23 21:56
Well, I get an interview opportunity. Can anyone share with me what's the flow of interview? What kind of question they will ask?
作者: wwwzzz    时间: 2003-5-14 15:12
Back in 2001, I did a poor poor application and got 5 dings.

There was little problem with- my G/T/college scores (I would say they're very good) or "poet" background (people with exactly the same background got into my dream school the previous year) or experience (fastest promotion and top performance, backed up by recomms from current boss, and better than average extra-cirricular activities). Actually I think it's the same for most applicants. Their "hardware" (scores/background/experience) alone won't keep them out. What matters most is the so-called "software", i.e. how much they put into application.

My failure should attribute to:

1) Lack of confidence leading to an overall "humble" tone in presentation of essays: not aggressive enough, not demonstrating the "best" of me;

2) Bad time management: too many hours spent in researching and BBS browsing, too little in actual writing and thinking.
作者: wwwzzz    时间: 2003-5-14 15:14
To  Springwater: www.accepted.com offers good resources for interview preparation, incl. tips, common questions and interview experience.
作者: mosi1977    时间: 2003-5-15 23:09
The earlier the better.
作者: Smallant    时间: 2003-6-3 09:09
各位DX:
May I ask whether non-MBA graduate application need interview? If yes, where can I have some valuable experiences?

Thanks.
作者: lewis    时间: 2003-6-3 09:28
以下是引用Smallant在2003-6-3 9:09:00的发言:
各位DX:
May I ask whether non-MBA graduate application need interview? If yes, where can I have some valuable experiences?

Thanks.
as i know, most such programes have no interview requirement; but some may ask for a phone interview. If you are interested in Business-related Master or PHD programs ,you can refere to this post: http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=14&ID=325
作者: 飞雪    时间: 2003-6-15 22:20
因为还在担心签证问题,很久没有光顾申请区了,失职。我也说一下我的申请感受吧:

Background: W/E 5 years: 2 years in a manufacturing JV, 3 years in a small JV.
G: 750
T:610
GPA:2.3
本人的申请属于硬伤一片,T不高,GPA就更低。申请时的工作职位也不是很好,才是一个project coordinator/sales assistant. 申请开始也很晚,选校非常匆忙。一共申请4所US学校,top 10 1个,top 20 1个, top 30 两个。结果:top 10 waitlist, top 30: 1 admission.

得出的教训:要尽早开始收集学校信息,尽早开始申请以争取面试机会。对于申请各部分的重要性上面有很多大牛已经说很多了。而我认为自己能够成功关键是在于重视与朋友和其他人的交流,GR第三申请小组同志们的帮助是我成功的开始。而与朋友的交流是我挖掘essay写作材料的关键。说句实话,我刚开始申请的时候对自己的确比较没信心,而整个申请过程就是我树立信心的过程,深刻的挖掘自己的优势和优点所在。个人认为US的b-school的确不只是看重high title,而是注重一个人的potential,所以大家一定不要因为自己的工作经历不够牛就失去信心,进行一下soul searching,告诉自己我就是最好的.

我认为面试是申请中最关键的环节,我想自己之所以还能在top 10的waitlist上应该是有面试的功劳,这也是我申请中获得的唯一的面试机会。所以大家要尽早申请,从而能赶上学校open interview的季节。还有另外一点是我申请结束之后最深刻的感受:我深信语言是相通的,中文写作功底好的人,英文也一定可以写出好的东西来,也可以感染阅读的人,唯一需要注意的是英文的思维方式略有不同。英文喜欢开门见山,而中文更含蓄些,所以写作的时候应该略加调整。(要注明一下,呵呵,不是我说自己的中文写作好,我是得益于BF的中文功底。)
作者: westwood    时间: 2003-6-27 14:29
To 飞雪:

when you did not have good work experience, How did you sale yourself , How did you let them know you are potentai,And how did you answer their questions during the interview? I am really want to share these experience with you since I don't have good experience either...

作者: 飞雪    时间: 2003-6-28 23:54
To Westwood:

I did not have good position in the application season, and only was promoted this March, when UNC's ding letter was on the way. Regarding how to sell myself, the important thing is you may not in a manager's position, but you did have some good experience in management. I digged out some experience which can show my creativity, my talent in management, my own advantages, as rational, quick learner etc. Try to find out everything that makes yourself feel proud, both from work, study, and personal life. They can judge your potential from the essays you present to them.

Interview is actually related to the essay questions, just express the answers in oral English way. Do mock interviews with others, it is better to find someone does have good management experience and can give you constructive suggestions.

You should say that you don't have good position, but not you don't have good experience, you do have and you need to find out them by yourself.

作者: Shuzhen    时间: 2003-7-9 10:17
如果说一个人的GPA是2.3,最后竟然上了Top 30,那么这个人肯定准备的很充分、申请的很科学、工作经验有质量、面试表现很出色,所以才能一剑穿喉。恭喜飞雪。
作者: littlegirl    时间: 2003-8-12 16:02
以下是引用ypzhng在2003-3-25 6:30:00的发言:
graduated from send level niu xiao too. also a us lao xiao. 4 yr w/e. g 700. got two fellowship (one tier 2 and one tier 3), two ads (, tier 2 and tier 3 each, waiting for money, chances are small for tier 2). one top 30, ad only , 3 rejections (top 20, tier 2, 3 each), others no info so far

请问你这里的FELLOWSHIP是指学费+生活费吗?谢谢!
作者: lifucius    时间: 2003-8-16 17:37
有没有用专业顾问帮自己准备资料的,包括essay?这样有什么缺点啊。我工作太忙了,根本没有时间准备这些东西,我也不想这么早辞职。象我这种情况要注意哪些事情啊?
作者: qinmiju    时间: 2003-8-31 18:34
请教斑竹,飞雪及各位DX:
我刚拿到G成绩单750,T647,GPA3.2。自信也有足够潜力,与人沟通和团队合作。三年知名国企国际采购经历。老板早就想提升我,可是大家也知道国企的体制啦,还没等到机会。可是我的弱点有二:第一与你一样没有好的职位让简历引人注目;第二我本科专业是英文,会影响到我的申请吗?Actually I didn't attend any advanced math courses,although I got 50 in math of my GMAT.
Thank you in advance!!
作者: chipmunk    时间: 2003-9-1 08:05
School doesn't care about your major very much. Your W/E is much more important. Honestly lacking of Fortune 500 W/E will somewhat impact your chance at top-3 (H/S/W). However, you are very competitive in the rest of schools.
作者: qinmiju    时间: 2003-9-1 09:54
Thank you for you response,chipmunk.But does that necessarily mean I should shift my focus to 2 or 3 tier shools insteand of 1 tier?
作者: chipmunk    时间: 2003-9-1 12:54
Haha, I'm not sure which school is considered tier-1 in your mind. What I was saying is that you're just less competitive for H/S/W. For other schools, you are very strong. Of course you should apply some tier-2 schools for backup.
作者: 飞雪    时间: 2003-9-1 17:30
以下是引用qinmiju在2003-8-31 18:34:00的发言:
请教斑竹,飞雪及各位DX:
我刚拿到G成绩单750,T647,GPA3.2。自信也有足够潜力,与人沟通和团队合作。三年知名国企国际采购经历。老板早就想提升我,可是大家也知道国企的体制啦,还没等到机会。可是我的弱点有二:第一与你一样没有好的职位让简历引人注目;第二我本科专业是英文,会影响到我的申请吗?Actually I didn't attend any advanced math courses,although I got 50 in math of my GMAT.
Thank you in advance!!

从我个人的经历而言,我相信你应该可以申请到不错的学校,当然前提是你的essay和推荐信都很吸引人。你的背景看起来还是比我还强的,除了工作时间比我短(说来不好意思,呵呵,混了5年居然还没被提升,不知道学校当初怎么看上我的)。保持你的自信,充分展示你自己的领导能力,good luck to your application.
作者: qinmiju    时间: 2003-9-3 18:11
Thank you,Chipmunk & Feixue!! Thanks a lot for your advice.  

Chipmunk:I refer to top 30 as 1 tier school(actually i learn this from Chasedream Do you guys mean havard/stanford/wharton by h/s/w?That is a question I wanted to ask for a long time...

Feixue:Thank you for the encouragement!!I feel happy to have your opinion
作者: tracyli77    时间: 2003-9-4 23:26
I just passed the Gmat gmat 700-, toefl 620. GPA 3.2. I will prepare the essay and reference letter. I worked in a bank for 3 years. I want to apply no.40-50 business schools.
I will prepare for the essay and reference letters, but I really don't know how to write them.what's more, I don't know anyone who studied in the business school. where could I find some essay for reference.我中文的写作功底很差,跟别说英文了.
希望大家能帮帮我!thanks.

作者: lewis    时间: 2003-9-5 08:34
以下是引用tracyli77在2003-9-4 23:26:00的发言:
I just passed the Gmat gmat 700-, toefl 620. GPA 3.2. I will prepare the essay and reference letter. I worked in a bank for 3 years. I want to apply no.40-50 business schools.
I will prepare for the essay and reference letters, but I really don't know how to write them.what's more, I don't know anyone who studied in the business school. where could I find some essay for reference.我中文的写作功底很差,跟别说英文了.
希望大家能帮帮我!thanks.

tracyli,
First, work hard to improve your English as better as possible.
Second, don't worry about the essays and resume. Here we have plenty of information for you to get youself konow the game. FYI, http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=13&ID=7128
Good luck.
作者: tracyli77    时间: 2003-9-5 09:58
Lewis, thanks a lot! ni shi hao ren.
作者: merrylili    时间: 2003-9-11 04:18
大家看我有戏吗?

G:750, T should be able to be waived although I got 653 4 years ago. undergraduate-GPA is 3.4-3.5 from a 2-tier University in China. I have already got a Chemistry Master from a US 2-tier University, and GPA is 3.4.  Only 1 year w/e in an international manufacturing company, which is not famous to all but is well known in our field. Position is the lowest, research chemist. No management and finance background in current company at all, some leadership in Under though.

Any chance to be got into top 20 ? Any suggestions, examples and encourage? Thanks in advance!

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3