搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: lewis
打印 上一主题 下一主题

排名真地很重要吗?[讨论]

[复制链接]
11#
发表于 2003-3-25 00:21:00 | 只看该作者
I would like to say that top 30-50 schools do not have much difference. But i do think graduating from a top 20 or even top 10 schools will bring you better opportunity when looking for jobs,especially ibanking and consulting type.
I agree that your ability and working experience play a much more important role on the promotions and career development than the brand names some years after you are out of the schools. Nobody will care which school you were in, except it is W/H/S...
12#
发表于 2003-3-25 01:09:00 | 只看该作者
Ranking is very very very important for MBAs.
13#
发表于 2003-4-18 09:59:00 | 只看该作者
As Chinese, everyone pays great attentions to ranking because we are raised and brought up under cirsumstances where you have to rank all the time and your personal ranking here most of the time determines your future as we move forward. In US, they have different educational system and they have different conceptions on values. Of course if you are a Harvard graduates, you stand out and people look at you differently. Top 10 is always nice yet you still have to think who you are and whether you could stand out. If you are only a good test taker and can not stand out in the future, your presitgious degree will only bring you shame and embarrasement.

I agree with one of the speakers above, you have to evaluate yourself and try to find the best fit for you when choosing MBA. If you are going to do I/B or Consulting, you have to be in the top schools. But again, do you guys think that an I/B job of more than 100,000$ will bring you a happier life? It is all about peronal choice and preference.

Good name will help you to have the chance to interview with many good companies, but three months after you start working, everybody forgets where you are from. Many of the CEOs in US only have Bacholer degree.

14#
发表于 2003-4-20 08:19:00 | 只看该作者
I guess you have to compare apple to apple. Ranking is very important if not the most important. To us chinese, alumni network and so-called "decent education" from tier-2/tier-3 school won't help us too much. usually you will find that you are in a position of "me against the world" when you are in b-school.
At the end, when you try to sell yourself. how can a person tell whether you can really do well on the job? Every MBA graduate will tell you he/she can. tier-1, tier-2 or tier-3. I cannot throw an exam at those people. All I can do is let the ranking make the decision.
Have I told you guys that many fortune 100 companies treated people differently? for top20 graduates, IBM sent them to New York for training. rest were sent to north carolina. You can be assured that, the program in NYC is totally different from the other program.
15#
发表于 2005-7-18 10:48:00 | 只看该作者

读了总比不读好!我认为

16#
发表于 2005-7-19 23:23:00 | 只看该作者

Ranking is very important. MBA is the only professional education which is not supplemented by a professional license. Law school has bar exam. Medical school has doctor license exam. Everything in MBA education is based on reputation and reputation only. You can buy a MBA degree from Univ of Pheonix without GMAT or even going to the campus but it will not do you any good.

The only other important thing beside ranking is alumni networks. It will help you a lot in bad times. Kellogg and Cornell have the best alumni networks. During the worst hiring time 2001-2002, Cornell alumni chartered airplane for recruiters to campus and Kellogg matched each graduate with one alumni to help him finding jobs. As far as I know, Columnbia and Univ of Chicago did nothing special for its graduate during this period.

Just my take on this issue.

17#
发表于 2005-7-19 23:41:00 | 只看该作者
TOP的MBA会让人初进入某个公司时相对容易,但是普通MBA也相对艰难地进入后,今后的职业发展就不再和排名有关了,那个时候就是个人适应企业能力的较量了。
18#
发表于 2005-7-20 02:44:00 | 只看该作者

Yale joke

The Yale lecture is a joke.  How comes everyone think it's true?  Read the original version carefully.

19#
发表于 2005-7-20 05:04:00 | 只看该作者
spt  
{codestart}<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
document.write (usercolor('8','marsgirl'));
</script>{codeend}marsgirl

20#
发表于 2005-7-20 08:22:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用marsgirl在2003-3-24 23:59:00的发言:
I don't think the ranking is so important. A mature applicant will choose a b-school according to personal development. A degree can't garantee a high salary and decent job title. But the skills and knowledge a person learns from studying will benefit one in the rest of life.

Just my 2 cents.

非常同意这位mm的观点,个人的感觉分量最重的还是找一个适合自己未来发展的方向最重要,举个例子,如果你得到了hbs的邀请不过是读hr,但你渴望读的是finance,那你会不会去呢?

读mba应该不止收获学位这么多的!

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-7-20 8:23:32编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 11:20
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部