搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: inkink
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[备考心经] 北美 GMAT 770 写作6分 考后感想

[精华] [复制链接]
61#
发表于 2007-2-3 16:18:00 | 只看该作者
英语为什么会退步啊?看你怎么偏重了。搞工科的自然跟他学的方向有关,搞生物的自然跟生物有关,你要说整体英文水平,我看不见得提高什么。我主要说的就是词汇量。但如果是文科的,我想估计会好很多吧。

楼主还是不错的,现在是春风得意马蹄急啊,呵呵。还是要恭喜的。谢谢对我的指点,特别欣赏一句话:“一般一个人最薄弱的环节就是最容易提高成绩,时间投入收益最高的的部分。对时间有限的备考,这点很重要,一定要有意识地取舍。”

个人都有自己的人生态度。呵呵,有一句话说得好:只有民族的才是世界的
62#
发表于 2007-2-4 05:44:00 | 只看该作者

汗,几天没看,一下子这么多内容了。

楼主可能确实比较强,从他处理帖子回复能看出他为人处世还是很有水平的

Gmat也有可能确实很高,就是在原帖的时候过于炫耀了,也有可能夸张了复习的时间以及程度,惹来非议,尤其是那些自己学的不怎么好心情非常烦躁的人

考了高分拿出来自己高兴一下,我们应该理解的

但是说真的那些心得对绝大部分考生没用

顺便问一下楼主,你的阅读完全不用练习?靠着你在平时锻炼出来的阅读能力就能轻松做出来吗?

63#
发表于 2007-2-4 18:49:00 | 只看该作者

恩,没必要论战什么,还是集中精力处理GMAT相关问题吧,多谈些问题,少谈些主义,人无论怎样,有自信就好,路确实有很多条。

至于北美,我没有在意的意思,也没有羡慕的意思,这是实话,追梦中很多人都去过美国,在那里工作过,了解美国的生活,我也是其中之一,也拿到了绿卡。人在环境中成长不假,还是要看重自己的根,认同别人的文化的同时,把握我们中国人自己的本源。

楼主的确深刻的了解美国的竞争心态,我的话没有评价和指摘的意思,我只是表达一种观点,在追梦中还有许多怀有梦想的人,能够分享你的经验,而非告诉别人你超凡的智力。

64#
发表于 2007-2-5 11:03:00 | 只看该作者

好贴!从一开始看到现在能够很好的帮助自己对文化的理解和对沟通的理解。

我自己的一点看法是(不针对任何人),沟通如果真正能够站在别人的角度思考,那就能很有效的进行。我们很难站在Lz的角度思考问题,因为文化背景差别太大,所以一开始会有误解、猜疑,特别是LZ的遣词。其实,LZ同样没有理解CD一贯的分享帖里面“传统”的内容,理解一般CDer对高分贴的期望(主要是希望能够学到经验,少走弯路,而不是希望能够通过捷径不需努力就成功)。但是,也许,双方并没有这个必要理解对方的立场,但是从局外人来看,可以看到很多沟通可能引起冲突的地方,很多文化的痕迹。

感谢LZ的真诚分享!

65#
发表于 2007-2-5 21:58:00 | 只看该作者
此贴就像一个大林子------里头什么鸟都有!
66#
发表于 2007-2-6 09:34:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用inkink在2007-2-3 14:17:00的发言:

1. Yes

2. Not really.  I like my industry (technology) but would like to play a different role.  In fact I like the technology industry whole heartedly.  I am not interested in moving to the financial industry and start all over again. 

Well, maybe 50% of MBA graduates work in finance industry. Others are in Business Strategy, marketing etc. For technology field, maybe you can work for consultant company like Deloitte or implement SAP.

But one thing is, if you have family and don't want to travel all the time, I think you still need get into finance industry. Do you have a plan yet? Fulltime MBA has the opportunity to do intern and that's the best time to change career.

67#
发表于 2007-2-6 09:38:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用inkink在2007-2-3 14:39:00的发言:

其实,这个经历对我来说蛮有益处,可以说是一种反向 “文化冲击”。我理解发起人身攻击的ID的心态,因为我还记得在国内社会的一些潜规则,比如“谦虚谨慎”的“传统美德”。不过我的生存环境对这个“传统美德”并不是很重视,甚至不是很认可。所以他人基于这个潜规则对我做的评价,我也不会在乎。

但是,实事求是地说,每次我回国的时候,也会自然地转换心态,遵循国内的规则。所谓“见什么人说什么话”。 

To be honest, I kind of aagree with LZ and feel it's much simpler living in the states.

68#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-2-6 14:48:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用alanis_liu在2007-2-4 5:44:00的发言:

顺便问一下楼主,你的阅读完全不用练习?靠着你在平时锻炼出来的阅读能力就能轻松做出来吗?

试着做了4~6篇文章,然后决定没有准备阅读部分的必要。

实事求是地说,阅读是我觉得最轻松愉快的一部分。

69#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-2-6 15:22:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用strout在2007-2-6 9:34:00的发言:

Well, maybe 50% of MBA graduates work in finance industry. Others are in Business Strategy, marketing etc. For technology field, maybe you can work for consultant company like Deloitte or implement SAP.

But one thing is, if you have family and don't want to travel all the time, I think you still need get into finance industry. Do you have a plan yet? Fulltime MBA has the opportunity to do intern and that's the best time to change career.

Thanks for the advice.  I do have family, and I do travel all the time even now.     But one thing's for sure, I won't be working as a tech consultant at a consulting firm.  That would be one step backward.

Honestly speaking, to some extent I am not 100% sure what I will be doing post-MBA.  I have been working a few years in the technology industry in a mostly technical role relatively successfully and now it's a good time to re-charge and strategize for the next stage of my life and career.   I started my career in technology because I deeply believed in the potential of technology to change the world, and I still believe technology will solve many of today's toughest world problems.  I think we are only starting to see the real impact of technologies such as the internet, genetic engineering, alternative energy sources, etc.    I think it's our generation's mission and responsibility to create a social infrastructure to allow the technologies to evolve and benefit our children.  Don't even get me started on this topic since I can just go on and on for days and hours on this.

70#
发表于 2007-2-6 15:32:00 | 只看该作者
To work in Deloitte as a system engineer absolutely does not need a MBA degree. An engineering MS/MENG will be far more enough. It is also hardly been considerated as a consultant in the business world. It is more like small IT consulting company's working type, maybe just a little higher since it is Deloitte. Accenture will do the same thing.

I totally agree, post-MBA back to Deloitte will be BIG step backward.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-20 00:27
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部