求教!关于doing做伴随状语。

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-4-3 19:58:35 | 显示全部楼层
太好的贴!
发表于 2012-5-15 19:41:54 | 显示全部楼层
suri说
"svo,ing 有可能 ing有修饰宾语o的歧义"

你能"comma+ing"找到修饰宾语的例子么?

反正按Ron说的,"comma+ing"做状语,"no comma+ing"修饰前面那个名词(一般是宾语)

我觉得肯定不行呀,又不是限制性与非限制性的区别,而且我引用的这位nn的第三点后来我做og的时候发现有个题目正确选项就是 S,having···,V+O,所以我觉得不能绝对一概而论,具体情况具体分析~~是做定语从句还是状语从句要结合具体的句子分析其在句子中的作用
看第五条5.svo,doing
A.分词优先作状语(伴随状语,结果状语)
B。其次做定语,但没有定语从句清晰,会有修饰歧义,  svo,ing 有可能 ing有修饰宾语o的歧义
所以做题不可过于绝对了
-- by 会员 Suri在奋斗 (2012/2/1 9:19:15)

-- by 会员 babybearmm (2012/2/1 10:11:54)

今天找到啦,好兴奋,og12 65

In a plan to stop the erosion of East Coast beaches, the Army Corps of Engineers proposed building parallel to shore that would rise six feet above the waterline and act as a buffer, so that it absorbs the energy of crashing waves and protecting the beaches.

(A)        act as a buffer, so that it absorbs

(B)        act like a buffer so as to absorb

(C)       act as a buffer, absorbing

(D)       acting as a buffer, absorbing

(E)     acting like a buffer, absorb
正确答案C
SVO,doing
A.分词优先作状语(伴随状语,结果状语)
B.其次作定语,但没有定语从句清晰,会有修饰歧义
所以在这里,是做了定语

-- by 会员 Suri在奋斗 (2012/2/3 11:39:29)

但这个题目og解释修饰是主句的宾语是a breakwater of rocks ,这点还是有点匪夷所思~~有位NN这样说的

In a plan to stop the erosion of EastCoastbeaches,the Army Corps of Engineers proposed building parallel to shore a breakwater of rocksthat would rise six feet above the waterline and act as a buffer, absorbing the energy of crashing waves and protecting the beaches.

现在分词做伴随可以修饰主语也可以修饰宾语(我还是有点不同意这点,坚持以前那个nn的观点,SVO,Ving是第二个作用作定语),具体修饰什么主要是通过逻辑意思来。
这里说的是army corps要建造一个(在吃水线6feet以上的)石头做的防波堤,这个防波堤的作用是作为缓冲, <接下来说如何act as a buffer..>吸收能量和保护海滩
如OG所说,"the breakwater... acts as a buffer. two grammatically parallel phrases, absorbing... and protecting, in order to show two equal functions"。

所以我的理解是这边的现在分词做伴随是为了进一步解释作为缓冲的作用..那么也就是说breakwater of rocks是他们的主语。而不可能时Army Corps of Engineers

这个题目也很争议啊~~~
-- by 会员 Suri在奋斗 (2012/2/3 11:54:31)

suri,分词位置我是这样想的,GMAC喜欢把ving modifier放在句首,这个一般是修饰主语。反过来,放在后面,感觉上都是伴随这个句子的哇。
发表于 2012-5-27 01:20:08 | 显示全部楼层
proposed building (parallel to shore) a breakwater of rocks
building (parallel to shore) a breakwater of rocks 是从句中的主语,还是说,a breakwater of rocks 是从句中的主语。
还是说 building 所有的成分 只是 做了 proposed 的宾语?

那么所谓的 absorbing the energy of crashing and protecing the beaches  作为 rise ... and act as .... 动作的 结果 状语 就解释不通了?
发表于 2012-6-11 16:35:44 | 显示全部楼层
up
发表于 2012-6-11 16:46:28 | 显示全部楼层
the Army Corps of Engineers proposed building a breakwater of rocks (that...rise.... and act as....), absorbing .....
如果把 rocks 后面的 that 定语从句省略不看,很清楚那么 absorbing 就是 修饰了 breakwater of rocks.
发表于 2012-6-12 02:30:16 | 显示全部楼层
teddy mm,我今天看到一道题就是以这道official problem为原型的。在e-gmat.com,注册之后做Sentence Correction Diagnostic Test, 这道题是第1题。
解答也可以在这里看:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhXTOfly1E&feature=relmfu

If you have a v-ing modifier at the beginning of the sentence, it is typically associated with the subject. Even in the case that it modifies the whole sentence, it should still make sense with the subject.

Stacey's example: Slipping on the ice, I fell and broke my ankle. (Ouch!)  
Here "Slipping on the ice," carries the following two meanings:
(1) I slipped on the ice.
(2) Because I slipped on the ice, I fell and broke my ankle.  
You see? Although you can construe this "Slipping on the ice," as an adverbial modifier to express the causation, as shown in (2), you still need to make sure that the s-v pair "I"-"slipping on the ice" makes sense.

In your question, the problem is:
The s-v pair "later generation"-"resulting from" does NOT make sense!
You cannot say "later generation" is resulting from sth. This is illogical.

The correct choice is (D), which uses "as a result" to clarify the logical relationship. Also note that "as a result, " is an adverbial modifier - exactly what we want!

不能
在白勇书里,ing分词短语在句末
1)伴随动作:状态和功能,与句子的谓语动作同时发生,逻辑主语等于主句主语
2)伴随结果,整个句子是原因,到时分词动作产生,无逻辑主语
-- by 会员 Suri在奋斗 (2012/1/31 17:23:23)

也就是V-ing只能有两种用法,一种是修饰名词的一种是作前面一句话的结果状语?

OG verbal 2nd 113
In A.D. 391. resulting from the destruction of the largest library of the ancient world at Alexandria, later generations lost all but the
Iliad and Odyssey among Greek epics, most of the poetry of Pindar and Sappho, and dozens of plays by Aeschylus and Euripides.

(A)resulting from the destruction of the largest library of the ancient world at Alexandria,
(B)the destroying of the largest library of the ancient world at Alexandria resulted and
(C)because of the result of the destruction of the library at Alexandria, the largest of the ancient world,
(D)as a result of the destruction of the library at Alexandria, the largest of the ancient world,
(E)Alexandria's largest library of the ancient world was destroyed, and the result was

这题的答案是C,A错误的原因是因为resulting from不能修饰后面的一整句话吧?resulting from的逻辑主语只能是later generation是吧?然后as a result就能够使得这句话的作为后面主句的结果~不知道可不可以这么理解?
-- by 会员 teddybearj4 (2012/1/31 17:46:54)

发表于 2012-6-12 09:56:08 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢姐姐好有心!看到相似题目还想着回帖子告诉我~~熊抱baby姐~~

看了这道题啦,确实好像,就是出的这个考点!
原句:Resulting from the Obama's medical reform, people don't have to pay XXX fee, XXXfee, and XXX fee.(illogical, resulting from作noun modier修饰people)
正确:as a result of the passage..., people...(这样就可以做后面整个句子的adv modifer了)

谢谢姐姐,这次彻底懂了!
teddy mm,我今天看到一道题就是以这道official problem为原型的。在e-gmat.com,注册之后做Sentence Correction Diagnostic Test, 这道题是第1题。
解答也可以在这里看:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhXTOfly1E&feature=relmfu

If you have a v-ing modifier at the beginning of the sentence, it is typically associated with the subject. Even in the case that it modifies the whole sentence, it should still make sense with the subject.

Stacey's example: Slipping on the ice, I fell and broke my ankle. (Ouch!)
Here "Slipping on the ice," carries the following two meanings:
(1) I slipped on the ice.
(2) Because I slipped on the ice, I fell and broke my ankle.  
You see? Although you can construe this "Slipping on the ice," as an adverbial modifier to express the causation, as shown in (2), you still need to make sure that the s-v pair "I"-"slipping on the ice" makes sense.

In your question, the problem is:
The s-v pair "later generation"-"resulting from" does NOT make sense!
You cannot say "later generation" is resulting from sth. This is illogical.

The correct choice is (D), which uses "as a result" to clarify the logical relationship. Also note that "as a result, " is an adverbial modifier - exactly what we want!

不能
在白勇书里,ing分词短语在句末
1)伴随动作:状态和功能,与句子的谓语动作同时发生,逻辑主语等于主句主语
2)伴随结果,整个句子是原因,到时分词动作产生,无逻辑主语
-- by 会员 Suri在奋斗 (2012/1/31 17:23:23)

也就是V-ing只能有两种用法,一种是修饰名词的一种是作前面一句话的结果状语?

OG verbal 2nd 113
In A.D. 391. resulting from the destruction of the largest library of the ancient world at Alexandria, later generations lost all but the
Iliad and Odyssey among Greek epics, most of the poetry of Pindar and Sappho, and dozens of plays by Aeschylus and Euripides.

(A)resulting from the destruction of the largest library of the ancient world at Alexandria,
(B)the destroying of the largest library of the ancient world at Alexandria resulted and
(C)because of the result of the destruction of the library at Alexandria, the largest of the ancient world,
(D)as a result of the destruction of the library at Alexandria, the largest of the ancient world,
(E)Alexandria's largest library of the ancient world was destroyed, and the result was

这题的答案是C,A错误的原因是因为resulting from不能修饰后面的一整句话吧?resulting from的逻辑主语只能是later generation是吧?然后as a result就能够使得这句话的作为后面主句的结果~不知道可不可以这么理解?
-- by 会员 teddybearj4 (2012/1/31 17:46:54)

-- by 会员 babybearmm (2012/6/12 2:30:16)

发表于 2012-6-14 21:26:39 | 显示全部楼层
大爱baby姐,又一次深刻理解了v-ing的用法,呼呼,每次看姐姐的帖子都好有收获~~~
发表于 2012-7-19 01:12:12 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2012-7-21 17:25:09 | 显示全部楼层
长见识啦!谢谢大家啊!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-17 06:36
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部