返回列表 发新帖
查看: 1234|回复: 6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

麻烦帮我看看TWE163, 过两天就要考了!

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-5-25 05:33:00 | 只看该作者

麻烦帮我看看TWE163, 过两天就要考了!

偶作文底子薄, 练了好几遍才敢贴上来求教, 请大家帮我批批. 马上要考了, 酱子的文章可以得几分啊? 唉, 心里实在慌啊...

163. Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

When it comes to the issue of whether or not the ability to read and write is more important today than in the past, people may hold different opinions due to their respective angle. As far as I am concerned, I believe the ability of read and write is more crucial for people than ever before. In the following discussion, I will present only a few of most conspicuous reasons to support my viewpoint.

No issue is more important now than the efficient communication in the modern society. As we all know, reading and writing are the fundamental skills for communication. Nowadays, with the rapid progress of science and technology, we enter the era of globalization in culture and economy. Communication between people is becoming much more frequently than ever before. The advanced technology has made communication very efficient via the use of Internet, such as, email, instant messaging and other advanced ways, which are more require people to improve their ability to read and write than traditional ways of communication. In my case, I received nine emails just yesterday and six of them required my immediate reply! Hence, this puts a much higher demand than ever on people’s ability to read and write quickly.  

Moreover, the progress of education is another convincing reason for my position. In the past, a bachelor degree was the most common education degree. Today, however, advanced degrees such as masters and Ph Ds have become more common. Since reading and writing are the basic ways to obtain knowledge, people who want to pursue higher education must have excellent skill on literacy in order to achieve their educational goals successfully.  

Admittedly, there are other skills such as oral communication skill that are important in face-to-face circumstances. However, as stated earlier, more and more aspects of business and personal life are moving onto the Internet. This makes the advantages of reading and writing skills carry more weight. Also, to learn knowledge, the importance of literacy cannot be replaced by any other means.

In conclusion, given the facts discussed above, it is safe to reach the conclusion that the reading and writing skills are more important than in the past. In fact, the ability of reading and writing will become more and more important in the future.  

沙发
发表于 2005-5-25 06:37:00 | 只看该作者
写得不错,注意单复数动词。不要紧张。
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2005-5-25 07:18:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用hncsxj在2005-5-25 6:37:00的发言:
写得不错,注意单复数动词。不要紧张。

多谢hncsxj的鼓励! , 想问一下这样子的文章可拿几分啊? 只剩下两天了, 心里没底..

地板
发表于 2005-5-25 13:15:00 | 只看该作者
文章结构很好,可是会不会字数太多,写不完?
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-5-25 13:45:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用connee在2005-5-25 13:15:00的发言:
文章结构很好,可是会不会字数太多,写不完?

楼上mm说的正是我担心的, 每次写都会有这么多, 是不是语言不够简练啊
6#
发表于 2005-6-1 06:56:00 | 只看该作者
When it comes to the issue of whether or not the ability to read and write is more important today than in the past, people may hold different opinions due to their respective angles. As far as I am concerned, I believe the ability of read and write is more crucial for people than ever before. In the following discussion, I may show some conspicuous reasons to support my viewpoint.

Nothing is more important now than the efficient communication in the modern society. As we all know, reading and writing are the fundamental skills for communication. Nowadays, with the rapid progress of science and technology, we enter the era of globalization in culture and economy. Communication between people is becoming much more frequently than ever before. The advanced technology has made communication very efficient via the use of Internet, such as, email, instant messaging and other advanced ways, which are more require people to improve their ability to read and write than traditional ways of communication. In my case, I received nine emails just yesterday and six of them required my immediate reply! Hence, this puts a much higher demand than ever on people’s ability to read and write quickly.   

一点小改动,不知道合不合适

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-6-1 10:41:00 | 只看该作者

谢谢楼上妹妹热心帮我修改. 问一下whether or not和I believe 有啥不妥呢?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-11 14:18
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部