返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2115|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[原创]Hunter of Trouble - The Grand Nagrand

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2009-10-10 01:06:00 | 只看该作者

[原创]Hunter of Trouble - The Grand Nagrand

After the dismal fog shrouded forests of Terrokar, all I can say is I am having a blast in Nagrand. The scenic terrain is composed of rolling hills in an oak savannah setting. Think Barrens with a lot of oak trees. If you are a skinner, this place is a paradise for you with lots and lots of hides to be skinned, that is for sure. I have been looking forward to this area ever since a previous visit a few weeks back. Open spaces are a hunter's dream. No cheap wow gold trees to back into or cliffs to back off of or any environmental issues to mess with your line of sight.
The flight path in Nagrand for the Alliance is located in the southern part of the zone in the town of Telaar. You will find the Flight master up a ramp above the inn. While you are up there, be sure to take a look around, as the view is well worth a few minutes of your time. If you look off in the distance, you can often see level 70 guards hovering midair protecting the city.
I was unable to find any berries or fruit for my warp stalker, but with fishing available just outside the northeastern corner of town, food for my pet was not be a problem. The town is a host to a plethora of NPCs. The trade goods vendor, poison supplier, and general goods dealer as well as reagent, cooking, armorsmith and blacksmith suppliers all wow gold reside in Telaar. I later discovered that you could buy berries in the PvP contested town of Halaa provided of course your faction currently holds the town.

For those of you who did the Stranglethorn Vale quests, you will meet up with an old friend here, Hemet Nesingwary! Yep you heard me correctly, only this time you get to go on a Safari. The experience points rack up quite nicely despite going back to a kill 20 of this and 30 of that type quests. The enemies are close to town and drop quite easily for me at level 64. Do not be alarmed, Nesingwary has informed me that his son Junior is now taking care of things back in Stranglethorn Vale.

By now I am sure that you are realize I am an adventuresome type and often don’t think before rushing into things. My reasoning for this, "Nothing ventured nothing gained", or as my old friend Urto used to say, "If you ain't dying you ain't trying!" Ok, where was I? Oh yeah, exploring Nagrand. So I am out running around dodging beasts that look like they might eat me for lunch when I see on my mini map crop circle. Oooh, this must be investigated! I was so intent on making my way over to get a better look that I did not notice a huge giant by the name of Durn the Hungerer stomping his way across the countryside. All of the sudden… blamo! I am at the graveyard. You just have to love those one hit deaths. Even the game was against me on that particular day. I was flying back to the city of Shattrath when the server crashed. I logged back into the game to see myself falling through the air to my death. It seems the bird I was on forgot to log back in. I am pretty sure that was the same day I fell off the bridge that crosses into the town of Telaar. They really should put guardrails on those things!
I had a lot of fun in this zone buy wow gold and can see myself spending a lot of time here when the game goes retail. Between being launched through the air on Wazat’s Jump-a-tron to aerial PvP bombing missions, this zone has a little bit of everything.

The Fishing Report
The fishing skill is now at 325 and I still have to use the plus 75 baubles to guarantee a successful catch at my two favorite fishing holes. The first being a small pond just outside the east gate of lower Shattrath where you can catch:
? Golden Darter
? Barbed gill trout
? Spotted Feltail
The next being the small lake just outside the northeastern corner of Telaar where I caught:
? Icefin Bluefish
? Barbed gill trout
? Figluster’s Mudfish
I have been fishing both night and day; so far have not caught anything during the night that was any different than day fishing.
Herbs in this area:
? Dreaming Glory
? Felweed
I also found a new plant in Zangarmarsh as I was riding around collecting herbs called a Flamecap (Use: Chance to strike a ranged or melee target for 40 fire damage. Also increases fire spell damage by up to 80. Lasts 1 minute).
Cooking Recipes (Bought from Uriku cooking supplier in Telaar)
? Poached Bluefish 320 skill 3 gold
? Grilled Mudfish skill 320 3 gold
? Roasted Clefthoof skill 325 3gold
Talent Tree Preview
This week we continue with the final installment from Myth (Mythril) of the Archimonde server who writes the technical stuff for me. Today he will introduce you to the Marksmanship tree with part three of his three part series focusing exclusively on the Hunter Talents.

Tier 1
Improved Concussion Shot- This talent is mostly for PvPers. Sure it has some uses in PvE, but it's main use is in keeping someone from running off or getting to you. I wouldn't put points in it for leveling unless you planned on a lot of PvP along the way.
Lethal Shots- Every template out there should have 5/5 in this talent. Even if you are using a BM/survival template. Five points should spent here. The critical strikes will also help your pet damage with Kill Command.

Tier 2
Improved Hunter's Mark- This talent is filler for the most part. If you're a PvPer you probably have 10 points in Tier 1 marksman and don't need to put any in tier 2. This is probably something that one hunterin a PvE raid should have maxed since the mark now adds the power to melee.
Efficiency- I've never been that fond of Efficiency and have in the past just used it for filler points as needed. i still think its usefulness remains in doubt. Basically it's going to give you 10% more mana by reducing the mana cost. To me you only see this benefit if you blow your mana pool all the way to zero a lot. And even then, it will probably only make a difference of two shots. Some people always max it. However I never saw the logic in it. I might try this in combination with Combat Experience and Careful Aim to see how well it does in raids.

Tier 3
Go for the Throat- Juicy talent! Sounds innocuous at first, but this is a talent that can really pay off for a marksman hunter. A BM hunter who dabbles in marksmanship only needs this if they plan on using Claw a lot, since they probably already have Bestial Discipline. If you are a survival hunter or marksman hunter you need two points here in my opinion. One of those "must haves".
Improved Arcane Shot- People are on either side of the fence for this one. Ultimately, is one second worth five points? Before BC, the answer was definitely no. Mainly because arcane shot stunk at damage. Now arcane shot is a prominent shot in both PvP and PvE. I've had it and not had it. I think once we get steady shot, the one second difference will be immaterial. It's kind of handy to have pre-BC but I'd drop it once I got steady shot.
Aimed Shot- Pre-BC talents this was a must-have. Now, if you're primarily Beast or survival, I'd take it just to get to mortal shots. But aimed shot just doesn't have the usefulness that it once had. BC changes have this shot interrupting your auto shot. This shot is now just an opener. I'd never bother with trying to weave it into some type of shot rotation now. Either start with it or don't use it at all.
Rapid Killing- This talent is not a necessity, but I happen to like it. I took it not for the next shot damage, which is handy in battlegrounds, but for the rapid fire cooldown reduction. Being a troll hunter, it syncs rapid fire up with Berserking; A nice combination.

Tier 4
Improved Stings- I haven't made my mind up totally. I go back and forth between this and improved arcane. Right now I like it better than improved arcane shot.
Mortal Shots- If you're going 20 points or higher in marksman then put points here; A nice damage talent.

Tier 5
Concussive Barrage- I like the potential for this if you group with multiple hunters in PvP. In PvE it will probably only be useful against trash mobs. This talent will be stronger once you can get steady shot. I still see limited use if only 1 hunter in group has it.
Scattershot- Only the best 21 point talent we have. I even rate it ahead of the 41 point talent in the survival tree. The only spec I wouldn't take Scattershot would be if I went 41 points Beast mastery (but I'd still miss it).
Barrage- If you are going for 41-points in marksmanship, max this, which you would if you put any other points other than scattershot this high in the tree. Even with the increased mana consumption of this shot, it still is a great shot, especially in PvP.

Tier 6
Combat Experience- I'm a reserved fan of this talent with limited effectiveness but possible potential. Agility doesn't mean what it once did. The developers probably wanted us to combine it with Careful Aim to give a boost to RAP this way. If our gear starts to get better intellect stats on it then there is a break even point where it would be better than say RWS, but we aren't there yet. One other thing of note, two points here gives you 6% more mana. It takes 3 points in efficiency to do basically that. As crappy as this is, it's still better than efficiency point for point. Possible raiding spec might include this and efficiency so that you'd still have a mana pool in those long fights. As a matter of fact, if you don't put 5 points in improved concussion you can max efficiency, Combat experience, and Careful Aim while still getting in 3 points in RWS to get to the 41 points for Marksmanship. I'd also stick another two into Improved Barrage, but that's another story. I might try that spec sometime just for grins but I'd probably miss Improved Concussion shot too much.
Ranged Weapon Specialization- This is a nice talent. Most hunters will max this. It's possible now that 3 of 5 points is adequate and more benefit is possible with the other 2 points spent elsewhere.

Tier 7
Careful Aim- I wish our suit bonuses to intellect were better. I think as time passes it's my prediction that we will gravitate more towards this talent. The armor just needs to support it better.
Trueshot Aura- The old 31 point talent. If you're this high up, you're going to take this.
Improved Barrage- I love this talent. Even with the increased mana cost, I really like this shot in battleground and arena PvP. The frequency that all three shots from multi-shot crit has gone way up and maybe it's just me, but I love hitting three cloth targets for close to 2000 damage each, all at the same time.

Tier 8
Master Marksman- Max it; you're this high anyway and you know you want Silencing Shot.

Tier 9
Silencing Shot- This is an amazing talent. This shot does wonders against all forms of casters in both PvE and PvP. Learn when to use it and it's a blast.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-4 06:59
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部