ChaseDream
搜索
12345下一页
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 20552|回复: 40
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[录取汇报] 选校求助 Kellogg (with $90k) vs. MIT Sloan (w/o scholarship)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-1-1 10:37:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本人女,28, 美本,3年healthcare VC (Bay Area), 2年biotech marketing/strategy经验 (Shanghai and Bay Area, manager level), 毕业后想去management consulting/product management (healthcare or IT), long-term想创业/做VC。Round 1申请了5所,rejected by H/S/W, In@ Kellogg (with $90k) and MIT Sloan (w/o scholarship)

想听听各位真诚的意见应该如何选择。非常感谢!

补充:也申请了Tuck EA, 录取没有奖学金,虽然Tuck也很心仪,但是因为本科学校类似,想去个大点的学校所以准备不去了。如果你被Tuck waitlist了请联系我,也许我可以帮到。

Added on Jan 2, 2014:

My understanding is that the both schools are big on collaboration, are equal in ranking, and have almost equal alumni presence in Bay Area (where my boyfriend is). And I'm trying not cloud my judgement with the undeniably very generous scholarship offered by Kellogg (almost equal to $130k pre-tax income). My own thoughts:

Kellogg:
pros: More well-rounded and esp. strong in general management (which opens door to almost any career options other than maybe finance), larger and more engaged alumni network, looks more fun and stylish..
cons: weaker in finance (given my long-term goal to go back to investment), weaker on the analytical/quantitative side

MIT Sloan:
pros: stronger parent institution (more likely to meet potential business partners from engineering schools, for example), stronger in tech/biotech entrepreneurship, Boston!
cons: weaker in areas outside of tech entrepreneurship...weaker training on soft skills (that's just my initial impression but I could be totally wrong..)

I will visit both schools in February and would really appreciate more of your input in the meantime (esp. if you are a current student/alum of either school). Thanks!!
收藏收藏6 收藏收藏6
沙发
发表于 2014-1-1 11:19:06 | 只看该作者
顶kellogg
板凳
发表于 2014-1-1 12:59:00 | 只看该作者
恭喜楼主~如果去MC的话肯定是Kellogg更合适啊~加上还有那么大大大大大的奖学金,
地板
发表于 2014-1-1 13:34:26 | 只看该作者
lz Cong 和 新年快乐!

两个都是牛逼学校,我是申master的本科小孩儿就不跟着瞎掺和了,在申MIT MFin,对男神买买提都是爱。

不过看lz的cg,觉得短期目标似乎K更好,长期目标的话虽说好似Sloan更好,但是lz可再工作的时候为长期目标做极其充足的准备,加之K给了好多钱,故我的话会选K。

另外我觉得lz也可以考虑和学校的culture,我不太了解K,但肯定和Sloan不一样我相信。。。所以看lz觉得哪里更fit了。

PS lz我现在在一VC实习,最近也在看些mHealth的项目,对Healthcare也很想多学习了解,如果可以的话可否加Q,我私信你~ 谢谢

anywho,祝一切顺利!
5#
发表于 2014-1-1 13:42:29 | 只看该作者
两家我比较偏好Sloan, 对Kellogg不感冒.
不过不可否认两家都是top schools, you can't go wrong with either one, so with the money I'd take Kellogg, unless 90k means nothing to you and you have a special thing for Sloan (then you won't be asking this question here)... So Kellogg it is.
6#
发表于 2014-1-1 15:18:18 | 只看该作者
chengzaaaa 发表于 2014-1-1 13:34
lz Cong 和 新年快乐!

两个都是牛逼学校,我是申master的本科小孩儿就不跟着瞎掺和了,在申MIT MFin,对 ...

哇,求和大神交流,我的微信xingn1991,麻烦加一下
7#
发表于 2014-1-1 19:48:59 | 只看该作者
Kellogg 90K? 还想啥啊这价钱只有H和S还有可能拼一下。。。
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-1-2 05:43:14 | 只看该作者
Thank you, everyone!

My understanding is that the both schools are big on collaboration, are equal in ranking, and have almost equal alumni presence in Bay Area (where my boyfriend is). And I'm trying not cloud my judgement with the undeniably very generous scholarship offered by Kellogg (almost equal to $130k pre-tax income). My own thoughts:

Kellogg:
pros: More well-rounded and esp. strong in general management (which opens door to almost any career options other than maybe finance), larger and more engaged alumni network, looks more fun and stylish..
cons: weaker in finance (given my long-term goal to go back to investment), weaker on the analytical/quantitative side

MIT Sloan:
pros: stronger parent institution (more likely to meet potential business partners from engineering schools, for example), stronger in tech/biotech entrepreneurship, Boston!
cons: weaker in areas outside of tech entrepreneurship...weaker training on soft skills (that's just my initial impression but I could be totally wrong..)

I will visit both schools in February and would really appreciate more of your input in the meantime (esp. if you are a current student/alum of either school). Thanks!!
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-1-2 05:50:43 | 只看该作者
chengzaaaa 发表于 2014-1-1 13:34
lz Cong 和 新年快乐!

两个都是牛逼学校,我是申master的本科小孩儿就不跟着瞎掺和了,在申MIT MFin,对 ...

Hello chengzaaa,

Thank you for your thoughts on school selection.
Please add me on weixin: 18916137286.
10#
发表于 2014-1-2 11:21:19 | 只看该作者
dcc617 发表于 2014-1-1 19:48
Kellogg 90K? 还想啥啊这价钱只有H和S还有可能拼一下。。。

可不是。。。这奖学金大概在学校历史上都没先例吧!
何况K在PE/VC的presence也很强。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 18:58
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部