ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: sdcar2010

TOEFL iBT 115 - 如何提高英语阅读和写作水平

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-9 22:33:41 | 显示全部楼层
"Although I did not do a formal survey, but I am confident that I am one of only a few members on this forum who write a long post in English on a daily basis. "

Here, I think "but" should be moved away.

And this is the second time I've read  this post, still inspiring! Thanks a lot~
 楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 10:00:40 | 显示全部楼层
Good catch.

"Although I did not do a formal survey, but I am confident that I am one of only a few members on this forum who write a long post in English on a daily basis. "

Here, I think "but" should be moved away.

And this is the second time I've read  this post, still inspiring! Thanks a lot~
-- by 会员 铁板神猴 (2012/8/9 22:33:41)

发表于 2012-8-22 19:49:34 | 显示全部楼层
^^hi, sdcar~ I'm back again ...
Because I've read this post again and again ==, as a way to learn more from it, I found some place very confusing. It might be another minor error or just one I need to learn more thoroughly.

The idiom "I do preach what I teach", don't you mean either "I do practise what I preach", or "I do reach what I teach"? Cause I think the word preach is kind of similar to teach.

Actually, I am just learning how to write a decent work now, and I'd really like to use one of these concise and beautiful words/idioms in my article as you guys did.^^ So, I'd appreciate it if you could help me to figure it out. Thanks a lot!
发表于 2012-8-29 12:56:33 | 显示全部楼层
what a good post on improving english writing skills ! well, i'm always disoriented about how to pull it off,especially in these days when i am preparing for the ielts ,but after reading this article, i feel ashamed: i seldom read the english articles except when i need to do some reading on a particular english test , and therefore it is no wonder that i feel so miserable as it comes to the writing section because of such a limited accumulation of vocabularies and expressions!
yep,it's time to start reading now !
发表于 2012-9-1 16:37:35 | 显示全部楼层
thank your sharing
发表于 2012-9-11 00:27:28 | 显示全部楼层
yes,this article helps me to understand that we should do read English articles and summarize something useful for future purpose.
发表于 2012-9-11 19:36:41 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks. It's really inspiring. But, I'm wondering whether keeping journals is a good habit to improve my writing skill. I do know keeping journals helps me to sharpen my thoughts and expend my minds. Writing down comments after reading the columns ,however, could perhaps a better choice. I just cant figure it out. My writing is not that bad. How to improve my writing style or how to write like a real column writer is something that really drives me crazy.!!!
发表于 2012-9-12 22:33:51 | 显示全部楼层
seriously i am sooo moved by this post...
as a year 4 English major student..i feel so shamed when reading this...
i only have 10 days left for my toefl test...40 days for GRE test.. seems that i have never really fought for my own life...always so lazy sleeping or hanging around with different people.. never really try to learn english well ..
anyway thank you so much for waking me up
发表于 2012-10-6 15:17:53 | 显示全部楼层
Thx for sharing! It's so inspirational.
What you said about read and write hit me really hard.
Honestly, I seldom read english articles or website. I'm not an active reader. The only reading I do is probably reading passages in tests and threads in English like this one.
No wonder I feel like I can never write anything. There is nothing in my head!
It would be a miracle if I could write without much reading, wouldn't it?
I gotta start to READ and WRITE actively!!!
Hope it's not too late.

Again, thank you very much!
发表于 2012-10-16 15:53:07 | 显示全部楼层
将英语融入到自己的日常生活中,而不要只是机械地应付考试!Thank you!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:13
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部