看完可爱的小熊猫后,来学习制定一个ideal day,学习如何拥有一个超效率工作日。
越障,又是一个tough,大繁至简,或许最高的管理境界就是一切直线式程序化,加点管理者艺术化。

Part I: Speaker

Article 1
Philip Zimbardo prescribes a healthy take on time

[Rephrase1]

[Speech, 7:07]

Souece: TED
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/zh-cn/philip_zimbardo_prescribes_a_healthy_take_on_time.html?embed=true

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-4 21:42:54 | 显示全部楼层
Part II: Speed

Article 2
How China's booming panda business works

[time2]
Pandas are a big business -- both for China and the zoos lucky enough to score a visitor. They can also be extremely expensive.
At last count in 2004, there were about 1,600 pandas alive in the wild, according to the World Wildlife Fund. Around 350 pandas live under human care at zoos or breeding centers globally, and roughly 50 of those bears are outside China.
China retains ownership of all the giant pandas around the world, which are selectively loaned to other countries. The fee for a pair is usually $1 million a year, with funds going toward conservation efforts in China. Rentals typically last for 10 years, with a renewal option.

Cost of raising pandas

Caring for a panda can easily cost over $1 million a year, said Dave Towne, president of the Giant Panda Conservation Foundation for North America. Aside from trainers and medical care, pandas need to eat -- and they're fussy customers who eat a lot.
Scotland's two pandas chomp through nearly 40,000 pounds, or more than $100,000, of imported, organic bamboo a year. Hong Kong's pandas, on the other hand, are locavores, eating five different species of bamboo grown in Southern China. Bamboo shortages are also a risk: A few years ago, the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. sought bamboo donations as it pandas had munched too quickly through their supply.
Pandas are only able to absorb 17% of the nutrients, and since they're quite heavy -- sometimes weighing 300 pounds -- they tend to sleep for 12 hours a day to conserve energy, said Suzanne Gendron, director of the Ocean Park Conservation Foundation in Hong Kong.
[273 words]

[Time3]
Baby tax and extra fees

Zoos are expected to make every effort to breed pandas. If newborn cubs live to about six months, centers are typically required to pay a $200,000 fee to China, Towne said. Because pandas are an endangered species, it's possible for countries or zoos that are very successful in breeding to negotiate a lower baby tax.
And once the cubs reach four years of age, they have to be returned to China.
But beware: If any of China's cuddly pandas die on your watch due to human error, be prepared to pay a $500,000 fine.

Pandas for trade

"Everyone wants a panda!" said Kathleen Buckingham, the lead author of a recent paper on panda diplomacy. "But China can't just start giving them to everyone; otherwise, they lose their charm, don't they? They wouldn't be rare."
So how does a country get some pandas? For starters, it helps if a nation has something China is interested in, such as advanced technology or natural resources. (Bonus points if you have both.) Recent panda loans have coincided with deals to supply uranium -- a fuel for nuclear energy -- foreign food and drink, and renewable energy technology.
A recently inked loan to Belgium is for 15 years, likely a record as far as panda loans go, Buckingham said. Belgium is now China's sixth-largest trading partner in the E.U., and bilateral trade grew to $26.3 billion in 2012.

[233 words]

[Time4]
Zoo selection

Aside from a strategic and economic interest, countries must prove that they have the technical capacity to house and breed pandas and are committed to conservation. In the U.S., zoos must also receive approval from the Fish and Wildlife Service to import pandas by demonstrating that public display of the pandas won't interfere with scientific research.
Appropriate facilities and expertise don't come cheaply. Belgium's two pandas will soon arrive, and an $11 million panda home is currently under construction. In Hong Kong, special caretakers were even sent for training at panda research centers in China.
Conservation projects in partnership with China have included habitat restoration and the study of breeding techniques. Research collaborations are also looking at how to reintroduce pandas into the wild.

Panda transport

After an agreement is settled, the pandas are flown to their destination with "first class treatment," sometimes on FedEx or UPS, said Towne. Singapore Airlines even operated a special flight to transport that country's pandas.
Takeoff and landing is carefully timed, depending on the season or the time of day, to ensure the fur balls are comfortable.
Pandas prefer a cooler climate -- around 10 to 20 degrees Celsius -- as their natural habitat are bamboo forests in the mountains of western China, said Gendron.

Your local panda

Pandas have been loaned to various zoos around the world. There are fewer than 50 pandas in zoos outside of China including in the U.S., Scotland, Canada, Thailand, Austria, Mexico, Spain, France, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Germany, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and soon Malaysia and Belgium.
As a species, they've met a whole host of world leaders and celebrities, including former U.S. Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, Queen Sofia of Spain, Shaquille O'Neal and Jackie Chan.
Since the exhibit opened in May, Toronto Zoo's pair of pandas have attracted more than 1 million visitors -- about what the zoo used to do over the course of an entire year.
[323 words]

Source: CNN Money
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/news/economy/2013/10/14/china-panda-business/index.html

Article 3
To-Do Lists Not Working? Try This Time-Management Alternative

BY Jason W. Womack

[Time5]
As 2013 marches forward, do you find yourself making another to-do list? Or are you spending time "getting organized"? Or are you buying a new app or tool to "make things easier"? Do you need to attend or call yet another meeting?

You are not alone.

These are ways people typically "manage" their time. But when you really look at the results, is your approach working for you? Are you happy with the speed at which you are moving toward your goals? Do you know what you are moving toward? Is it enough?

Asking questions like these can help you change to make your life more effective. Big questions can bring big changes. I've found over and over again that the best place to start defining what I want to change is by identifying what my "ideal" is for the projects in my life. For example, taking time to define what the "ideal" meeting might look like gives me a deeper understanding of what I might need to prepare to help make that ideal happen. By knowing what an "ideal" contact looks like for me, by having thought about it deeply ahead of time, I know "this is it" when I meet that person. . . and know when I don't hear my ideal as well. This simple step of identifying what is ideal for me makes my days unfold more effectively in the office and at home.

Before 2013 goes any further, give yourself the gift of understanding your ideal day. Take time to write even a draft of your vision. What you'll describe isn't "the" ideal day. . . rather, your vision is just one version of "an" ideal day for your life. How would you like your day to unfold?
[293 words]

[Time 6]
Imagining and writing about an ideal day for you may not be easy. My first time describing it was a challenge, too. Years of practicing have made the process easier, and the results I have seen from doing this exercise are well worth the time it takes. This practice started after a thought-provoking mentor once asked me, "Would you know a great day if you saw one?" Now, I don't expect any one day to unfold exactly as I have described it in my writings. But I can tell you that over the years, parts of my ideal day have happened and enhanced my life. Sometimes these moments of clarity have created even more dreams and goals as I see many of my described "ideals" unfold. This clarity is very powerful.

Now it's your turn. Write an "Ideal Day" scenario for yourself. Sit down and set a timer for 15 minutes. Now write. Begin describing the time of day when you have lots of energy and do your best work. Is that the morning for you? Or do you consider yourself a "night owl"? Pick the time of day when you could be at your best. What makes you your best? A hot breakfast? A good night's sleep? Ponder and write about your work, life, community, family and habits that would exist in your ideal day. What would your ideal day look, sound, and feel like. Include details so you "know it when you see (hear, feel) it."

Knowing what "ideal" means to you gives you a goal to work toward. Put your draft "ideal day" somewhere so you can see it, read about it, and ponder it, often. The life you are currently living is the result of accumulated thoughts, discussions, actions and experiences. If you want your life to be different, something must change. By writing what an "ideal" day might be for you the process of change begins. . . right here, right now. . . and you make your "best" even better.
[336 words]

Source :Entrepreneur  
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/225539#ixzz2mUwyy99A

本帖子中包含更多资源

x
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-4 21:42:55 | 显示全部楼层
   Part III: Obstacle

Article 4     
It’s complicated
Management thinkers disagree on how to manage complexity

[Paraphrase 7]
There can be few better places to talk about complexity than Vienna. This was the capital of the most complicated political organization yet seen: the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It was also the center of some of the most convoluted cold-war spy games. On November 14th and 15th hundreds of management enthusiasts converged on the Austrian capital to debate the subject. They had little interest in the complexities of the Habsburgs or the cold war. They were preoccupied instead by two points: that business is more complicated than ever before; and that managing complexity is at the top of businesspeople’s agenda.

Whether they were right about the first point is debatable. In the 18th century it took six months for letters to travel from East India House in London to Calcutta and back. Today, supply chains can be managed in real time, and masses of data can be crunched instantly at the touch of a button. But they were right about the second. Businesspeople are confronted by more of everything than ever before: this year’s Global Electronics Forum in Shanghai featured 22,000 new products. They have to make decisions at a faster pace: roughly 60% of Apple’s revenues are generated by products that are less than four years old. Therefore, they have a more uncertain future: Harvard Business School’s William Sahlman warns young entrepreneurs about “the big eraser in the sky” that can come down at any moment and “wipe out all their cleverness and effort”.

The Vienna conference—the fifth in an annual series to celebrate Peter Drucker’s work—produced two starkly different solutions to the complexity problem (Schumpeter is, of course, simplifying to avoid unnecessary complexity). The first is to recognise and accept that complexity is just a misnomer for a new sort of order. Don Tapscott, of “Wikinomics” fame, argued that the information revolution is replacing one kind of management (command-and-control) with another (based on self-organizing networks). John Hagel of Deloitte talked about the growing disconnect between “linear institutions and the non-linear world that is developing around us”.

Organizations built for this new world may look complex and unwieldy but they have an inner logic and powers of self-organization. Global networks such as Kiva, a crowd funding website, and Crisis Commons, which musters tech volunteers to help out in disasters like the Philippines typhoon, can mobilize thousands of people with little top-down direction. Accelerate, a call-center company, employs 20,000 people but has no call centers: they work from home. Such outfits suffer from complexity only when managers apply command-and-control techniques to them.

The second, rival solution to dealing with complexity is to impose simplicity. The bosses of Tupperware Brands and Tata Consultancy Services could hardly face more different challenges. Tupperware has 3m freelance salespeople, working everywhere from plush Austrian suburbs to Indian slums. TCS employs almost 300,000 people to solve complex technological problems. Rick Goings of Tupperware and Natarajan Chandrasekaran of TCS agreed that the only way to avoid being blinded by complexity is to concentrate on the few simple things that can give their businesses focus and their workers direction.

What to make of these two contrasting views of complexity? The first argument contains a kernel of truth. Massive computing power and fast internet speeds make it easier to create networked, devolved organizations like Kiva and Crisis Commons. But it is easy to get carried away. The most striking development of the past couple of decades is how well monolithic companies have survived the technological storm: the internet is now dominated by a handful of giant problem-solvers like Google, with its mission to organize all the world’s information.

The second view is more persuasive. It is striking how many of the world’s most successful businesses thrive on simplicity of some sort. German Mittelstand companies are doing well by focusing on narrow niches. Built-to-last companies, such as Coca-Cola, are masters of distilling their corporate identity into a simple formula which employees can internalize and customers can easily recognise. McDonald’s is a global success because its business model is so simple and replicable. Tim Brown, the boss of IDEO, argues that design companies like his are enjoying success by showing organizations how to “design complexity out”.

Simplistic about simplicity

The pursuit of simplicity can certainly be taken too far if it is applied in a simple-minded way. Focusing on simple targets can be counter-productive: for example, British police, told to improve their overall clear-up rates, have been criticised for devoting too much time to relatively minor offences such as speeding rather than more difficult crimes such as sexual assaults and gang-related killings. And applying the simplicity mantra to some kinds of businesses can be silly: there is no way that Boeing can engineer the complexity out of producing its Dreamliner jet.

However, there are good reasons why sensible CEOs like Mr Goings think as they do. The biggest threat to business almost always comes from too much complexity rather than too much simplicity. The conglomerates of the 1960s crumbled because they tried to manage too many businesses in too many different industries. Enron imploded because the company abandoned old-fashioned command-and-control in favor of fashionable ideas about running energy companies as if they were financial organizations. The banks were so bedazzled by complex mathematical formula(and corrupted by greed) that they lost sight of the simplest principles of banking. That old US Navy saying, “Keep it simple, stupid”, is not a bad rule for management too, simple-minded though it may sound.
[946words]

Source:Economist

http://www.economist.com/news/business/21590341-management-thinkers-disagree-how-manage-complexity-its-complicated

本帖子中包含更多资源

x
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-4 21:45:23 | 显示全部楼层
无耻的自沙了
Speaker;

Life is temptation.
The child who resisted the temptation in that time ,12 years later havre a good scores on SAT,and a high IQ.
Six Time perspective:

Past positive
past negative
present hedonism
present fatalism
future goal oriented
future transcendental   
The professor advice:

past positive>>>>>>high
Future         >>>>>>moderate high
present hedonism >>> moderate

past>>>>>>>>>>>> positive grounded
Future >>>>>>>>>> the wing
Present >>>>>>>>> energy
Idea is simple,but the consequence can be significant .

Speed   
Time2: 1m42s
China has the ownership of the panda outside.
The cost for the raising panda is high,including not only the rental,but also their big stomach consuming the bamboo.

Time3: 1m20s
If the panda give a birth, you should give money to china and return the little panda to china until they are 4 years old, however,if they baby panda died in your country,you have to pay expensive fine.
Only if you have something,technology,energy,and so on,  interested by china, china will give you panda.

Time4: 1m44s  
The zoo condition have rigid requirement for the receiptor country.
There are private flight for the panda’s trade.
Panda have meet many kinds of famous people and leaders.

Time5: 1m24s
Are you approaching your to do list? Do you want to a more efficient work and life? You are not alone.
Now it’s time to you imagine what is a ideal day,give a version and write down them.

Time6: 1m21s
Writing a ideal day is not a easy job for your first time, but when you familiar with this process,everything become easy and one day your ideal things will become true.
If you want to change, write a ideal day notes,out it in your conspicuous place.

Obstacle: 4m57s
Vienna is quit a complex place,and a conference about the two questions?
The business is becoming more complex? And the management have to face more and more complexity?
The first is debatable, but the second it’s really true. Everything faced by manager become more than complexity.
Here are two advice. First,accept the complex. Second ,make things simplicity.
The second is more persuasive.
Maybe sometimes, simplicity will made things stupid, or silly,or other things?
However,it is the complexity,not the simplicity broken many business done.
The financial was bedazzled because they abandoned the command-control type in favor of the fashioned style complexity.  
The simplicity is not a bad rule for management , keep simple stupid.   

发表于 2013-12-4 21:48:06 | 显示全部楼层
占~~~沙发就这么被瓜瓜自己坐了,无奈的坐个板凳
Speaker:Secret power of time.Life is temption.Time perspect:future forcus or present forcus.Some present forcus people make decision on immediate situaion and present hedonism.There are some factors in time perspective:past positive,future and present hedonism.Introduce what a balancing time perspective is.What future scrafice can bring success.It all depend on you choice.TP can apply on many world problems.
这大叔语速真快,也不停顿会儿让人理解下概念。。

01:26
Panda is a big bussiness for China.It is expensive to both gain a panda and raise a panda for other contries.

01:24
Zoos have to pay many fees to China for several reasons.If you want a panda,you need to have something that China is interesed in.

01:54
Countires must have a good zoo and breeding technology to get a panda.The transportation of panda is also specialized.There are fewer than 50 pandas out of china,but they attract lots to people.

01:43
A new method to manage time:asking questions such as these things can help me to change my life to a ideal place.

01:31
Writing down an ideal day will give you a goal to work toward.

06:56
Main Idea:Managing complexity is not a good thing to business.
There are two idea:1 business is more complicated than ever 2 managing complexity need to be fixed
The first idea is debatable,but the second is true.Then the article uses some examples to prove the idea.
Two solutions are discussed to solve the complexity problems.
1 Organization built.A well-built self-organization can decrease the complexity to some extent.
2 Impose simplicity.Bussiness should concentrate and forcus on a few simple things and direction.
But simplicity doesn't mean applying it ina simple-minded way.This may be worse.An example of UK police was given to show the idea.
Still some people use this defective method,because big problems come from too much complexity rather than too much simplicity.
发表于 2013-12-4 21:52:58 | 显示全部楼层
速抢,哈哈哈哈
Time 2
Panda consuming a lot of food and spent about 1 million a year percapital. Shit ,they spent really a lot.
Time 3
To keep panda rare and charming, China will only give panda to acountry that he interest in, though every country wants one.
Time 4
It is not ease to adopt a panda ,you need a lot of work to do andyou need prove that you have the condition to adopt it.
Time 5
How to manage your time and the author gives some suggest.
Time 6
How to make your ideal day.
发表于 2013-12-4 21:55:11 | 显示全部楼层
鄙视自沙的人!图片也是熊猫,跟头像一个主题的嘛~强烈建议瓜瓜下次做个熊猫专题!

speaker
adam and eve; the kids with sugar
future focus rather than present fucos
time perspective
his own story
advantages
idea is easy, using them is difficult

speed
panda is expensive. the fee is usually $1 million a year.
other county should pay for newborn panda and death of panda.
everyone wants panda. there is a bilateral trade among china and others.
the house and the flight are strictly controlled.
Pandas have been loaned to various zoos around the world, attracting millions of visitors.
what we used to do to manage our time might not work. now here is the new method: draw an "ideal day" every day and see what will happen.
发表于 2013-12-4 21:57:04 | 显示全部楼层
28-17
Speaker
Sequence?
Secrete of time

Adam’stemptation

Make a decision—basedon past-memory

Anticipated consequences

Future sacrificefor success:

Time 2 1’45
Time 3 1’20
Time 4 1’53
Ø  Panda business

Panda is rare and roughlyless than 50 pandas are outside of China globally.

They can also be extremely expensive.   Outside China

Other country rent the panda (selectivelyloaned) need to pay 1 million each year and also need to paypanda tax if baby panda were born. In addition, they need to return the babypanda (have to be returned to China)when they are over 4 years old (Once the cubsreach four years of age).

China retains the ownership of the pandas andpandas can selectively loan to other countries.

Ø  The countries who can rent pandas are considered from the economicand political sides (strategic andeconomic interests).

Questions: If the panda are everywhere, then they wouldlose their charm.

Ø  Panda caring and conservation are expensive
Pressi
词汇: Score a visitor
they're fussy customers who eat a lot
Aside from a strategic and economic interest

Time 5 1’20
Time 6 1’13
Ø  Traditional time management doesn’t work well from the goalachievement, the effectiveness and happiness.
Ø  New methods of time management: ideal day plan
The author raises the example of himself to illustrate.
Ø  Tips for the new method

It may be difficult at first, however, ultimately, youwould find sometimes you could have an ideal or more than an ideal day.

Obstacle
Debates aboutthe complexity of the world and the most important things on the desk.
1)      The communication is convenientthan ever before while the world is become more complexity
2)      For the business world, if youdon’t vision the future, then you will be erased.
3)      The complexity issue can becoped with simple ways

The complexity world is round while the enterprises arelinear.

Eg. Call center
4)      Simple way don’t mean simplegoals.
发表于 2013-12-4 22:21:28 | 显示全部楼层
Speaking:
Time is temptation and different people can have different categories of time, which we may call time perspective.
Time perspective can be divided into six zones-past-positive, past-negative, present-hedonistic, present-fatalist, future-oriented, transcendental-future.
The optimal combination is high on past-positive, moderately high on future and moderate on present-hedonism. Any time perspective in excess do more negatives than positives.
Time perspective can help us solve many life puzzles.

Speeding:
T2-1'42''
T3-1'34''
T4-2'12''
T5-2'13''
T6-2'26''
Obstacle-6'51''
two points: 1.the bz is more complicated than ever before. 2. managing complexity is at the top of bzppl's agenda.

point1 is debatable.(tech provide bz more convenient) point2 is so sure.(bzppl face more new products as well as the new-products-favor bz world).

V conference results two solutions to the complexity problem: 1.recognise and accept that complexity is a new order.(command & control->self-organizing network) 2.rival1->impose simplicity on complexity.

what to make of these two contrasting views of complexity?
point1 contributes to advance tech in computer area.      (kernel: the core of OS)
point2 has many successful cases in real world.

KISS principle=(Keep It Simple, Stupid!)
发表于 2013-12-4 22:34:51 | 显示全部楼层
必须支持瓜瓜!!!今天又有小伙伴发链接好幸福的说喔~
1:37
1:27
2:18
2:04
1:52
Obstale 6:57
management enthusiasts gathered together to debate two points---  business is more complicated than ever before; managing complexity is most important
point 1 is debatable---faster pace to decide---more uncertain future
to solve the complexity problem---replace the command-and-control with self-organized; focus on the few simple things
monolithic companies have survived---point 1 is not very good
point 2 is more persuasive---successful businesses focus on simple targets---applied in simple-minded way may be silly---business confront complexity more than simplicity: many business failed because they lost their simple principle---“Keep it simple, stupid”, is not a bad rule for management,too.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 02:00
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部