楼主
发表于 2014-11-27 13:59:50 | 显示全部楼层
Great information!
沙发
发表于 2014-12-11 00:27:17 | 显示全部楼层
suellen6780 发表于 2014-12-10 05:04
请问我是11.30号提交的申请,按校友经验大概多久会有面试通知呢?谢谢!

Hi Suellen6780,  

Based on our experience, this will depends on your background and experience. The typical process can depends on anywhere between one weeks to one and half month. Because of the raising UCSD-Rady reputation, we definitely can predict a jump in number of applicants. We're in finals week and Christmas is coming up, so the process is a little slow. If you're worried about interference with your other schools deadline, you can send a courtesy note to the admission office and ask an update. Hope this helps!
板凳
发表于 2015-1-1 03:56:10 | 显示全部楼层
bigfatwhiterabb 发表于 2014-12-30 09:32
楼主好~
楼主能否指点下rady的essay?
两个essay一个问了你在工作中的贡献,一个问如何介绍自己,如何给rad ...

Hi bigfatwhiterabb,

I think there's no right or wrong answer to this question. In my own honest opinion, I think Rady admission want to see how would you bring your expertise and know-how to your future Rady Cohort and want to know a little bit more about you. I think the best way to tackle this question is to related your job experience and why you choose Rady, and why now is the best time to pursue an MBA.

For example, if Rady Admissions ask you to introduce yourself to your classmates and what contribution can you bring to your future classmates, this is in connection with the "why Rady" question, ex. if you're a self-entrepreneur and you know Rady pride itself on entrepreneurship and encourage future MBA students to launch their business, you would want to emphasis that. If you're an experience 10 year mid-level executive, you want to share how your leadership would benefit the whole class and Why accepting you as an MBA student would enriches the program in any other way. To sum up, like any other Business School,  Rady want to bring in the best talent and educate them to be the best in any industry. The better you know about Rady, the better Rady Admission knows that you did your homework and want to offer you a seat in the future cohort. Hope this will ease any concerns you might have.

Happy New Years!
地板
发表于 2015-1-2 03:20:49 | 显示全部楼层
bigfatwhiterabb 发表于 2015-1-1 08:19
Hi Nautibei,

Thank you for your helpful comments!

Hi bigfatwhiterabb,
   Correct, I'm a first year MBA student here at the Rady School of Management. With the U.S recession over, American economy is back in action, especially in manufacturing and High Tech fields. UCSD has a prestige reputation, so Rady is definitely taken advantage of the UCSD name. In terms of finding a job in California and the bay area, you have to know what industry you are coming from and what industry you intend to go into. Bay Area is the hub of innovation and the mantra of technology. So if you intend to stay in high tech related field, I don't see why you can't find a job after MBA graduation, with that said, it's very difficult for International to get H1-B sponsor from a lot of companies, so you guys have to start your work early on in the process, before you step into B-School. In addition, Communication is another screening tool to predict whether a company will want to invest in you or move forward with another candidate. Rady is a new school, Career services is still trying to play the catch up game to other top 30 business schools, so finding internship and full time placement will take some work. My advice is to do as much homework as you can before you arrived next fall if you get accepted. No matter which school you attend, whether it's Harvard, MIT or Stanford, Finding a job is a work of art, nothing is guarantee and no one will just hand you a "You're Hired" letter. So network, network and network (you're previous job network, and you're school network will definitely help)

I'm going to leave off here for others to provide more comments. This is my 2 cents. Hope this will help!
5#
发表于 2015-1-7 11:42:57 | 显示全部楼层
bigfatwhiterabb 发表于 2015-1-2 08:59
Thank you Nautibei, really helpful.
I worked as operations in energy import field. My working expe ...

Bigfatwhiterabb,

Sorry for the late reply, First of all Operations and Supply Chain seems identical, but it's very different and niche in America, I can speak to this because I have 10+ years in Operation and Global Supply Chain. Whether it's in the US or in China only big companies will want to hire Supply Chain Major since SCM is heavily concentrate on cost reduction and material inflow and outflow and only big companies have specialized job title such as Supply Chain Analyst, Commodity Manager, Global procurement Manager, Inventory Manager, etc. Do you have Supply Chain experience previously? Do you hold any certificate training (CPM, CPIM, CSCP, Lean Manufacturing Six Sigma Green or Black Belt? ) If you have any of these certificate it will be a big plus for you to stand out even if you're an international candidate. The reason why I say this is Supply Chain is a hot commodity in the 21st century for any company that is looking to compete in a global environment in terms of product management, cost reduction, and business expansion. If you can combine SCM with Data Analytics (Big Data) I know many Consumer and Energy companies are looking to hire such talents. SCM is like a project manager and cost account manager that need to save $$ and make an impact on the bottom line. If you don't have any experience in High tech or bio-tech, its not a big deal if you know how to promote and sell your skills to your potential employers but if you have trouble interpret your thoughts in front of recruiter then this might become a problem. My first SCM job when I graduate from college is with Proctor & Gamble then I switch to Aerospace, building F-22 and F-35 for the Department of Defense, As long as you have the hardcore skill and know how to promote yourself I don't see switching industry will be too much of a problem, of course you do have to know the terminologies in order to convince someone to hire you for the position.

-Example of Supply Chain Jobs in the US-
Both east coast, west coast as well as down south have SCM opportunities
South-Shell, Dell, Texas Instrument, Coca Cola
West-Apple, Facebook, Intel, Walmart.com, Levis, Amazon, Pepsi, Disney, Nike
East Coast/Midwest- Proctor & Gamble, SC Johnson, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, IBM, McDonalds etc.
6#
发表于 2015-1-10 03:11:57 | 显示全部楼层
areslwh 发表于 2015-1-7 12:38
非常同意您的见解,不过也有一个小小的疑问。既然supply chain方向的就业机会集中于大公司,而很多大公司 ...

Your question is very broad, it's very hard to answer this question just give you a rough estimate. But to be brief there are so many big companies in the U.S so your chance are very good if you try hard enough and want to stay in the U.S after graduation. But just like I said in my previous post, SCM is a hot job function, if you have any international experience, it will be a big plus. Give you an example, one of our 2nd year have international experience in China working for Accenture and Oracle. you can definitely transfer your skill to the U.S and everyone know about those companies. To be honest, whether it's international or U.S citizen, the proportion for a given position in any company is the same, only difference is your status and experience. Hope this helps, not really sure if I answer your question correctly.
7#
发表于 2015-1-10 03:13:14 | 显示全部楼层
bigfatwhiterabb 发表于 2015-1-7 16:31
WOW~Verrrrry Heplful! Thank you Nautibei!

I have experience in international business operations ...

Good luck with your application, if you need any tip or help you can message me or post more questions on here, I will either answer myself or have other Rady MBA student help you.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-10 17:03
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部