搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: shalomtang
打印 上一主题 下一主题

INSEAD Jan 2008 Intake - Round 1

[精华] [复制链接]
21#
发表于 2007-5-13 20:18:00 | 只看该作者
Shalomtang, you were dinged? Sorry to know that... What did they say? So where are you going?
22#
发表于 2007-5-14 00:22:00 | 只看该作者
A pity to hear that news. Be prepared to apply other b-schools.You can make it finally!
23#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-14 11:13:00 | 只看该作者

They say: "Given the confidential nature of the Admissions process, I am unable to give you any clear indication as to what elements in your file might have contributed to this decision. It is against INSEAD policy to disclose any information regarding the Admissions Committee's decision. I can say that the Admissions Committee looks at a combination of factors and that a relatively outstanding evaluation of several elements is required for a clear admission. As the Admissions process is highly competitive, a relative weakness in any one element can often result in a refusal." so I am asking them to specifically list down 1 or 2 relative weakness if possible. Still waiting for their reply. This is just to make sure "Ding" 也 "Ding" 得明白。虽然很多学校说不给反馈,但从申请人的角度来看,交了钱,好歹给个说法. Sometimes they do reply if you ask. I should be able to make a decision around early June. Somewhere European continent, hopefully

24#
发表于 2007-5-14 13:23:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用shalomtang在2007-5-14 11:13:00的发言:

They say: "Given the confidential nature of the Admissions process, I am unable to give you any clear indication as to what elements in your file might have contributed to this decision. It is against INSEAD policy to disclose any information regarding the Admissions Committee's decision. I can say that the Admissions Committee looks at a combination of factors and that a relatively outstanding evaluation of several elements is required for a clear admission. As the Admissions process is highly competitive, a relative weakness in any one element can often result in a refusal." so I am asking them to specifically list down 1 or 2 relative weakness if possible. Still waiting for their reply. This is just to make sure "Ding" 也 "Ding" 得明白。虽然很多学校说不给反馈,但从申请人的角度来看,交了钱,好歹给个说法. Sometimes they do reply if you ask. I should be able to make a decision around early June. Somewhere European continent, hopefully

Agree with you, shalomtang, try to get feedback from INSEAD to build on learnings. Euro200 is not small money.
25#
发表于 2007-5-14 15:57:00 | 只看该作者

ttbbq去哪里了,不知道他录了没有...

INSEAD is never a pushover, very tough to get in. Many Indian with excellent background dinged solely due to diversity consideration.

Maybe my case is just a prolonged refusal. Who knows. Let it be!

26#
发表于 2007-5-14 21:07:00 | 只看该作者

Sino, thank you for remembering me.

I was waitlisted actually, a bit depressed at beginning but I have to accept the result is reasonable considering my poor (if not to be said as disastrous) interviews. 

I paid CEIBS deposit already, the school offered me generous scholarship that I appreciate a lot.

However, the very dramatic thing recently is, one of my old friend came back from US suddenly and invited me to join the core team of his entrepreneurial start-up. Now I'm really wondering if I should go for MBA at this time... hehe, things change quickly!

27#
发表于 2007-5-14 23:53:00 | 只看该作者
Too many options for you. Maybe we can meet at CEIBS.
28#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-6-17 21:38:00 | 只看该作者
I got the feedback finally, at the end of May. It's something I can't really help much. "You're from a well-known university in China with so-so GPA. But we have many applicants from famous unversities around the world with outstanding GPA. Your leadership potential is not that great, either. It's all about competition and comparison in the same pool." But thank God! I got the offer from a more fitting school.
[此贴子已经被作者于2007-6-17 21:39:02编辑过]
29#
发表于 2007-6-17 22:19:00 | 只看该作者

Shalomtang, it's ok. You will find the school you are going actually matches with you more. You're a loss to INSEAD.

30#
发表于 2007-6-17 22:57:00 | 只看该作者

Oh! I am from not well-known univ. of China and with so so GPA. Does that mean I have slim chance? If you have long w/e, does GPA matter that important? It doesn't sound reasonable.

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-6-17 22:57:51编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-3 15:52
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部