2000.10-2

2.  The imagist movement in poetry arose
during the second decade of the twentieth
century........... against romanticism,

(A)         when a revolt

(B)          as a revolt

(C)         a revolt was

(D)        that a revolt

空格前是完整的句子,空格后缺少谓语。如果有连词就必然有谓语,有谓语就一定要有连词连接。答案是B,但as是连词,没有谓语怎么会是正确选项呢?

沙发
发表于 2004-9-19 11:06:00 | 只看该作者

as不仅有连词的作用,也有介词的作用.这里是介词.

as / əz strong æz /
used when you are comparing two people, things, situations etc
as ... as
Tom's not as old as you, is he? an old woman with hair as white as snow Some of the doctors are paid almost twice as much as the nurses. We work as hard as any other team in England.
Please let me know your decision as soon as possible (=as soon as you can) . His last album sold half a million copies and we hope this one will be just as (=equally) popular.
used to say what job, duty, use, or appearance someone or something has
As a parent, I feel that more should be done to protect our children. A large flat stone was used as a table. Dad dressed up as Santa Claus.
used to say what someone thinks or says a person or thing is
The problem is regarded as serious. The result of last week's election will be seen as a victory for the right-wing government. He's described as being in his late teens, tall, and of slim build.
when someone was in a particular age group
As a young man, Eliot had studied art in Paris. I'll take you to all the places I loved as a girl.

连词时

as
used in comparisons
as ... as
They want peace as much as we do. Helen comes to visit me as often as she can. I can't run as fast as I used to.
in the way that someone says or that something happens, or in the condition something is in
Do as I say! We'd better leave things as they are until the police arrive. The money was repaid, as promised. He did not need to keep moving house, as his father had. Roberta was late as usual (=in the way that she usually was) .
used to say that what you are saying is already known or has been stated before
David, as you know, has not been well lately. As I explained on the phone, your request will be considered at the next meeting. As Napoleon once said, attack is the best method of defence.
while or when
I saw Peter as I was getting off the bus. As time passed, things seemed to get worse. Just as the two men were leaving, a message arrived.
used to state why a particular situation exists or why someone does something
As it was getting late, I turned around to start for home. We asked Philip to come with us, as he knew the road.
though
Unlikely as it might seem, I'm tired too. Try as she might, Sue couldn't get the door open. As popular as he is, the President hasn't always managed to have his own way.

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2004-9-19 12:06:00 | 只看该作者

好详细,谢谢斑竹

地板
发表于 2004-9-23 22:18:00 | 只看该作者
可是REVOLT AGAINST是动词阿, 为什么这儿变成名词词组了呢?
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-9-23 23:05:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用lf在2004-9-23 22:18:00的发言:
可是REVOLT AGAINST是动词阿, 为什么这儿变成名词词组了呢?

你应该注意到revolt前面有个不定冠词“a”,动词前面怎么能有"a"呢? 所以revolt 在这里一定是名词
6#
发表于 2005-6-3 23:58:00 | 只看该作者

句子什么意思啊 ?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-14 17:29
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部