返回列表 发新帖
楼主: JonFrank
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Ask Jon Frank- P69-Q&A:WHY MBA? 7 OVERLOOKED REASONS TO GET AN MBA

[复制链接]
21#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-23 12:06:01 | 只看该作者
Hi Jon,

Please help. Would it be too bold for me to apply for top 5 or top 10 US business schools with below background?

Education: BA Economics
we: 3.5 years in one of the top 3 insurance broking firms. 3-month overseas training experience.
G/T: G730, T109
GPA: 3.3/4.0

If you need more information, please let me know. Many thanks in advance!
-- by 会员 fido12 (2010/9/22 0:00:28)

Hello there!  While a top five school will be very challenging for you (given both your GMAT and your TOEFL, a top ten program is quite possible. 10-15 for sure.  Haas, Ross, places like that should be right in your comfort zone.  Good luck—and go get em!  J

Jon Frank
22#
发表于 2010-9-23 12:29:35 | 只看该作者
Hey Jon, I sent an email to your HBS address. Did you see it? Hope to keep in touch~
23#
发表于 2010-9-24 19:26:52 | 只看该作者
Hello Jon,

Thank you for your reply in recent posts, I found them helpful.

I have a question, I am now applying Yale R1.
I already sent our letter of recommendation invitation to one recommender.
However, I just find another better recommender, it is possible for me to change the recommender? Are there any negative impact if I did it?

Thanks.

Joe
24#
发表于 2010-9-24 20:37:31 | 只看该作者
HBS is my dream school. I'll definitely apply for it this year, in R2.
25#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-26 02:08:41 | 只看该作者
Hello Jon,

However, I just find another better recommender, it is possible for me to change the recommender? Are there any negative impact if I did it?

Thanks.

Joe, it depends on whether the recommender has already provided his rec to the school.  If he hasn’t, you can tell him to STOP the process!  Then, you can tell the school that he was unable to do it, and you need to find another person.  But if he has already submitted, then you will not want to change it.  The school would find that to be strange, and suspicious.  So…as long as he hasn’t submitted the app, you can still save the day!   J

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Jon Frank
Joe
-- by 会员 bigjoe (2010/9/24 19:26:52)

26#
发表于 2010-9-26 08:56:00 | 只看该作者
Hello Jon,

Thanks.

Joe, it depends on whether the recommender has already provided his rec to the school.  If he hasn’t, you can tell him to STOP the process!  Then, you can tell the school that he was unable to do it, and you need to find another person.  But if he has already submitted, then you will not want to change it.  The school would find that to be strange, and suspicious.  So…as long as he hasn’t submitted the app, you can still save the day!   J

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Jon Frank
Founder,
jfrank@mba2005.hbs.edu  

Joe
-- by 会员 bigjoe (2010/9/24 19:26:52)

-- by 会员 JonFrank (2010/9/26 2:08:41)

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the reply, he has not submit yet, that's a great news!

Joe
27#
发表于 2010-9-26 11:25:30 | 只看该作者
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your reply in recent posts, I found them very helpful.

I have a question regarding my background, see if I can give it a shot on Columbia and Wharton? or should I re-position myself on other b-schools?

Study abroad in Australia for 4 years, without any degree (depravation for couple of years and start to work hard and admitted into a UK b-school)
B.A. in Finance and Accounting from a top 10 U.K. B-school
2 W/E in Big Four Audit

I know big four W/E is a little bit weak compared to IB/PE etc. do you think CBS and Wharton are resonable for me or is there any other suggestion u would give.

many thanks.

Leo
28#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-27 11:37:11 | 只看该作者
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your reply in recent posts, I found them very helpful.

I have a question regarding my background, see if I can give it a shot on Columbia and Wharton? or should I re-position myself on other b-schools?

Study abroad in Australia for 4 years, without any degree (depravation for couple of years and start to work hard and admitted into a UK b-school)
B.A. in Finance and Accounting from a top 10 U.K. B-school
2 W/E in Big Four Audit

I know big four W/E is a little bit weak compared to IB/PE etc. do you think CBS and Wharton are resonable for me or is there any other suggestion u would give.

many thanks.

Leo
-- by 会员 kissforwind (2010/9/26 11:25:30)

Hey Leo!  Yes, you certainly do have a chance at these schools, dependingon your test scores of course.  But we love the international exposure.  The trick with CBS especially though is that you need to apply Early!  And that deadline is riiight around the corner.  If you can hit the CBS deadline, you may have a shot.  But again, it depends on your test scores…

Hope this helps—for more info, feel free to email me!
Jon Frank
29#
发表于 2010-9-27 21:26:30 | 只看该作者
Jon!

If I have a reference letter from HBS alumni, who recruits HBS graduates on campus every year

Will that be a good RL?
30#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-28 09:50:18 | 只看该作者
Jon!

If I have a reference letter from HBS alumni, who recruits HBS graduates on campus every year

Will that be a good RL?
-- by 会员 maurise (2010/9/27 21:26:30)

Hey there!  Yes, absolutely, HBS loves that kind of thing.  When I applied to HBS I used an HBS alum to help me get in as well.  And I was accepted! ; )

It is a great idea, and I applaud you for it!
Good luck,
Jon Frank
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 04:04
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部