ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 99333|回复: 980

[语文] 新gre填空题型解析:三空题(确认重新编辑好的)

[精华]   [复制链接]
发表于 2012-5-7 09:13:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
下面的十道题供大家交流,答案回复可见!
1. In Democracies and its Critics, Robert Dahl defends both democratic value and pluralist democracies, or polyarchies. Dahl argues convincingly that the idea of democracy rests on political equality—the equality capacity of all citizens to determine or (i)___ collective decisions. Of course, as Dahl recognizes, if hierarchical ordering is (ii)___ in any structure of government, and if no society can guarantee perfect equality in the resources that may give rise to political influence, the democratic principle of political equality is (iii)___ of full realization. So actual systems can be deemed democratic only as approximations to the ideal.        BLANK1          BLANK2                BLANK3
    A hamper       D circumstantial    G incapable
  B influence     E inevitable           H determined
  C incorporate F neutral               I possible
  2. Although the legal systems of England and the United States are superficially similar, they (i)___in their approaches to and uses of legal reasons: substantive reasons in the United States, whereas in England the (ii) ___ is true. This (iii)___ reflects a difference in the visions of law that prevail in the two counties. In England the law has traditionally been viewed as a system of rules; the United States favors a vision of law as an outward expression of the community’s sense of right and justice.
  BLANK1                       BLANK2                BLANK3
  A differ profoundly       D reverse             G distinction
  B convergent                E conventionality  H equilibrium
  C slightly differentiate  F similarity           I dissemination

3. Although some censure became (i)___ during the 1980s, Dahl himself seems to support some of such earlier criticism. Although he (ii)___ that some Western intellectuals demand more democracy from polyarchies than is possible, he nevertheless ends his book by asking what changes in structures and consciousness might make political life more (iii)___ in present polyarchies.
  BLANK1            BLANK2            BLANK3
  A characterized D monocratic    G reveals
  B subdued        E gerontocracic H regrets
  C overruled      F democratic     I approves

4. A major tenet of the neurosciences has been that all neurons (nerve cells) in the brains of vertebrate animals are formed early in development. An adult vertebrate, it was believed, must make do with (i)___ neurons: those lost through (ii)___ or injury are not replaced, and adult learning takes place not through generation of new cells but through (iii)___ among existing ones.
   BLANK1                        BLANK2                      BLANK3
  A a fixed number of       D revolution                H reproduction of older ones
  B abundant                    E disease                    G modification of connections
  C minimal                      F generation               I deduction of similarities
  5. Evidence that the defendant in a criminal prosecution has a prior conviction may (i)___ jurors to presume the defendant’s guilt, because of their preconception that a person previously convicted of a crime must be inclined toward repeated criminal behavior. That commonly held belief is at least a (ii)___; not all former convicts engage in repeated criminal behavior. Also, jury may give more probative weight than objective analysis would allow to vivid photographic evidence depicting a shooting victim’s wounds, or may (iii)___ the weight of defense testimony that is not delivered in a sufficiently forceful or persuasive manner.
  BLANK1          BLANK2                                     BLANK3
  A  encourage  D partial distortion of reality       G underestimate
  B deter           E vivid reflection of imagination  H exaggerate
  C participate   F precise calculation of certainty I reflect
  6. The usage suggests that the creation and critical interpretation of literature are not (i)___ but mechanical processes; that the author of any piece of writing is not (ii)___ artist, but merely a laborer who cobbles existing materials (words) into more or less conventional structures. The term deconstruction implies that the text has been put together like a building or a piece of machinery, and that it is in need of being taken apart, not so much in order to (iii)___ it as to demonstrate underlying inadequacies, false assumptions, and inherent contradictions.
  BLANK1        BLANK2           BLANK3
  A instructive D a derivative   G repair
  B literal        E an insipid      H qualify
  C organic     F an inspired    I construct
  7. Most psychologists, perplexed by the feelings they acknowledge are aroused by aesthetic experience, have claimed that these emotions are genuine, but different in kind from nonaesthetic emotions. This, however, is (i)___ rather than an empirical observation and consequently lacks explanatory value. On the other hand, Gombrich argues that emotional responses to art are (ii)___; art triggers remembrances of previously experienced emotions. These debates have prompted the psychologist Radford to argue that people do experience real melancholy or joy in responding to art, but that these are (iii)___ responses precisely because people know they are reacting to illusory stimuli.
  BLANK1                                      BLANK2              BLANK3
  A a descriptive distinction            D vivacious         G zealous
  B a body of profound knowledge  E synonymous    H lugubrious
  C a valid evidence                       F ersatz              I irrational
  8. Until recently many astronomers believed that asteroids travel about the solar system (i)___ satellites. These astronomers assumed this because they considered asteroid-satellite systems inherently (ii)___. Theoreticians could have told them otherwise: even minuscule bodies in the solar system can theoretically have satellites, as long as everything is in proper scale. If a bowling ball were orbiting about the Sun in the asteroid belt, it could have a pebble orbiting it as far away as a few hundred radii (or about 50 meters) (iii)___ the pebble to the Sun’s gravitational pull.
  BLANK1                     BLANK2              BLANK3
  A unaccompanied by  D scathing          G without losing
  B unprecedented by    E unstable          H before reaping
  C unparalleled by       F soporific          I as well as easing
  9. For analytical purposes (i)___ political conduct has traditionally been divided into two categories. However, there are some common crimes that are so (ii)___ from a political act that the entire offense is regarded as political. These crimes, which are called "(iii)___" political offenses, are generally nonextraditable.
  BLANK1 BLANK2 BLANK3
  A illegal D inseparable G ambiguous
  B political E distinct H vague
  C licit F capricous I relative

10. Social democracy is a general ethical ideal, looking to human (i)___ and brotherhood, and inconsistent, in its radical form, with such institutions as the family and (ii)___ property. Democratic government, on the contrary, is merely a means to an end, an (iii)___ for the better and smoother government of certain states at certain junctures. It involves no special ideals of life; it is a question of policy, namely, whether the general interest will be better served by granting all people an equal voice in elections.
  BLANK1          BLANK2             BLANK3
  A salutary       D unpredictable G aristocracy
  B equality       E general          H promotion
  C complicated F efficacious     I grandiloquence
  答案:
BDG AEG BHF AEG ADG CFG AEG AEG ADI BEG  
发表于 2012-5-7 10:12:06 | 显示全部楼层
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
发表于 2012-5-7 12:18:38 | 显示全部楼层
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
发表于 2012-5-7 12:40:35 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵....句子都不算短嘛...
发表于 2012-5-7 13:41:38 | 显示全部楼层
第三题的答案哪位能解释下啊?谢拉~
发表于 2012-5-7 16:29:33 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢
发表于 2012-5-8 17:18:16 | 显示全部楼层
木有人解释下么?
发表于 2012-5-8 17:37:43 | 显示全部楼层
顶~谢谢了
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-8 18:25:19 | 显示全部楼层
第三题的答案哪位能解释下啊?谢拉~
-- by 会员 sam001386 (2012/5/7 13:41:38)

我感觉第三题第二个空有问题,我再求证下
发表于 2012-5-8 18:57:03 | 显示全部楼层
ding
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:59
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部