搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: cannedpineapple
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Ask Jason@沃顿 (my essays inside!) Free essay advice again~

[精华]   [复制链接]
131#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-14 23:01:01 | 只看该作者
Nah.. you don't suddenly just become the largest B-school without first hiring more professors and expanding the campus, at the very least.

Definitely doesn't happen in just two years.
132#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-15 00:45:32 | 只看该作者
*NEW**

大家好!
我正在做一个教育的项目,想创业,希望大家能够帮我填一分很短的市场调查。只要点击此链接就能行了。它非常的短,不到15项问题,估计只需花不到三分钟时间完成。

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/skillsharing

真的希望大家能帮助完成这个调查,协助我能够更清楚的了解市场情况。

若想讨论调查的内容,欢迎你联系我 , email: jason.teo.wg10(在) gmail.com

重复一次,链接是:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/skillsharing

cheers,
Jason
133#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-22 09:27:42 | 只看该作者
Tips on the Behavioural Interview

Recently Wharton has rolled out a new behavioural interview format. We are focusing on what a person has done, why they have done it, and how they have done it.

However this type of interview format is not unique to Wharton. You know you're in a behavioural interview when the questions begin with "Tell me about a time when you..."

So how should you answer this? A few tips:

1) Describe, describe, describe. Make your answers comprehensive. If you don't tell enough, they won't have enough to report.

2) Focus not just on WHAT you did, but WHY it was a good or bad idea, and HOW you came to that conclusion. After all, they're trying to see whether you'll do well in future situations. So Why and How is far more important than What, in order for them to predict your future performance.

3) Watch your body language. One key aspect of professionalism is the ability to convince others. Try and think about the last time someone tried to recite a memorised speech to you, or if they were very unnaturally trying to remember words. I bet you weren't convinced. Similarly, if you don't look passionate and your words don't sound natural, they'll start to wonder why you're hesitating. At best they'll think your English could use some work (not really a big problem- as long as you understand each other). But more likely they begin to suspect that you're using a fabricated story.

PS, the best way to look natural is to practice, practice, practice, without memorising.

4) Go for diversity of character traits. In your different stories, be sure to portray different parts of yourself. You need to show you're resourceful, analytical, persuasive, etc etc. So, one level deeper than the "why" and the "how", be sure to think- what does this particular "why" or "how" SHOW about me?

5) Don't be afraid of saying too much. Tell a story, and immerse your interviewer in it. Even if you sense from their body language that they're starting to drift, don't worry. The interviewer might just be very tired. One of my classmates had a fifteen minute interview with an interview who looked very tired and disinterested. But she got in. So just keep talking, unless the interviewer stops you with another question because he thinks you're going off track.

The behavioural interview is almost like a case study- but it's a case study of you.

Good luck!
Jason
134#
发表于 2010-10-24 15:33:11 | 只看该作者
wharton今年的面试是behavioral interview???
135#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-24 18:35:23 | 只看该作者
Yes.
136#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-24 18:37:50 | 只看该作者
BTW, what the behavioural interview means:

The interviewer will be passing far less judgment on issues like 'I like this guy, he's friendly', 'I know his industry, and he analyses it well', etc. Instead, they'll focus on describing how you dealt with your issue (ie, your 'story').

In short, choosing an interviewer becomes far less important than before, because even if you have a lot in common, he won't get a chance to explore it or write about it in detail. Bear this in mind if you're interviewing for Wharton, or for any other school that leans heavily on the behavioural interview.
137#
发表于 2010-10-29 09:50:32 | 只看该作者
hi, jason, can you introduce rotman b-school, as so many students know little about canada mba program.

how about rotman's ranking and employment? the strength of rotman.

tks
138#
发表于 2010-11-6 20:46:32 | 只看该作者
Hi Jason,

with the new behavioural interview,  does it mean there would be little difference between adcom interview and alumni interview ?

And do you know the acceptance rate of candidates interviewed last year ?

many thanks
BTW, what the behavioural interview means:

The interviewer will be passing far less judgment on issues like 'I like this guy, he's friendly', 'I know his industry, and he analyses it well', etc. Instead, they'll focus on describing how you dealt with your issue (ie, your 'story').

In short, choosing an interviewer becomes far less important than before, because even if you have a lot in common, he won't get a chance to explore it or write about it in detail. Bear this in mind if you're interviewing for Wharton, or for any other school that leans heavily on the behavioural interview.
-- by 会员 jelt2359 (2010/10/24 18:37:50)

139#
发表于 2010-11-7 13:00:29 | 只看该作者
I think last year's acceptance rate for interviewed candidates is 50-30, 50% interviewed, 30% accepted..
but am hearing 40-40 number and even 30-50, which bodes well for the interviewees...
140#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-8 14:12:23 | 只看该作者
Yes, little difference between adcom vs alumni, since we're now being asked to focus on more objective measures and less subjective ones.

As for the number, I have no idea... I don't really keep track of stats that aren't really helpful. Even if it's 40% or 50%, so what? When you consider that

1) there are multiple rounds (is it 40% or 50% in R1, or R2, or R3, or mixed, etc?);
2) that there are different numbers of candidates from each place/culture (does 40% apply to applicants from Singapore? from Banking? Chinese students in the US? Entrepreneurs from Africa? Consultants in Brazil? etc);
3) that the interview is not the only nor main component being evaluated (ie a bad interview does not mean you're out; and a good interview doesn't mean you're in.)

This number is hence basically useless to me, so I don't even ask the adcom about it.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-8 12:52
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部